• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition adds E. Honda, Lucia, and Poison on August 4

blackjon24

Really didn't think i knew who lucia was but when it clicked I was like no way! its been so long since I played final fight 3! I've put in enough time and money into sf5 to know that I just don't like it all that much no matter what they add.

Does this game still make capcom that much money? I always saw it as not much of a success but capcoms support of it has been commendable.

Last edited:

SALMORE

Lucia ?! What ... that wasn't excepted at all !!

they give her two moves that are similar to K'Dash & John Crawley from Art of Fighting !

Plus her 2nd trigger is a nod to an SNK Final Fight clone 😉

not a fan of her default outfit but am glad they put a post original Final Fight character

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Honda and Poison look pretty cool, I'm kinda meh on Lucia, looks like she has cool moves but I don't know, not doing it for me.

Honda
What no SF6 annoucement?
Street Fighter has NEVER just announced numbered titles in the mainline franchise without them being a hugely different game. There is a reason you still see real tournaments with SF2, SF3 and SF4. The same will happen with SFV. SFVI won't just be like MK11 where it replaces MKX. It will sit aside SFV, like Breath of the Wild sits aside other Zelda titles, not replaces them. Street Fighter VI isn't quite ready to drop.

Labolas

Man Poison's face looks kinda f-ed up.
31_sf5leaksgalleryevo31.jpg

vs. how she looked in sf4
maxresdefault.jpg

ghairat

Lol, I really hope that this isn't the "big" announcement during EVO. I think it is for the better that this was leaked since everyone would be like "meh" if the announcement was done during EVO.

They certainly are picking a side when it comes to Poison's facial structure (geezus).

Yeah. A somewhat masculine face, tall stature and the word "cock" in one of his v-triggers? I dont like Poison at all, but these touches do make me laugh.
I dont dislike Honda, but I have zero interest in trying him out.
Lucia is hot though. I'll buy her ASAP and then wait for the swimsuit mods to roll in. I hope she is fun to play and requires some degree of technical skill - unlike Falke and Ed.

xGreir

Oh my friggin God, mah POISON IS HERE, AND WITH MORE D THAN EVER, LEEEEETS GOOOO

D stands for Dick, of course

Hoping this is a genius ploy in the making. Pretend someone leaked the full announcement and smash everyone's hopes and dreams due to its painful mediocrity then after finals, BAM! Three more characters that people actually want and a full system rework and balance patch, new v-triggers etc.

Unfortunately, I doubt it. Prove me wrong, Capcom. Prove me wrong.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Part of me thinks this was intentional, too.

If not, then my second guess Sony announcement will be MVC4 as an exclusive.

Life

Hoping this is a genius ploy in the making. Pretend someone leaked the full announcement and smash everyone's hopes and dreams due to its painful mediocrity then after finals, BAM! Three more characters that people actually want and a full system rework and balance patch, new v-triggers etc.

Unfortunately, I doubt it. Prove me wrong, Capcom. Prove me wrong.

It's likely. EVO is all about numbers and it seems downright amateur to have lost the opportunity to reveal them then. So amateur that it could be intentional - only to play with people's emotions and expectations.

Nymphae

Banned
Street Fighter 4 came out in 2009, and it's successor did not arrive until 2016. Before that, there was a 10 year gap between entries.

The game is doing well for them now and likely pulling in a lot of money from the DLC and costumes that the other games did not have. Anyone expecting them to launch SF6 in an emergency rush because some people like to complain about the game is foolish.

New consoles aren't out until late next year, meaning at the very least one more CPT featuring 5 as the main game, potentially 2 if 6 is revealed sometime late next year.

I was hoping for some second V-Skills and Supers, but the characters are cool too. I would like some rebalancing as well, honestly I just want Vega to get a small boost in utility. He never gets to use his super, his Vskill blows, and his Vtriggers are basically total crap as well. I don't need huge buffs, but it makes you mad how uneven the Vtrigger/Vskill distribution is given how important it is in this game. Some people get huge buffs from their VT, Vega V1 gets a tiny little attack that does fuck all and can be stuffed pretty easily, or a combo extender that does fuck all, with absolutely no buffs.

Last edited:

yurinka

Nice to see we'll get 3 characters. They look great and I'm very hyped to play them. I feel pretty sad it got leaked for Ono and the team, because it would have been great to see the live reaction of the crowd yelling, cheering, clapping and so on.

In addition to the 3 characters and the classic E.Honda stage seems we'll also get some new costume bundles:

-Summer 2019 costumes bundle (Poison, Lucia, Laura)
-Mega Man costumes bundle
-M. Bison costumes bundle
-Zangief costumes bundle
-Birdie costumes bundle
-Vega costumes bundle
-Rashid costumes bundle
-Dhalsim costumes bunde
-F.A.N.G. costumes bundle

Street Fighter 4 came out in 2009, and it's successor did not arrive until 2016. Before that, there was a 10 year gap between entries.

The game is doing well for them now and likely pulling in a lot of money from the DLC and costumes that the other games did not have. Anyone expecting them to launch SF6 in an emergency rush because some people like to complain about the game is foolish.

New consoles aren't out until late next year, meaning at the very least one more CPT featuring 5 as the main game, potentially 2 if 6 is revealed sometime late next year.

I was hoping for some second V-Skills and Supers, but the characters are cool too.
I really was hoping this would be the time for the next game to be announced. The game remains the same because the mechanics are what they are, still not entertaining enough for me to watch.
A completely overhauled sf6 can‘t come soon enough.
What no SF6 annoucement?
Yes, it's too early to release SFVI.

They won't do it now just a year before a new console gen is released, and the year where they just released the arcade version of SFV and announced a lot of SFV eSports events and deals with people like ESPN in addition to a 20+ years long eSport plan. They will support SFV for a while. They did support SFIV during 7/8 years, and while ago Ono, not sure when but I'd say around launch they said that if possible he'd personally like to support SFV for that long (so until 2022/2023 aprox). They also said while ago that already had planned to support the game "until 2020 or so", something that may change depending on things like DLC+eSports+merchandising revuene.

Regarding big gameplay changes like adding 2nd V-Skill or Supers, or a big gameplay rebalance, I think they won't do it now just after EVO, in the middle of CPT. Pro players would be upset. It makes more sense to do it after Capcom Cup, outside the CPT season.

It's likely. EVO is all about numbers and it seems downright amateur to have lost the opportunity to reveal them then. So amateur that it could be intentional - only to play with people's emotions and expectations.
No, it's very unlikely. 3 characters and a stage already means a lot of development work, and a lot of stuff to learn for CPT players in the middle of the CPT season. I don't think they will release anything else at EVO. Ono even said that he cancelled his EVO attendance due to the leak.

But if in addition to the 3 characters, the stage and costume bundles they add something else it would be something that wouldn't affect the multiplayer gameplay, so maybe a single player mode.

I don't think we'll see extra SFV announcements at EVO, but if they announce something else it's very likely that it's going to be stuff to be released somewhere in the future. As an example, they can confirm that in addition to these 3 characters they'll release 2 additional Season 4 characters later this year, or they can confirm that there will be Season 5 and that it will come with big gameplay changes.

For those who are still playing SFV how is the FM economy regarding the weekly challenges? Is still worth to bother?
Ignore the haters.

With weekly challenges and the Shadaloo soldiers, in addition to some character level up you get from time to time (level up your chars with lowest level, they level up faster) it gives you enough FM to get the Extra Battle costumes, maybe needing sometimes some extra ranked win. For me it means they are worth it.

There are now 3 new characters coming, which means that you'll get plenty of additional FM with their demonstrations, survivals, character stories, leveling up and (if easy) trials.

Just what SFV needed, more characters.
ycrW4Pvm.png
It's what most players were asking for. Who knows, maybe they were toxic trolls who only wanted to throw shit to the game and complain about everything Capcom does (or doesn't do).

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
-Vega costumes bundle

FFS it's literally just a bundle of the existing garbage costumes for Vega....I would kill to have the opportunity to pay money for the Classic Vega costume given away in the slot machine shit.

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
This made my weekend when I found out last night. I have to work all weekend in workshops so I was pretty bummed about that. I'm day 1ing the bundle for sure. All 3 look amazing but Lucia is probably the best of the bunch. Shame the leakers ruined the surprise but at the same time I'm happ because I wouldn't have been able to watch the announcement this time anyways.

Nymphae

Banned
I wonder if they changed Honda's HHS to be a QCF move now like they did with Chun-Li's Lightning Legs. I always avoided characters that mad mash moves, I can't stand how it feels to do those.

yurinka

I wonder if they changed Honda's HHS to be a QCF move now like they did with Chun-Li's Lightning Legs. I always avoided characters that mad mash moves, I can't stand how it feels to do those.
They also released the movelist for the characters, you can check it here:

HHS is performed spamming punch buttons as always. Regarding Chun's legs, in addition to wih QCF+K it can also performed by spamming kick buttons.

Even vanilla characters like Honda as dlc? At least he could be free
To make characters costs money, so it's ok to charge for them specially when they released a ton of post launch content during 4 seasons and don't charge for gameplay updates, game modes and even allow you to unlock some characters, stages, costumes and colors for free.

In fact, if you buy SFVAE now just with playing during a few hours the single player modes you earn enough FM to get E.Honda for free.

You also have the option of buying Capcom, removing the FM system and to release all the DLC for free. Why don't you do it?

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
That Honda trailer would have been incredibly hype at Evo, the crowd would have went nuts during the whole SF2 character select screen bit. Shame it had to leak and Ono canceled his Evo trip.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So they released their game a second time including all the DLC, which is pretty normal....but then they did another season pass of DLC?

source.gif

Nymphae

Banned
So they released their game a second time including all the DLC, which is pretty normal....but then they did another season pass of DLC?

source.gif

It didn't include all of the DLC, just the characters up to season 3. All DLC like costumes and stages still needed to be purchased. It was always known there would be support up until at least 2020, it's not like they were presenting AE as a final edition.

I would not be surprised if after next year's Evo they decided to do a "Super SFV", which would include the final full roster, and whatever stage/costume DLC they want to throw in.

Last edited:
Ono should still go to Evo and tell us about the NEXT dlc character, they're gonna give us... even if its 6 months away... assuming there is another character coming.

GAMETA

Banned
SF6 made by ArcSysWorks with DBFZ graphics. I would commit crimes to play it
Graphic-wise, yes. Would be awesome to have SF back in anime style similar to 3 and Alpha series.

Gameplay-wise, dear god, no. ASW games are too simplistic.

Nymphae

Banned
[laughs in false roman cancel]

ASW are too complex, if anything.

Yeah that's a weird criticism of their games. They do utilize autocombos in a few of their games, but you don't generally hear people saying their games are too simplistic. In fact I thought I read them say something about how GG was getting a bit too bloated and the next iteration would simplify things somehow.

Nymphae

Banned
I can't get over how meh Lucia is. Like do they not have enough blondes on the roster? Ok it's not like there are half a dozen blonde white chicks, but still, in this image I had to look twice to make sure she wasn't Cammy or Kolin in different outfits. I feel like this character really should have been one of the more popular characters people have been asking for - Rose, Viper, Makoto, etc.

01_dlcpics01.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom