• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STRANGER OF SWORD CITY |OT| - "We're going to need another Timmy"

Ephidel

1) Is there an easy way to tell if an item is unique from the inventory? I notice it usually is a 'rare sword' or whatever, and there seems to be more flavor text 'first sword ever made in sword city' or whatever, but i'm wondering if there is a simple way to tell.
The icons are the easiest way to tell. If the rank icon is yellow then it's rare/unique. If it isn't then it's common.
qItKl17.jpg
wc5KuAa.jpg
2) If I equip, say, a 60x1 weapon to my fighter, when I look at his stats under 'fighting efficiency' it will show, say, 104x1 instead. Other units get similar 'bonuses'. What is causing all my team to hit above the weapon stats? Is damage simply being affected by str (agi for thrown?)? That would be cool.
I'm assuming it's being affected by Str.
Riza has 11Str and Gillius' Katana +7 from the image above (141 damage) gives her main hand 170 damage (picture for illustration purposes)
If I give it to Casimir (21+2 Str) it gives his main hand 206 damage (another picture). If I strip him of the +2 by removing his ring that takes it down to 200 (and another).
(Similarly, the offhand penalty Riza has is because her Agi isn't 25 yet. The closer you get to 25, the lower the penalty).

ultra7k

Finally cleared the post game content this evening, game time clocked in at 51:56. It honestly felt shorter than that, and getting the Platinum was very satisfying.

Merlin Dolls are key lol, and I honestly don't know how you are supposed to win vs those multi-hit KOs from the final boss without them.

All in all, a real solid DRPG which I enjoyed thoroughly! Here's looking forward to the next one.

Also a big thank you to everyone in this thread who answered my questions.

hawk2025

Several spoilerific questions:

- does it matter what I say to the Elder in Mausoleum of Metal? Do we fight regardless?
- I'm currently doing the Ice Palace but I also have the second underwater area open. How close to the ending?
- Is there a point of no return at all? Missables?
- Anna :(

Several spoilerific questions:

- does it matter what I say to the Elder in Mausoleum of Metal? Do we fight regardless?
- I'm currently doing the Ice Palace but I also have the second underwater area open. How close to the ending?
- Is there a point of no return at all? Missables?
- Anna :(

- i think this stuff is just flavor in this game
- really depends on how much time you spend in each area. you could probably finish the game in about 10 hours. i was really slow in this game, so who knows.
- i think you can miss a scene in the ice palace if you don't clear the dungeon before the end
- don't worry, you can still get her panties, wtf.

hawk2025

- i think this stuff is just flavor in this game
- really depends on how much time you spend in each area. you could probably finish the game in about 10 hours. i was really slow in this game, so who knows.
- i think you can miss a scene in the ice palace if you don't clear the dungeon before the end
- don't worry, you can still get her panties, wtf.

But no missable trophies, right? All that extra content is accessible without going into NG+?

It's weird that there are no guides or walkthroughs for this game anywhere!

Also, is the "Kill 10 Lineage Types" trophy glitched? I'm WELL beyond that at this point, probably should even have the 20 trophy by this point...

Saphirax

But no missable trophies, right? All that extra content is accessible without going into NG+?

It's weird that there are no guides or walkthroughs for this game anywhere!

Also, is the "Kill 10 Lineage Types" trophy glitched? I'm WELL beyond that at this point, probably should even have the 20 trophy by this point...

Just clear the ice dungeon asap. That's the only missable trophy I believe.

And the Lineage trophy isn't glitched. You need to rehunt 10 lineages.

hawk2025

Just clear the ice dungeon asap. That's the only missable trophy I believe.

And the Lineage trophy isn't glitched. You need to rehunt 10 lineages.

Great, thanks for the info.

I'll wait to start "
M of Storms?
" until after I finish the ice dungeon, then.

hawk2025

Is "Frozen Truth" the missable trophy?

Two lineage types left on the Ice Palace and they are murdering me, would like to do them later if possible...

Saphirax

Is "Frozen Truth" the missable trophy?

Two lineage types left on the Ice Palace and they are murdering me, would like to do them later if possible...
As long as you killed the boss and got the trophy you're good to go. I left one lineage type in that place for later.

hawk2025

Getting close to the end :(

Damn, this has been a great game. I think it's my favorite DRPG in recent memory. Just very fun and strategic, with varied dungeon design that makes you explore a lot of classes, skills, and spells.

Getting close to the end :(

Damn, this has been a great game. I think it's my favorite DRPG in recent memory. Just very fun and strategic, with varied dungeon design that makes you explore a lot of classes, skills, and spells.

it's bloody fantastic. i kinda miss it. already got the plat.

hawk2025

Welp,
Kyo + Dragon
seems absolutely damn impossible.

I have no idea how to even begin approaching this (Everyone's level 24 - -do I have a crapload of grinding ahead of me?) But I'm not even getting close, we are talking one-hit deaths with bizarre frequency.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Welp,
Kyo + Dragon

I have no idea how to even begin approaching this (Everyone's level 24 - -do I have a crapload of grinding ahead of me?) But I'm not even getting close, we are talking one-hit deaths with bizarre frequency.

lol yeah that fight has popped up in this thread several times now. im pretty sure i did a post on it but am on mobile atm.

Dorarnae

Welp,
Kyo + Dragon

light veil divinity and raise your evasion and that buff that protect all your buff.

hawk2025

lol yeah that fight has popped up in this thread several times now. im pretty sure i did a post on it but am on mobile atm.

light veil divinity and raise your evasion and that buff that protect all your buff.

FINALLY did it -- Light Veil was pretty much essential I think. Phew, two characters died so I'm on the revival process now. It's fun to see these battles that seem 100% hopeless, but then figuring it out after adjusting tactics. I'm afraid of what will come up next in the game, this was rough.

So, two more lineage types showed up after these events. Should I try and hunt them first? I still don't know how to get the 5-star one to appear on the Palace (it says I need to hold an item that I don't see anywhere in my inventory), and I still can't manage to beat the one on the poison dungeon.

Those four are the only ones I haven't done yet, but should I push through with the story first, maybe? Just checking again, NG+ doesn't start unless I choose to do so, correct?

redcrayon

FINALLY did it -- Light Veil was pretty much essential I think. Phew, two characters died so I'm on the revival process now. It's fun to see these battles that seem 100% hopeless, but then figuring it out after adjusting tactics. I'm afraid of what will come up next in the game, this was rough.

So, two more lineage types showed up after these events. Should I try and hunt them first? I still don't know how to get the 5-star one to appear on the Palace (it says I need to hold an item that I don't see anywhere in my inventory), and I still can't manage to beat the one on the poison dungeon.

Those four are the only ones I haven't done yet, but should I push through with the story first, maybe? Just checking again, NG+ doesn't start unless I choose to do so, correct?
Just in case you want to know how to make the one in the palace appear,
you need a heartstone from one of the social Knights. Ambush and keep skipping until you see Knights carrying a box with a diamond ( items) on it.

autoduelist

I'm slowpoking through this game due to lack of time, combined with a ridiculous OCD i'm having with this game where I restart if a char dies even though they have 2 life points. I don't know why i"m doing this, but i can't seem to stop. Actually, I know why -- all my chars level at the same time and i don't want that to stop. derp.

questions --

do all early uniques stink? elven pants, master daggers, etc, etc.... i've gotten maybe 6 uniques and nothing is good. i feed mumic everything.

who is best to give wands to? i have a unique 'destruction rod' that if i understand correctly casts 'requiem' [no idea what this is]... do wands have unlimited uses? do they need to be equipped to be used? [i rarely use items in games]. i don't see how their damage matters since they're all short range and my mage/cleric are obviously back row.

is fighting mumics recommended? like, are they super high level or are they scaled? i know butterflies give exp but know nothing about mumics.

how do i make my dancer usable? she is back row, two throwables, and does like 1-10 damage where everyone else whoops hard [level 10 or 11 i think].

Is there any reason not to spend blood crystals? I have like 5. I haven't used any because i don't know which skill tree to go down and so am hesitant to commit [or do you get so many crystals you eventually have everything?] If i should just spend them now, is there a recommended tree or does it not really matter. is each tree separate? like, is it set up so that i only get 1 choice per column [pick top, middle, or bottom], or is it set up that if i want middle row column 5 i need to get middle row 1,2,34 first?

This game is punishing my game OCD harder than usual. not sure why.

Ephidel

do all early uniques stink? elven pants, master daggers, etc, etc.... i've gotten maybe 6 uniques and nothing is good. i feed mumic everything.
Pretty much, yes.

who is best to give wands to? i have a unique 'destruction rod' that if i understand correctly casts 'requiem' [no idea what this is]... do wands have unlimited uses? do they need to be equipped to be used? [i rarely use items in games]. i don't see how their damage matters since they're all short range and my mage/cleric are obviously back row.
As far as I can tell they have unlimited uses but there's a chance that when you use them they'll become cursed, in which case you can't use them again until you leave the dungeon.
They don't need to be equipped to be used. A character can use an item they have equipped (but if it gets cursed they lose the benefits of the item) or any item in the inventory.
I totally didn't have my Wizard using heal rings over and over again instead of healing items when my Cleric keeled over and died was being useless during a fight *cough*

is fighting mumics recommended? like, are they super high level or are they scaled? i know butterflies give exp but know nothing about mumics.
I assume you mean mimics, rather than mumics. As in, the ones that appear from chests, not the one you feed items to?

I don't know if they scale or not. The first time I found one it slaughtered me because it kept casting some spell that KO-ed some of my characters.
Since then whenever one pops up I've been casting that 'take my mp instead of killing me' spell with my Cleric and locking them down with Shadow Sew from my Ninjas and I haven't had any more issues.

Is there any reason not to spend blood crystals? I have like 5. I haven't used any because i don't know which skill tree to go down and so am hesitant to commit [or do you get so many crystals you eventually have everything?] If i should just spend them now, is there a recommended tree or does it not really matter. is each tree separate? like, is it set up so that i only get 1 choice per column [pick top, middle, or bottom], or is it set up that if i want middle row column 5 i need to get middle row 1,2,34 first?
You get one choice per column, although there are a few story mandated points where only certain donation options are available (which is visible on the chart, as there won't be a full column there for those)
You can choose whatever you want, but if you donate for the "same" skill again a better version becomes available for use with a higher morale cost. So if you only ever donate for Holy Light the first time, and when you have the choice in future you pick the other options then you'll only have the regular version. Alternatively, if you donate for Holy Light a second time then Holy Light 2 will become available as well, and if you donate for it a third time you'll get Holy Light 3.
Then at the 'end' of the tree there's a "decision" point. From what other people in the thread have said, once that point is reached you don't actually get a choice, you're automatically bumped to the route of whichever character you've given the most crystals to at that point. So if you really want to be on a particular route, you'll have to make sure they have a crystal lead before then.

When is the PC version coming out?

Well today supposedly, but since they didn't update the steam page, who knows. I'd assume time is probably US based though, so like around 9-10AM PST, although could be earlier or later. No official word that I can see about it so I'll wait.

autoduelist

thanks for the answers... some secondary questions/comments.

Pretty much, yes.

okay. I thought maybe i was missing something because those early uniques are awwwwful.

As far as I can tell they have unlimited uses but there's a chance that when you use them they'll become cursed, in which case you can't use them again until you leave the dungeon.
They don't need to be equipped to be used. A character can use an item they have equipped (but if it gets cursed they lose the benefits of the item) or any item in the inventory.
I totally didn't have my Wizard using heal rings over and over again instead of healing items when my Cleric keeled over and died was being useless during a fight *cough*

Oh. I've been having my wizard defend except in key fights and my dancer does nothing. If I can have my wizard use wands every turn and not use MP, that helps.

I guess I still don't see the point of wands if they don't need to be equipped to be used, and only do short range damage for necessarily back row characters.

My dancer still seems useless so far though.

I assume you mean mimics, rather than mumics. As in, the ones that appear from chests, not the one you feed items to?

No, I meant mumics. Maybe I'm wrong, for some reason i thought there was an option to fight like butterflies have.

You get one choice per column, although there are a few story mandated points where only certain donation options are available (which is visible on the chart, as there won't be a full column there for those)
You can choose whatever you want, but if you donate for the "same" skill again a better version becomes available for use with a higher morale cost. So if you only ever donate for Holy Light the first time, and when you have the choice in future you pick the other options then you'll only have the regular version. Alternatively, if you donate for Holy Light a second time then Holy Light 2 will become available as well, and if you donate for it a third time you'll get Holy Light 3.
Then at the 'end' of the tree there's a "decision" point. From what other people in the thread have said, once that point is reached you don't actually get a choice, you're automatically bumped to the route of whichever character you've given the most crystals to at that point. So if you really want to be on a particular route, you'll have to make sure they have a crystal lead before then.

Can you go back later and add a point to something like Holy Light, or can you only add while it's the current 'new' skill?

I guess I"ll need to research all the rows and decide what I care about. I'm doing well enough without putting any points in anything, so i guess it can't hurt to look into it.

Ephidel

Oh. I've been having my wizard defend except in key fights and my dancer does nothing. If I can have my wizard use wands every turn and not use MP, that helps.

I guess I still don't see the point of wands if they don't need to be equipped to be used, and only do short range damage for necessarily back row characters.
Yeah, I stopped equipping wands and just equipped long range weapons on my back row characters instead, so my front row cleric has a giant hammer, and my back row ones have those boomerangs (although they can at least use that shield each turn without using mana so they have something to do anyway). I think my Wizard has some shuriken that required int or pie or something odd.
I did wonder if maybe there was a lesser chance of the item getting cursed if it's equipped but I have no idea how to test for that, really.
Or maybe some of the later ones have bonus stats or something? I haven't looked into late game equipment but maybe that would make them useful.
My dancer still seems useless so far though.
Weapon Trick looks like a skill that would be useful on other classes via multi-classing, but I haven't actually tried out a dancer yet so I can't really say much on that front. Their niche looked like it was morale recovery and I'm not hurting there yet, though I guess if dungeons get longer that might change.
No, I meant mumics. Maybe I'm wrong, for some reason i thought there was an option to fight like butterflies have.
Oh in that case I have no idea how it scales. You're right, there is an option to fight it, but I've never taken it. It just seemed like that would be a really bad idea ^_^;
Can you go back later and add a point to something like Holy Light, or can you only add while it's the current 'new' skill?
You can only add it while it's the current new skill.
I'm doing well enough without putting any points in anything, so i guess it can't hurt to look into it.
The main thing that will force you to start donating is the plot, rather than the usefulness of the skills. The plot stops progressing if you don't donate :)

Saphirax

Oh in that case I have no idea how it scales. You're right, there is an option to fight it, but I've never taken it. It just seemed like that would be a really bad idea ^_^;

You can only add it while it's the current new skill.

The main thing that will force you to start donating is the plot, rather than the usefulness of the skills. The plot stops progressing if you don't donate :)

I killed Mumic but that was near the end of the game. Wasn't hard at all. Although, aside from seeing if you're able to kill it, it's kinda pointless. I don't think he dropped anything significant.

Parakeetman

I killed Mumic but that was near the end of the game. Wasn't hard at all. Although, aside from seeing if you're able to kill it, it's kinda pointless. I don't think he dropped anything significant.

Yeah its kinda disappointing the lack of reward for the risk of fighting it

Pixieking

Banned
PC version up. $39.99

With 25% discount until the 13th of June bringing the price down to $30. Also available on Indiegala (Steam key given), for the same price.

