• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SFV Roster should be

Ryu
Ken
Akuma
Gouken
Sakura
Sean
Oni
Violent Ken
Evil Ryu

None of these are clones as they all have different mechanics, properties to their specials as well as different normals.

Few things:

1. Your list actually has clones. Violent Ken and Evil Ryu are basically identical to their normal counterparts except for a new special move or something.

2. I never once advocated for a roster full of shoto characters; that would be lazy as hell and no one wants that. Don't misunderstand my earlier post for something else.

3. Don't be so dramatic. I would be 100% content if Ryu and Sakura are the only shoto characters playable in SFV.

Ooof if that's the case I can always hold off on pre-ordering it >_>;
My net is quite weak and would much rather play offline during get togethers.
Well, the point of a beta is for network/balance tests, innit?

All I wish for is a training mode besides that

Fraeon

Cammy has left/right mix ups now with auto correct Hooligans and Spin Knuckles

You know, that's far better than her current iteration that has ambiguous crossups with dive kicks or her AE iteration with unblockables on wakeup. The autocorrecting moves out of hooligan are still reactable.

Tizoc

Well, the point of a beta is for network/balance tests, innit?

All I wish for is a training mode besides that

I would've liked to still be able to play the beta offline even if it is just the 6 current characters, aside from online, gameplay and console performance feedback can given to Capcom to iron out any kinks.

alstein

Nope. They have said they wanted to get away from clone characters, so he's either not in or he's going to play very differently.

I'd be happy with a changed Ken.

I'd so something crazy like take his fireball away entirely, V-Skill would be his funky kicks which could be held to become an overhead (would link to sweep like ST). He would gain his ST Air Throw and A2 Roll, and his knee bash as a command grab (non-instant, lowish damage but high stun, EX would do more damage)
Range on knee bash would be similar to kara-throw, he would not be able to kara his normal throw at all.

Tizoc

I'd be happy with a changed Ken.

I'd so something crazy like take his fireball away entirely, V-Skill would be his funky kicks which could be held to become an overhead (would link to sweep like ST). He would gain his ST Air Throw and A2 Roll, and his knee bash as a command grab (non-instant, lowish damage but high stun, EX would do more damage)
Range on knee bash would be similar to kara-throw, he would not be able to kara his normal throw at all.

It's funny how Robert from SNK has like near a dozen variations to his movelist, Capcom should yolo and copy some stuff what SNK did.

ZenTzen

Kinda wish this is the actual SF5 roster

Another potential leaker (posted on vg4chan):
Leaking the ACTUAL SF5 roster here in the order they will be revealed. Have fun guys, you'll never find out who I am. Also looking forward to no one believing this, you can leak whatever you want cause no one will think its real

Ryu
Chun Li
Nash
Bison
Cammy
Birdy

Eagle: Teased at during Comic Con and full reveal at Evo. Will be in the beta. Not playable at Evo.
Ken: Reveal at Evo. Will be in the beta. Not playable at Evo.
Akuma: Teased at Evo and full reveal at GDC
Si-won (NEW): Korean Hapkido grappler, reveal at GDC
Karin: reveal at TGS
Dhalsim: reveal at TGS
Sabrina (NEW): German femme fatale, reveal at TGS
Urien: reveal at TGS
Lucia (NEW): Dive kick character from Final Fight. reveal in October around GDC China and Brazil Game Show time
Juri: reveal at Capcom Pro Tour Asia finals
Sakura: reveal near Dreamhack Winter dates
Alex: reveal at Capcom Cup
Guile: reveal before launch
Zephyr (NEW): Boss character, reveal before launch
Akira: From Rival Schools, planned as pre-order DLC. Will be the first DLC character which will be added in periodically, no price point but probably around $6 if you don't pre-order. Announcement will be made sometime after both betas have ended.
Vega: DLC character to be released with Akira. No price point but also looking like $6.

20 Characters on launch not counting Akira and Vega

The 16 characters thing is a rumor that came from someone mistranslating Ken Bogard. Rose will not be revealed at Comic Con nor will she be in the game. Absolutely zero plans for Sodom, Yun, Yang, Abel, R. Mika, Remy, Viper, or Ingrid. Its really funny seeing you guys insistent that they are guaranteed. DLC after Akira is up in the air but it likely isn't any of those characters, Super Turbo and Alpha characters are way more likely.

-Sincerly, DN

Tizoc

At least you wont have to wait long to discount it. Comic Con isn't that far away. That being said, I don't believe any of these.

Still feels far for me ToT
Will the Capcom event be streamed? I would be free during the time the event takes place.

Maligna

Banned
I really hope the SFII cast is given a break this time... Especially Dhalsim, Blanka and Zangief. Just hate their designs. Necro and Hugo please!

Isn't GDC in March of 2016 and TGS in September? How will Akuma be revealed in before Karin if that's the case? Or am I being dumb and missing something obvious?

Tizoc

Someone provide a list of upcoming entertainment and gaming expos/events, etc. please?
This month of July at least we got
SDCC
EVO 2015

August has
Gamescom

September should be
TGS 2015

Ryce

Someone provide a list of upcoming entertainment and gaming expos/events, etc. please?
SDCC
EVO 2015

August has
Gamescom

September should be
TGS 2015
There's also NYCC in October. Those are the only events where Capcom has revealed characters in the past for games like Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken. The other upcoming expos/events are too minor for character reveals.

Sayad

SDCC
EVO 2015

August has
Gamescom

September should be
TGS 2015
December have both PS Experience and CC finals.

Tansut

Has there ever been a legitimate leak that predicts when characters would be revealed with such specificity?

Having said that, I would LOVE for Eagle to be in this.

I'd love Eagle. He's a total gent. I'd love to see Makoto return, for her playstyle, and Rufus too, for his looks.

Not really too worried about the cast from this point on, though; I'm very, very happy with Birdie. I'll still get very excited about every single reveal, of course. Really interested in seeing the stages too! Hopefully we see a nice tranquil one soon. They're always my favourite.

Coda

According to the Capcom website:
1st BETA: July 23-28

I really hope the beta dates are for online play only. With any luck After those dates, you can play vs CPU/2nd player. I highly doubt it though

Pretty sure you can only play it and then that's it. It better have 2 player local play in addition to the online.

Unlike Fuerte, Viper have a neutral game that isn't just a brainless guessing game.

Instant air burnkick by itself is just as stupid conceptually as anything Fuerte has.

Seismo doesn't belong in SF either. It's a midranged special that hits low, has no trajectory, has the ability to feint and is cancellable. This forces Viper's opponent to hold downback and be stationary if they want to promote defense. But this doesn't allow characters to adjust their spacing and turns the game into one sided offensive play. It's the same problems that block buttons produce. It would even be worse in this game because there's no focus attack.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'll be content with Karen in the game. Hope Gief and Alex are in the same game, we gotta get grappler boyz up in there

Tizoc

Pretty sure you can only play it and then that's it. It better have 2 player local play in addition to the online.

Likewise, even if it is just 5 days, and with there being more betas down the line, I wouldn't pre-ordering on PSN since I'm getting the game anyways.

Now people have me hyped that Maki might be in this. I'll be disappointed if she isn't now... If there is no ninja archetype in general though I will be very sad..

aaaaaa

Here's my guesses for SFV returning characters. I haven't read most of this thread so I'm probably noting things that have been noted before.

Dhalsim. He sucked in SF4, with FADC to avoid his limbs and low damage on single hits. SFV's mechanics are suited for him.
Dudley -- the one black character that isn't racist
Karin -- popular. a lot like Fei Long with her version of rekkas.
Sagat. Lots of lore. I'm guessing a laser beam will shoot out his eye like Viper in UMVC3.
R. Mika -- Ono likes her.
Zangief. They need a grappler, and he was in that Disney movie.
Either Ken or Akuma, but not both -- they want to avoid similar characters.

I'm guessing 16 or 18 characters just because of the current select screen layout.

I'll take regular T. Hawk. He's cool.

And he definitely has the sought after unique playstyle.

I'm a big T hawk fan but I do recognize how many people dislike him and have fun with it. I think his popularity would rise if he occupied a higher tier and they maybe altered a few of his knife hand strikes.

I'm a big T hawk fan but I do recognize how many people dislike him and have fun with it. I think his popularity would rise if he occupied a higher tier and they maybe altered a few of his knife hand strikes.
I don't pay much attention to the competitive side of things, but it is nice to see players using him and making strides.

I just think he's a cool character. I actually think if his default look got a bit of a makeover he'd be more popular too. (And still have his original outfit as an alt.)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You can tell Dudley is the only black character that isn't racistly portrayed because people keep insisting that he actually isn't black.

There are three different groups that are split on his ethnicity.

1. Black British
2. British Indian
3. Who Care? He's friggin gentleman!

Anyone else prefer ultra or super versions over steady DLC characters and balance patches? Looking at MK steady patches actually ruins fighting games. I would rather have a large 15-20 dollars DLC every year with 5 new characters and balance like they are doing now with SFIV. Ofcourse keep it to one disk. Just update Via DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom