• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

stn

CWA? Isn't that the fake wrestling organization in Saturday Night Slammasters? The addition of Scoprion would be hype!!

X-Kira supposedly also found a CWA wrestling stage.

7RIuxMq.png
The CWA? As is the the Saturday Night Slam Masters fed???

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JayEH

wow i just learned that moonsault was plus on block. I had always assumed it was like -1 or -2 because I always get counter hits on people online after they do it lmao.

vulva

Good games! Cammy is probably my worst matchup since I need to play the player and not the character more so in that match. That said I was getting away with murder using the pushback tech. If I get CH out of my St mp I'll get knocked out of a lot of combos, which made you drop stuff and I could mash out legs or a sweep between the strings. Be sure to watch out for that!

Skilletor

Good games! Cammy is probably my worst matchup since I need to play the player and not the character more so in that match. That said I was getting away with murder using the pushback tech. If I get CH out of my St mp I'll get knocked out of a lot of combos, which made you drop stuff and I could mash out legs or a sweep between the strings. Be sure to watch out for that!

Oooh, I thought it was just my spacing. Word.

Sheroking

I haven't been paying attention. Has a Ken player recently done super well in a tournament or something? Is that the reason I'm playing non-stop Ken players mashing on lk hurricane?

I haven't been paying attention. Has a Ken player recently done super well in a tournament or something? Is that the reason I'm playing non-stop Ken players mashing on lk hurricane?

Ken was always a super popular character, and there haven been some very solid Ken players. The most notable of which is Momochi who has won tournaments and is currently #1 on the online leaderboards.

But that lk hurricane is probably because it is has 3-frame startup and leaves them in an advantageous position if it hits. Still a bit risky though if it gets blocked.

vulva

Ken was always a super popular character, and there haven been some very solid Ken players. The most notable of which is Momochi who has won tournaments and is currently #1 on the online leaderboards.

But that lk hurricane is probably because it is has 3-frame startup and leaves them in an advantageous position if it hits. Still a bit risky though if it gets blocked.

unless they have v trigger

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they are also working to polish technical aspects, UI etc. Stages and characters are great, but that stuff has not seen many updates.

I hope they are also working to polish technical aspects, UI etc. Stages and characters are great, but that stuff has not seen many updates.

Just making the character icons in a match not be blue/red would be a great start.

It really is a shame just how badly Capcom has been handling this game because there are so many avenues for milking money from the customers without affecting the actual gameplay AT ALL if they would focus more on their UI/UX.

Loading Screens, Character icons in-game, music, different coloured particle effects for premium costumes (Violent Ken?), main menu customization (colours, choose between different artworks).

There are so many ways to make money that is relatively low cost. Hell, just add all these artworks they've been adding on the website as a temporary loading screen purchasable for a small amount of FM between the match's loading screen starting and that alone would make the wait bearable since you're not staring at a blank screen. It might not cost much but the more stuff you add that costs FM money, the less people will have and the more they'll be inclined to spend real money on the stuff that counts.

Fuck it, I am not using FAT again. So much inaccurate stuff.

And wow, that is insane.
EDIT: Fucking Ken, man.

vulva

Just making the character icons in a match not be blue/red would be a great start.

It really is a shame just how badly Capcom has been handling this game because there are so many avenues for milking money from the customers without affecting the actual gameplay AT ALL if they would focus more on their UI/UX.

Loading Screens, Character icons in-game, music, different coloured particle effects for premium costumes (Violent Ken?), main menu customization (colours, choose between different artworks).

There are so many ways to make money that is relatively low cost. Hell, just add all these artworks they've been adding on the website as a temporary loading screen purchasable for a small amount of FM between the match's loading screen starting and that alone would make the wait bearable since you're not staring at a blank screen. It might not cost much but the more stuff you add that costs FM money, the less people will have and the more they'll be inclined to spend real money on the stuff that counts.

Fuck it, I am not using FAT again. So much inaccurate stuff.

And wow, that is insane.
FAT is mostly fine, it doesn't take in to account things like this though. I don't think there's an option for v trigger cancel in FAT. -8 is correct for raw frame data but things like this are a bit trickier

FAT is mostly fine, it doesn't take in to account things like this though. I don't think there's an option for v trigger cancel in FAT. -8 is correct for raw frame data but things like this are a bit trickier
Fair enough I suppose. It just seems like V-Trigger cancels are an important part of the frame data in this game and should be accounted for.

Still though, I can't believe that thing is +9 on block for a v-trigger cancel.

EDIT: It's still unsafe if done without the v-trigger cancel though, and I've seen Kens do that quite a lot.

FACE

Banned
Fair enough I suppose. It just seems like V-Trigger cancels are an important part of the frame data in this game and should be accounted for.

Still though, I can't believe that thing is +9 on block for a v-trigger cancel.

EDIT: It's still unsafe if done without the v-trigger cancel though, and I've seen Kens do that quite a lot.

It is unsafe, buuut it blows up meaty throw attempts/poorly timed meaties and leads to very good dmg for Ken.

People definitely build up a level of flowchart as time goes on. I have one set myself that I go through on people who I think aren't familiar with the matchup

I guess so, but hopefully for most people it's more in-depth and stable than rotating the point in your block string that you use a frametrap DP.

mbpm1

3 frames is fast and people have trouble meatying intrinsically.

Also works well as a poke in neutral into loldamage bc Ken in this game works with this gameplan

3 frames is fast and people have trouble meatying intrinsically.

Also works well as a poke in neutral into loldamage bc Ken in this game works with this gameplan
I've seen a few do them as a wakeup option, but I've also seen them do this when they've got me in a corner, presumably as an anti-throw/anti-jump option but it often backfires.

Just one of those #lolKen things.

Ken Tatsu tech is so old lol...We all about them hit confirms off target combos now baby.

Btw if Ken has you in a block string and V-triggers anything off block, he is safe, that's the whole point of his V-trigger. It extends combos or offensive pressure. Don't press buttons after a cancel unless you know he's going for a throw and have a hard read or something. Generally, just holding crouch block will keep you safe.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ken Tatsu tech is so old lol...We all about them hit confirms off target combos now baby.

Btw if Ken has you in a block string and V-triggers anything off block, he is safe, that's the whole point of his V-trigger. It extends combos or offensive pressure. Don't press buttons after a cancel unless you know he's going for a throw and have a hard read or something. Generally, just holding crouch block will keep you safe.
That's not universally true
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...nvj0QeDFSbYbKSNXBo7vxZq4Q/edit#gid=1676629554

Top Bottom