Is this going to be the thread for PC release talk, or is there a separate one in the works?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Out of curiosity is this a typical Japanese DRPG (so basically a Wizardry 1 - 3 clone) or is there more to the dungeons then just monster mazes?

Parakeetman

If you are into the genre, then its worth picking up. Also the permadeath thing is pretty easy to avoid as long as you dont go making characters with 1 LP you can always drag them back to base and have em heal up. While you take out spare PT members and hunt for loot in the mean time.

As long as you dont rush in the game you should be able to clear it no problem for the most part.

Durante

I'll be playing it for 4 hours or so now, I can give the PC crew my PC-biased impressions later on :p

First impression: it actually has mouse controls in the menus.

Lanrutcon

If you are into the genre, then its worth picking up. Also the permadeath thing is pretty easy to avoid as long as you dont go making characters with 1 LP you can always drag them back to base and have em heal up. While you take out spare PT members and hunt for loot in the mean time.

As long as you dont rush in the game you should be able to clear it no problem for the most part.

Bought'd.

Parakeetman

How do the party member synergies and overall feel of this title compare to etrian odyssey?

Totally different. In all honesty there is not much synergy since its a more traditional design that pulls from Wizardry more than EO which does its own thing.

With that being said, dont expect the same sort of experience as EO outside of how it is a first person dungeon crawler.

Though the class change system allows for some interesting builds if you are willing to put the time into it.

*Incoming wall of text, but info on class changing plus general info on starting stats / age + bonus points. This was a post had done a while back in the thread.
--------

My party is approaching Level 13, which is the recommended point to start changing classes. Planning on doing this...

Samurai -> Knight -> Fighter
Fighter -> Knight -> Fighter / Samurai (not sure)
Knight (No change)
Ranger -> Dancer -> Ranger
Priest (No change I guess, not sure)
Wizard -> Priest -> Wizard

The mid classes will go to level 13 before switching, then the third class will stay till the end. Don't think I can go any longer that three switches without boring myself to death from the grinding.

General idea is beefing up my front row folks for Knight defense passives, giving my ranger some motivation benefits, and some minor healing and MP regen for my Wizard.

Thoughts? High level Fighter seems to have better skills, so might end up with two fighters for the end. High level Samurai skills seems kinda meh, anyone use 'em? Also, any recommendation for Knight or Priest? I think they're fine for their purpose so far, don't see the reason for them learning other stuff.

Actually the Carnage back skill the one where you keep attacking and dodging till you or your target is dead can deal the most insane amount of damage for a melee character if you have the class kitted / specced out correctly. It generally is how the samurai is in most of the games with the carnage builds.

Knight you will want to go into the cleric tree though you need to get up pretty high for that holy spirit or whatever the skill is called. As it helps protect against bad status effects and works with the knights higher lv skills also. Also other things on top of that is adding stuff like the dancers multiple item use ability can be helpful at times when you want to keep your damage dealers focused, casters nuking / supporting and need to heal or recover mp / do something else besides trying to attack with the knight. Knight with Ninja can help too for that utsusemi skill. The one where you create doubles to help protect the party.

Cleric is basically mix it with the Wizard and from there you can do other stuff like combine the ninja skills of raising dodge and the knights skill of raising def to keep it from dying.

Honestly there are a fair amount of combinations the problem is they will take an EXCESSIVE amount of time to perfect due to levels being constantly cut in half. So you will have to plan them out pretty well ahead of time.

Btw you will want to change the knight a few times also for the HP bonus. As a character that has changed class at least once will still out class another non changed character HP wise, even if its by slightly.

Though this game for the first play through you do not need to really class change, but it does help out a lot if you do.

For the ranger combining samurai with it along with the ninja helps. Samurai for row attack as you can use that slash with the bow and from the ninja the crit hit skill forgot what it was called helps too.

With the Wizard also it would help to mix in the dodge and def up passives just in case. Since there will be times when certain enemies can do physical attacks that can reach the back row.

Fighter most def would benefit from that hunters secret as it helps you keep the concentrate status on allowing you to not waste turns prepping. Also with the melee classes you will want to toss the dancer in there for weapon trick which cancels out the range limitations on weapons. So you can keep hacking away from the backrow if an asshole swaps your formation. Or in the event when doing hiding you can hit the leader who at times will be hiding way in the back. The dancers multiple attack on a single target is useful too for those times when you do not like how the fighters is "random" targets. As the attacks get spread out more if there is multiple targets.

Samurai -> Dancer -> Ninja -> Fighter (if you want but you dont really need it)

Fighter -> Ranger -> Dancer -> Samurai or Ninja

Knight -> Cleric -> Ninja or Dancer, then the other

Ranger -> Ninja -> Dancer -> Samurai or Fighter

Cleric -> Wizard -> Knight -> Ninja -> Dancer

Wizard -> Cleric -> Ninja -> Dancer -> Knight

These are the excessive examples, but if you look through the skills of the class am sure you will figure out why.
Dont burn yourself out though as it will take a good amount of time if you want to try these lol.

General breakdowns of levels to get the useful skills for classes.
*In general the bare minimum will be 13 for the skill token (skill slot)

Fighter - 28 (if you want genocide)
Knight - 21 (for the defensive passive)
Samurai - 19 (for carnage back or whatever its called)
Wizard - 27 (for master cast x 3) - 14 (for high cast x 2)
Cleric - 26 (for holy spirit, this you most def want the knight to have or other classes you dont want to die) - 25 (if you just want both mana regen passives)
Ranger - 28 (for hunters secret, a basic must if you want to make the fighter / dancer be more efficient at dealing damage with its skills) - 13 (for the skill token + pin down - dodge / hit debuff attack can be used with other weapons)
Ninja - 15 (for utsusemi or whatever they call the localized name, the hiding stuff you can skip as it wastes turns, unless you are trying to go for a pure crit character)
Dancer - 23 (for star step for melee characters as its 5 attacks on a single target) - 18 (for trick use II, use a single item 3 times. Uses 3 of selected items.)

Since there is no real English wiki, lots of the more specific data comes from here the main JP wiki. For those that cant read Japanese go use google translate or whatever else you normally have available.
http://www.spoiler.jp/srv/tsurugi/index.php?クラス

Other stuff is from lots of experimentation and whatnots. Since at first had no idea what I was doing with the class change system, so basically all of us JP players were making all sorts of abominations till we figured things out to be more efficient.

Tossing in the base stats + max value data + what stats do info again as it ties into the whole planning for class changing.

Ol4xpU3.png

1st Playthrough Max Stats = Starting racial stats value + 20
2nd Playthrough Max Stats = Starting racial stats value + 30
*Value doesnt change after that for the 3rd, 4th and 5th playthrough if you even bother to do them.

In regards to age general breakdown
10~19 Years:Max LP 3、Lowest Bonus Pts 3
20~39 Years:Max LP 2、Lowest Bonus Pts 5
40~59 Years:Max LP 2、Lowest Bonus Pts 7
60~99 Years:Max LP 1、Lowest Bonus Pts 10

STR - Attack damage (this is for all weapon types including bows)
INT - Mage spell damage / effectiveness + max MP
PIE - Cleric spell effectiveness + max MP
VIT - Defense and HP gain
AGI - Effects turn in combat, accuracy and dodge / Helps with Open Lock (trap disarm) rating also.
LUC - Effects various things, one important one is helps with protecting against bad status / chance of getting 1 hit killed. Also effects damage from non-elemental items such as explosive powder? and helps with Open Lock (trap disarm) rating.

certain stats is more dependant on what you are going for in a class

Fighter - Str, Vit, Agi
Knight - Vit, Luc, Agi if you want dont need Str as much since you wont be attacking too often with it later on.
Samurai - Str, Agi, Vit, Luc
Wizard - Int, Agi, Luc, Pie if you plan to give it cleric skills
Cleric Pie, Agi, Vit, Int if you plan to give it wizard skills
Are some examples.
-------

Once again in closing none of the above in the block of information is necessary to beat the game in the first play through.

For those who actually give a shit about class changing, pay attention to what I wrote above and read it. Otherwise you will be screwing up your own characters by switching willy-nilly wasting the 5 times you can class change. As once you use those those thats it for the playthrough. Screwed up my characters a bunch of times early with the JP 360 ver on so the rest of you dont have to lol

Durante

Well, I'm still not past the appearance selection screen, just because I'm so bemused by the fact that there appear to be at least 3 utterly distinct art styles going on here.

One of them is really awesome though, so it's all good.

Parakeetman

Well, I'm still not past the appearance selection screen, just because I'm so bemused by the fact that there appear to be at least 3 utterly distinct art styles going on here.

One of them is really awesome though, so it's all good.

The 2nd one is the original art style. The first anime looking stuff was the newly added for the rebranding as Stranger of Sword City. The last stuff is character portraits from the game that connects to this one timeline wise. Students of Round.

Also to new folks you can game over at the start. So be sure not to get both characters killed. Which shouldnt happen. Your created character may die, but Riu on the other hand shouldnt unless something went terribly wrong.

Welcome to hell
TKQq6ebzpZZx6.gif

Durante

The 2nd one is the original art style. The first anime looking stuff was the newly added for the rebranding as Stranger of Sword City. The last stuff is character portraits from the game that connects to this one timeline wise. Students of Round.
Thanks for the information!
I like the second one a lot more than the other two. Anyway, I finally decided on a portrait, only to be informed later on that the main character is always human so now I have to choose again (can't have a character sheet <-> portrait race mismatch!).

Edit:
Oh my god it has stat rolling?
Remember those 4 hours I talked about? I won't get out of character creation.

Parakeetman

Thanks for the information!
I like the second one a lot more than the other two. Anyway, I finally decided on a portrait, only to be informed later on that the main character is always human so now I have to choose again (can't have a character sheet <-> portrait race mismatch!).

Edit:
Oh my god it has stat rolling?
Remember those 4 hours I talked about? I won't get out of character creation.

Btw you can make the MC as old as you want since the life point mechanic doesnt really matter for them. So unless you are a hardcore roleplayer might as well go for 99 yrs old to get the max potential bonus lol.

Also this game the world itself seems that it did a "Shadowrun / Awakening" sorta deal where characters who appear in the world some were changed into different races. Which would explain why your MC might look different granted they are still classified as a "human".

Requoted the following below to help you get an idea of whats what with the stats, age and whatnots.

Ol4xpU3.png

1st Playthrough Max Stats = Starting racial stats value + 20
2nd Playthrough Max Stats = Starting racial stats value + 30
*Value doesnt change after that for the 3rd, 4th and 5th playthrough if you even bother to do them.

In regards to age general breakdown
10&#65374;19 Years&#65306;Max LP 3&#12289;Lowest Bonus Pts 3
20&#65374;39 Years&#65306;Max LP 2&#12289;Lowest Bonus Pts 5
40&#65374;59 Years&#65306;Max LP 2&#12289;Lowest Bonus Pts 7
60&#65374;99 Years&#65306;Max LP 1&#12289;Lowest Bonus Pts 10

STR - Attack damage (this is for all weapon types including bows)
INT - Mage spell damage / effectiveness + max MP
PIE - Cleric spell effectiveness + max MP
VIT - Defense and HP gain
AGI - Effects turn in combat, accuracy and dodge / Helps with Open Lock (trap disarm) rating also.
LUC - Effects various things, one important one is helps with protecting against bad status / chance of getting 1 hit killed. Also effects damage from non-elemental items such as explosive powder? and helps with Open Lock (trap disarm) rating.

Anyways good luck Durante, I need to get to sleep. Finally finished the stuff was working on so can turn i for the night lol

And if you see these assholes run.
stranger_of_sword_city_2.jpg

(Axe in the head skeleton in particular)

Top Bottom