• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken new info and videos round-up

Makoto

Ugh, fine, Capcom. I know I said I would only buy this at $20 but your "reality show" has convinced me to buy it on release.

The characters I play better not be ass.

LowParry

360 ver. will have the better online though.

SF4 has the bigger community on the 360 as well so I'd suspect we'll see the bigger community on the 360 side with this game. However, with Tekken, it's larger on the PS3. So who knows. But generally, the 360 has the better netcode with most fighters.

Anyone here able to clarify the gem preorder non-sense associated with this game?

From what I gather, If I just pre-order the special edition from gamestop or bestbuy I should theoretically have every gem right?

It's definitely not possible to unlock every gem normally through the game or is it?

Basically I'm trying to find a way to have every gem without having to buy DLC down the line. If I didn't have to get the collector's edition that would be a plus but I'm pretty sure that seems the best value right now.

It's so damn confusing!

-Mikey-

From what players are saying, you don't need the extra gems and that they won't give you a leg up or aren't even as good as the basic gems.

Lothars

Anyone here able to clarify the gem preorder non-sense associated with this game?

From what I gather, If I just pre-order the special edition from gamestop or bestbuy I should theoretically have every gem right?

It's definitely not possible to unlock every gem normally through the game or is it?

Basically I'm trying to find a way to have every gem without having to buy DLC down the line. If I didn't have to get the collector's edition that would be a plus but I'm pretty sure that seems the best value right now.

It's so damn confusing!
From what I see it looks like the collectors editions gets all the preorder gems and a collectors edition exclusive gems, I don't know if there are any other packs after that but I wouldn't worry I don't think they will be the best gems either way.

FinKL

Now if only Newegg or Amazon matches Neweggs old promo price of $45 from a month ago, I didn't get a chance to preorder and lock in that price :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

It's so damn confusing!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35547458&postcount=2216

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Yeah, the base gems seem to be set. You can see it, and the Pre-Order / SE gems here, as well as on Capcom Unity itself.

We seem to have been shown Gems will be offered as DLC (going by that PSN leak that had free DLC for 6 or so gem packs), so if you want the best of what's available at release, DLC of SE is the best way to go right now, yes.

Tizoc

Sorry for the double post, but I'm writing up about the Gems-
Breakdown of how Gems work
The game has a Customization menu from which the player can customize what Gems they want to use with their characters (you can play without Gems BTW).
The player can equip up to 3 Gems (you can also have only 1 or 2 Gems equipped), and can create as many Gem setups as they want.
The requirements for Gems to activate is pretty simple and straightforward, but here's some elaboration to help those having a hard time figuring them out:
1- Gems that require you to connect with certain attacks, simply require you to actually damage your opponent with the specified attack for the Gem to activate
2- All Gems last for a set period of time, if you tag out a character who has a Gem activated, then the timer will still keep ticking/deplete (e.g. you activate a 20 seconds lasting Power Gem with Ryu and tag into King. If you tag Ryu in again after 20 or so seconds later, the Gems effects will have depleted)
3- The game also includes Auto-Block and Auto-Tech Throw Gems. As the name implies, they will perform an auto-block or automatically tech throws, but at the cost of your meter.

Anything else I should add?

zlatko

Banned
|OT| Truly Outrageous, IMO.

There was one really good one someone put up in the Cross Assault thread yesterday, but I forgot what it was.

It had to do with killing esports though and was just a perfect representation of the upcoming game and all the insanity going on now.

AAK

The game has a Customization menu from which the player can customize what Gems they want to use with their characters (you can play without Gems BTW).
The player can equip up to 3 Gems (you can also have only 1 or 2 Gems equipped), and can create as many Gem setups as they want.
The requirements for Gems to activate is pretty simple and straightforward, but here's some elaboration to help those having a hard time figuring them out:
1- Gems that require you to connect with certain attacks, simply require you to actually damage your opponent with the specified attack for the Gem to activate
2- All Gems last for a set period of time, if you tag out a character who has a Gem activated, then the timer will still keep ticking/deplete (e.g. you activate a 20 seconds lasting Power Gem with Ryu and tag into King. If you tag Ryu in again after 20 or so seconds later, the Gems effects will have depleted)
3- The game also includes Auto-Block and Auto-Tech Throw Gems. As the name implies, they will perform an auto-block or automatically tech throws, but at the cost of your meter.

Just include something about how the assist gems like autoblock/autotech last the entire match rather than a specific period of time.

Tizoc

There was one really good one someone put up in the Cross Assault thread yesterday, but I forgot what it was.

It had to do with killing esports though and was just a perfect representation of the upcoming game and all the insanity going on now.

IlluminatEsports?
Also, do you have a full sized ver. of your avatar?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.

nvm I'm stupud,

eSports - It's in the Grave. (EA Sports - It's in the Game pun)

Horseress

Street Fighter X Tekken OT | We finally got Megaman!!! (Oh wait....)

You could elaborate on Easy and Super Easy input gems

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| - Stream Monsters Crossed The Line
Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| - We Already Crossed The Line
Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| - Will You Cross The Line?
Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| - Just Pick A Top Tier
Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| - Brace Yourself.. Blanka's coming

I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before Pacman/Old MM get added as free content to 360.

When has capcom ever released anything for free? :lol
MS doesn't like free content. BioWare released the starting comic for ME2 on 360 eventually but it's a pay download. Console exclusive fighters in Soul Calibur 4 eventually made it to the other system but cost money per Namco.
I'm pretty sure there's a likelihood of MM and Pac-Man getting on the 360 eventually, but I'm thinking it'll cost 400msp or something.

Tizoc

Refresh my memory: EX moves can be charged correct?
...and Lvl. 2 charged special moves do the EX ver. of that move?

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Fighting is Magic is Better

As an aside, just bought AE for PC. GFWL Marketplace's download speed is SLOW.

imagesjg.jpg

tumblr_l7n418DNCP1qb00y6o1_500.jpg

Tizoc

Can't wait for the requisite shitty 144p cellphone cam footage of the game being played on an SDTV.

I'll use my bro's laptop to record in MQ-ish quality by pointing it's camera at my 40" HDTV and record combos~
...if I get the game early...

So uh again I ask-
EX moves can be charged correct?
How do you do Alpha Counters?

AAK

I'll use my bro's laptop to record in MQ-ish quality by pointing it's camera at my 40" HDTV and record combos~

So uh again I ask-

1. Yes, EX moves charge faster into their super
2. Yes, the lvl 2 charged special move do the EX version of that move... but remember they`re limited to one of the special moves in the movelist, not all of them.
3. I believe it`s b+mp+mk while blocking I think

Edit, yeah, it`s probably forward, I forgot.

-Mikey-

So uh again I ask-

I think ex moves can be charged for a super, not sure.

Level 2 does do an EX move with no cost of a bar and dashing out will give a counter hit on the next move unless you are attacked.

I believe alpha counters are Forward + HP and HK at the cost of a bar.

Top Bottom