• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Sports Costume and Free 30,000FM

All I need is 40k for my next 100 (and new character), so that free 30k will be very nice.

Or maybe I'll use it for Nash's new Rival Schools outfit.

Skilletor

Black Panther's already filling it though.

I get triggered when people suggest Black Panther will be anything like wolverine.

1st because they're nothing at all alike.
2nd because as much shit as you can give Capcom for other shit, nobody can say they don't put in work on representing the marvel characters.

kunonabi

For real, I don't even play Rashid but having him in the game would have been great.

Totally think he fits.

His gameplay would be perfect for it. He also has the personality to play off everyone else and he pretty much is the main character of SFV to boot.

21_sportsdlc08.jpg

Not bad. I never been an Ibuki fan, but this is probably the best she's ever looked. That 30k will certainly be useful.

Femto.

His gameplay would be perfect for it. He also has the personality to play off everyone else and he pretty much is the main character of SFV to boot.

This game probably would have a better roster if it released in fall of 2018 or Spring 2019.

We're only getting MvC:I this year because of the UMvC3 reused assets.

I appreciate you sharing your perspective on this. How do you feel about Rashid's battle costume and Azam in story mode? I've seen people like Damascus say they weren't bothered by it, but from an outsider it does seem a little on the nose.
The most generic/overdone aspects to Rashid seem to be his desert/wind motif, his royal lineage, and his relation to an oil tycoon (see Pullum in SFEX for a lot of this overlap), though only the former seems to have much impact at all on the character. I can def forgive the wind stuff because of how interesting the application of it is.

I actually think the Aladdin references are part of that trademark Capcom campyness and fit the character well without too far overdoing it. The genie thing in his CA is funny in a cool way. His Battle Outfit almost seems like ticking off a box more than a thoughtful outfit, but it's clearly a fun-focused outfit so that can be kinda forgiven.

As for Azam, he's here and there. He's another Aladdin reference (wise djinn and comic relief) as well as another wrestling bodyguard (see Pullum and Darun again), but he really doesn't so all that much. He's kinda like pre-season 2 Ed in that he isn't that fleshed out at all and is clearly being left for a future season to deepen and fully implement. From what little we do see of him, he can pretty much be completely absent from the story and not have any impact. He's supposed to hold Rashid back from being too wild, but is too much of a gentle giant to actually do anything. He seems kinda bland and trope-y for now, but Ed was made a much better character when they fleshed him out so it's hard to judge him as is.

I wonder if ESPN will ban the Track and Field outfit for EVO 2018.

And if they do, will they ban that same outfit in real Track and Field events possibly shown on ESPN or do we have a double standard on our hands?

Hmmm since classic Ibuki is coming down the line are there any current deals on sfv?

Does it support legacy controllers?

I might finally pick it up just for the hell of it.

Also I hope I won't get in any shit for this but: I honestly think something needs to be done about how many goddamn virtue signaling drive by shit posts happen in situations like this.

Seriously no one gives a shit about your stupid hot take that you couldn't spend 10 seconds googling. It's just gonna end up in thread derails.

Neoxon

Hmmm since classic Ibuki is coming down the line are there any current deals on sfv?

Does it support legacy controllers?

I might finally pick it up just for the hell of it.
The game occasionally goes on sale for $40 including the S1 & S2 Character Passes. And yes, the game does support PS3 sticks on PS4 as well as Xinput & Dinput controllers on PC.

As for Nostalgic Ibuki, that costume will be out next week. Though you will have to either earn Ibuki with Fight Money or buy her outright if you don't buy the S1 Character Pass.

joe2187

Banned
More fanservice. Color me surprised. /s

Three things

1) They're optional costumes, and they are fan service by simply existing no matter what they are since it's just cosmetic DLC for characters

2) There's nothing explicit, or raunchy about these costumes whatsoever

3) They look fantastic. Especially rashids.

Rymuth

The most generic/overdone aspects to Rashid seem to be his desert/wind motif, his royal lineage, and his relation to an oil tycoon (see Pullum in SFEX for a lot of this overlap), though only the former seems to have much impact at all on the character. I can def forgive the wind stuff because of how interesting the application of it is.

I actually think the Aladdin references are part of that trademark Capcom campyness and fit the character well without too far overdoing it. The genie thing in his CA is funny in a cool way. His Battle Outfit almost seems like ticking off a box more than a thoughtful outfit, but it's clearly a fun-focused outfit so that can be kinda forgiven.

As for Azam, he's here and there. He's another Aladdin reference (wise djinn and comic relief) as well as another wrestling bodyguard (see Pullum and Darun again), but he really doesn't so all that much. He's kinda like pre-season 2 Ed in that he isn't that fleshed out at all and is clearly being left for a future season to deepen and fully implement. From what little we do see of him, he can pretty much be completely absent from the story and not have any impact. He's supposed to hold Rashid back from being too wild, but is too much of a gentle giant to actually do anything. He seems kinda bland and trope-y for now, but Ed was made a much better character when they fleshed him out so it's hard to judge him as is.

One thing worth noting about Azam is that he has a history with Zangief. Would be amazing if he was a colorful wrestler in his youth before mellowing out and is ashamed of part of his life.

Chun Li is shaking @ that ibuki costume.

Shaheen seems like he was designed by an outsider trying to fish for Arab buyers. Rashid, however, was designed by somebody who has studied Arab pop culture extensively, or possibly even is Arab himself.
I think so too. I was kinda meh on rashid at first reveal but he's slowly becoming a favorite of mine.

Pics_nao

I'm all in for more Ibuki costumes. Fucking love her in this game

Need more non seasonal Juri too. Missed out on Halloween and Christmas

raven777

Wish there was Karin costume but she already got some great ones like swimsuit and Christmas one so I won't complain.
Ibuki's one looks great.

Yudoken

Honestly it's annoying that you basically can't buy any costumes other then the (mostly bad/boring) story ones with fm.

I'm not paying anytime soon about 5 bucks for a costume.

Raitaro

Not to sound greedy, especially after the 50.000 FM they already did a while back, but surely they could have rewarded us 300.000 or 130.000 FM considering it's the 30th anniversary. 30.000 doesn't even buy you a stage. Or why not discount FM purchases like stages and costumes for a month or so instead?

Not really happy with this continuing strong focus on doing more (and more) costumes either, especially if they don't do bundles or allow us to buy them with FM as well. To each their own of course.

Guess I'll just wait for Abigail and more stages and save up my FM for those.

KingBroly

Banned
Not to sound greedy, especially after the 50.000 FM they already did a while back, but surely they could have rewarded us 300.000 or 130.000 FM considering it's the 30th anniversary. 30.000 doesn't even buy you a stage. Or why not discount FM purchases like stages and costumes for a month or so instead?

Not really happy with this continuing strong focus on doing more (and more) costumes either, especially if they don't do bundles or allow us to buy them with FM as well. To each their own of course.

Guess I'll just wait for Abigail and more stages and save up my FM for those.

30,000 doesn't buy you anything besides Profile backgrounds, titles and icons.

Top Bottom