• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

alstein

I don't pay much attention to the competitive side of things, but it is nice to see players using him and making strides.

I just think he's a cool character. I actually think if his default look got a bit of a makeover he'd be more popular too. (And still have his original outfit as an alt.)

I think the Blanka matchup alone ruins him competitively. It's that bad.

If Blanka wasn't in the game he'd be pretty good in Ultra.

Swarna

There are three different groups that are split on his ethnicity.

1. Black British
2. British Indian
3. Who Care? He's friggin gentleman!

I'm in team #2 personally.

47959-450x-a_6.jpg

Filth

Why do people want blanka in the game. Isn't Nash blanka? He's got the green arm and face in this game.

Tizoc

Why do people want blanka in the game. Isn't Nash blanka? He's got the green arm and face in this game.

Uh that was never canon.
That was something Capcom USA just followed. Capcom of Japan has always had Blanka and Nash be 2 separate unrelated characters.

At best they'd jokingly hint about the connection from the movie in a few games, etc.

Finally, the character has always been Nash in Japan even when the JCVD movie was released. It was only recently that they agreed to merge the names together as Charlie Nash.

KAL2006

Banned
Anyone else prefer ultra or super versions over steady DLC characters and balance patches? Looking at MK steady patches actually ruins fighting games. I would rather have a large 15-20 dollars DLC every year with 5 new characters and balance like they are doing now with SFIV. Ofcourse keep it to one disk. Just update Via DLC.

I'd like a new balance update and 4 new characters released every 6 months. It would keep things fresh but not at a pace where it's hard to keep up.

I liked how Abel played compared to rest of them. Juri was ok, but there was a lack of finesse that I was hoping with a character.

Honestly, what are the chances we see Abel again? Absolutely loved maining him IV and I think he would be awesome in SFV engine. But seeing that poll of character popularity definitely sunk my heart a bit. I'm betting on Nash's heavy involvement in the story of this game (since he was the basis of Abel and Guile's entire motivations in IV) would bolster Abel's chances a bit.

- Abel : may be possible, but no very popular, and if they want the brawler/grappler archetype odds are they will go for Alex instead (popular and SF3 main protagonist).

Abel had an interesting play style but his character was boring.

I dabbled a bit with Abel just to see what his moveset was like and it clicked with me pretty well, but like a lot of people his character design does absolutely nothing for me whatsoever. It just makes me seethe that they took this interesting playstyle and decided to attach it to mr forgettable over the original design: a design that doesn't have too much representation in the cast compared to the hulking gi boyz. I honestly feel it would've been much more popular than what we got.

Abel_girl.jpg

Gah... sorry... I can't help but rant about it when people bring it up. It just aggrivates me so much more than it should XD

Crocodile

You can tell Dudley is the only black character that isn't racistly portrayed because people keep insisting that he actually isn't black.

This is funny/sad because its true LOL

Anyway, just to double check, the next character reveal (with most signs pointing to a brand new female character) is at SDCC this Thursday correct?

Greenzxy

Please don't let Birdy be the only black male in the game.

Yea, one of the things I liked about third strike was how diverse the cast looked.

poster-sf33s1_big.jpg

I was hoping V would take a similar route, bringing in a bunch of new faces, but with characters like Cammy, Sakura, Karin, Juri, etc seemingly coming in, the future is looking kind of bleak.

Sesha

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";171016622]wat

Sometimes I like cake when it's half strawberry, half fluffy.[/QUOTE]

Who likes strawberry or fluffy cake, tho?

It's all about that chocolate.

The only character I require is Akuma.

As far as returning characters that aren't in SFIV, I'd like to see Alex make a comeback. Oro might be a good addition too.

I really like SF3. So sue me.

Nash looks cool; hopefully the newcomers can match him design-wise.

Yea, one of the things I liked about third strike was how diverse the cast looked.

poster-sf33s1_big.jpg
Wow, I don't think in-game urien was ever that dark. It's kind of shame that the darkest skin-tones don't see any representation at all.
Also surprised to see that Q's neck doesn't have the same pale tones as the ones used in the in-game artwork. This pic seems to have a much better set of diversity than the actual game went for XD

That Fem Abel would have only had 950hp and stun...
so true @.@

I dabbled a bit with Abel just to see what his moveset was like and it clicked with me pretty well, but like a lot of people his character design does absolutely nothing for me whatsoever. It just makes me seethe that they took this interesting playstyle and decided to attach it to mr forgettable over the original design: a design that doesn't have too much representation in the cast compared to the hulking gi boyz. I honestly feel it would've been much more popular than what we got.

Abel_girl.jpg

Gah... sorry... I can't help but rant about it when people bring it up. It just aggrivates me so much more than it should XD

I would have been totally cool if Abel ended up with that design as long as the moveset stayed the same and they got rid of the stupid shoes she has on in that pic. Abel's playstyle was extremely engaging and if they had stuck with the original character design I agree she would have been more popular and therefore would have a better chance of reappearing in SFV. Unfortunately she probably would have fallen victim to that weird sexist thing that Capcom has with the female characters in SFIV where none of them had anything higher than 950 health.

KTO

Unfortunately she probably would have fallen victim to that weird sexist thing that Capcom has with the female characters in SFIV where none of them had anything higher than 950 health.

It's not sexist. Hell, its more related to bodymass than it is gender. If Capcom put women with comparable weight to the male cast they would have similar health.

Bardiche

Looking at that fake list, which contained Lucia, makes me realize how awesome it would be if we had a cast filled with Final Fight characters.

Haggar
Cody
Guy
Lucia
Carlos
Maki
Rolento
Sodom
Dean

Make it happen, Capcom!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Capcom should be little more creative with Sakura's costume since she should be out of school during Street Fighter 5 timeline. Again, Capcom probably would find something to make an excuse for it if Sakurai still wear her current costume.

Luckily, Sakura already has a costume that she uses in her 20s when she graduates and becomes a teacher

sakuragrend.jpg

They even showed it at the very end of USF4

latest

If she shows up in this game, she's most likely going to be wearing this outfit and and having longer hair

Mizerman

Luckily, Sakura already has a costume that she uses in her 20s when she graduates and becomes a teacher.

They even showed it at the very end of USF4

latest

If she shows up in this game, she's most likely going to be wearing this outfit and and having longer hair

I hope that happens. I wanna see that new outfit in action.

Bardiche

No Hugo and Poison?

We've seen Hugo and Poison in USFIV, although the same could be said about Cody, Guy, and Rolento.
On second thought, remove Cody and Guy, and replace them with El Gado and Roxy. Rolento will be the only exception since he's amazing and I'm biased.

You know we should really tweet or bring to Capcom's attention that they need to drop the vagina tax (pardon the expression).

agreed, though I think they actually did the unthinkable and gave both She-hulk and tron bonne above average health in MvC3 :p

It's not sexist. Hell, its more related to bodymass than it is gender. If Capcom put women with comparable weight to the male cast they would have similar health.
As Sixteen-bit points out:
Androgynous boys can have 1000 stamina. Hell, Remy has 1120.
SF3's resident pretty-boy isn't exactly a hulking mountain of muscle, heck Seth could crush him with one of his biceps and he's sub 1000 XD

Fem Abel would have been smaller and faster.
Faster? Not in those shoes they wouldn't XD

We've seen Hugo and Poison in USFIV, although the same could be said about Cody and Guy.
On second thought, remove Cody and Guy, and replace them with El Gado and Roxy.
Naw, keep Guy and Cody. They will probably be DLC like in SFxT. I wonder what window they will release dlc in, 6 months after release?

And does anyone know if HP will be treated like SF4, or will it be even across the board?

Greenzxy

I would have been totally cool if Abel ended up with that design as long as the moveset stayed the same and they got rid of the stupid shoes she has on in that pic. Abel's playstyle was extremely engaging and if they had stuck with the original character design I agree she would have been more popular and therefore would have a better chance of reappearing in SFV. Unfortunately she probably would have fallen victim to that weird sexist thing that Capcom has with the female characters in SFIV where none of them had anything higher than 950 health.

That's actually a guy, not a girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom