• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken new info and videos round-up

Imm0rt4l

As long as is has no trace of SFIV's training stage theme then I approve.

Edit: By the way, I just noticed the Special Edition is ranking higher than the normal edition on Amazon. Safe to assume people are just in it for the gems?

Yea that shit was annoying, especially if you put it on infinite Ultra.....fuck, so obnoxious.

notworksafe

Yeah but it also requires you to play a furry. There is no greater shame.

Wrong. Best fighting game character ever is a furry!

QV6pj.jpg

Has there been any unboxings or whatever for the collector's edition? I really don't want to buy it if it's terrible just for the extra gems.
Does it at least come with the game in a regular <system> case? It's hard to tell from the stock photos posted on the websites.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Also I will say now Me and Proto will be the second best on PS3 side. Only Tek and Farms teamed together will take us out.

REAL TALK

Actually QxSephiroth would be pretty godlike as well. dohohoho

Edit: Actually I'm gonna make tek free it's my goal. Farms is my demon soooo IDK about that.

-Mikey-

Not sure which system to get this on. All the fighters I've played this gen have been on PS3. Really curious about the netcode for SFxT and how XBL compares to PSN in terms of solid connections.

Have my mouse hovering over a new SFxT VS stick for 360. What to do?!

"Edit: Actually I'm gonna make tek free it's my goal. Farms is my demon soooo IDK about that."

I haven't followed the SF4 threads closely in ages. Does Farms still play on PSN? I thought him and Tostito play on XBL mostly now. I'm even considering buying the 360 version instead.

Anth0ny

Before I pull the trigger, the special edition comes with all the gems, right? Even retailer exclusive gems?

I don't want to have to deal with this shit in the future...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I haven't followed the SF4 threads closely in ages. Does Farms still play on PSN? I thought him and Tostito play on XBL mostly now. I'm even considering buying the 360 version instead.

I think they mostly play on XBL but I still see him pop on psn from time to time.

If you get XBL then PSN is gonna be FREE like OMEGA FREE

Before I pull the trigger, the special edition comes with all the gems, right? Even retailer exclusive gems?

I don't want to have to deal with this shit in the future...

36 Gem Power-ups (Includes the World of Warrior, Iron Curtain, Lightning Legs and Special Edition Exclusive King of Iron Fist GEM packs for a total of 36)

Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order the special edition of Street Fighter X Tekken and get the Cross Arts Gem pack.

Westlo

WTF, pre-order gems are unambiguously stronger than the default -_-

oh yeah, connecting with two launchers is balanced with ACTIVATING FUCKING PANDORA

The Pandora gem is way better and will be used way more, your timer starts as soon as you hit that launcher so you're 30% extra damage is going to be horrible scaled due to Cross Rush, normal, special, switch cancel than you start the 30% extra part. That or you do a Launcher normal special raw tag and than you have to open someone up in the next 8 seconds.

Pandora gem makes a 600 dmg combo into 780, from the looks of it over half the cast can ex wallbounce into pandora. You'll be seeing ex wallbounce into Pandora with this gem for sure once the game is a few weeks old. It's still a risk though, since you're leaving a sub 25% health character out trying to combo into Pandora.

Tizoc

Was that combo into Pandora a link? Seemed that way to me.

Ono just confirmed on Cross Assault that the 12 characters are real and more details will be coming in April

Oh Ono Ono Ono, I knew there was a catch when he said he'd explain everything by the LA Fight Club.

Isn't it rumoured to be $8 for 4 character pack?
So it'd be an extra $24, no?
You don't need the gems or the costume packs.

I'm not saying that's good, I'm just saying maybe the math isn't so bad.

Wasn't that the same rumor that said you could pay 5 dollars to unlock Gouki and Ogre?

I'm glad it's April. I don't want day one dlc characters since we already have 38 to mess around with. Spread them over awhile and keep the hype. I do hope those costume packs are day one.

LowParry

April sounds good all around, yes. Give us some characters in April. I'm cool with that. Still I'm wondering what we'll get Day 1.

Tizoc

OK, I know I might jinx it but I'll say it anyways:
I'd rather the 12 characters were given FREE via an update when the Vita gets released.

Also, Ono didn't say anything about them being available from April onwards, just that we'll get more info then.

The Pandora gem is way better and will be used way more, your timer starts as soon as you hit that launcher so you're 30% extra damage is going to be horrible scaled due to Cross Rush, normal, special, switch cancel than you start the 30% extra part. That or you do a Launcher normal special raw tag and than you have to open someone up in the next 8 seconds.

Pandora gem makes a 600 dmg combo into 780, from the looks of it over half the cast can ex wallbounce into pandora. You'll be seeing ex wallbounce into Pandora with this gem for sure once the game is a few weeks old. It's still a risk though, since you're leaving a sub 25% health character out trying to combo into Pandora.

Pandora is like Rage. It's going to get to the point where people intentionally drop combos when you get to around 30-35% so you never get the chance to activate.

Sblargh

Banned
same here. i hope for an all in one pack cause I hated the way they did it in SFIV.

Thinking about it now, the main reason I never bought a costume pack in SSF4 is because I play only a few characters that don't share packs. So I always felt like "buying all this stuff to use only one".

Or did I miss some way to buy them individually?

How does Easy Input and Super Easy Input even work? Does this game not have shortcut on default?
it was on a cross the line interview once that i'm too lazy to look up. i can't remember exactly but basically its similar to mvc3's easy mode where you get 1-button specials.

tizoc said:
Was that combo into Pandora a link? Seemed that way to me.
yup. if you drop it, you're screwed.

whoever does the OT also please explain the gems too, there are many people that haven't been following the development of this game like myself for example, I didn't even know about that stuff till a couple of days ago.

TDLink

Not sure which system to get this on. All the fighters I've played this gen have been on PS3. Really curious about the netcode for SFxT and how XBL compares to PSN in terms of solid connections.

Have my mouse hovering over a new SFxT VS stick for 360. What to do?!

Honestly if you have a choice the PS3 version is clearly the one to go with just due to the fact that you get 5 more characters than the 360 version. None of the recent fighters have had considerable difference in terms of netcode between the two systems so I wouldn't really be concerned about that.

h3ro

I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before Pacman/Old MM get added as free content to 360.

My sticks are on 360 and even though I have a converter and would love the extra characters (Cole looks like a fun character to play), I just prefer the messaging/party options on 360.

Thinking of looking into a USB hub for local 2v2.

Top Bottom