• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Studio Liverpool on Wipeout 2048 page: " WE. ARE. ALIVE. " [Well, not really]

Skyzard

Banned
Well Karl Jones was tweeting about how he was redundant just a few days ago so I doubt he knew about any "transfer" of departments.

I can't believe Ami would only post "We. Are. Alive" as well if it was only the Facebook team/not the original guys :S Just to let us know that literally? ...

Don't want to give them the benefit of the doubt....would be annoying to go through that again so just in limbo waiting on confirmation now -.-

KageMaru

I've been sent this (I'm an admin at GRcade where the story of Sony Liverpool closing originally broke):

=(

Look guys. I used to work for Sony, I still know people that do (including people at Liverpool), I was told that things were moving with them getting set up somehow (whether its with SCEE or independent), and from this update today I can only assume it's gone through. I've asked the people I know for an update.

I am not bullshitting, I want this team alive as much as anyone else :)

=)

I hope your right on this, I want to see Wipeout 4.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
couldn't a subset of the team have been amalgamated into Evolution? So Wipeout might still be alive, but doesn't necessarily mean they'll keep the team in Liverpool.

ibyAefZ2UYx9HT.gif

Just gonna say its a ex employee trolling/

Then again Sony probably offered key staff offers in there other UK studios so some of Liverpool probably lives on somewhere at Sony UK and will continue farting out wipeout games.

Vitacat

This. I'd buy it on PSN if it matched retail. But SCEA are morons so it'll never happen.

Well, I just swallowed hard and bought WO2048 on PSN the other day, as well as the $13 DLC. Yes it's waaaaay too much money that I paid compared to retail, but the game is amazing and I love just having it right there on my memory card.

SCEA are pretty much brain dead when it comes to marketing digital content on PSN, so yeah, don't expect any sensible price drops, sales or promotions to actually make owning a Vita more desirable. SCEA want Vita to fail. Or so it seems.

Afrikan

That's why
1119537.-The-launch-of-PlayStation-Vita-at-GAME.jpg

"That Tweet should not have been posted, Studio Liverpool is closed, there is no new Wipeout game. Ami Nakajima was not released [I wonder why ;) ], she was just tweeting to say that she "is still alive". Which is pretty tactless."

So who is the lucky decision maker?

I have one request for Wipeout PS4. Widen the stage tracks pls. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing futuristic bumper cars, not a racer and that is really annoying. F-Zero got it right with lots of wide tracks.

That is all

Look guys. I used to work for Sony, I still know people that do (including people at Liverpool), I was told that things were moving with them getting set up somehow (whether its with SCEE or independent), and from this update today I can only assume it's gone through. I've asked the people I know for an update.

I am not bullshitting, I want this team alive as much as anyone else :)

iSVI5ZTX0BYfk.JPG

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I have one request for Wipeout PS4. Widen the stage tracks pls. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing futuristic bumper cars, not a racer and that is really annoying. F-Zero got it right with lots of wide tracks.

That is all

Narrow tracks are what make Wipeout... Wip3out. Nothing like slicing through a level without doing bumper cars at Zone 20+ in Zone mode.

So in a fashion I agree. God, Zone mode at 20+ speed/SuperSonic becomes hard in corners due to touchy airbrake controls

Dunan

Posted gleefully on the Facebook account before reading the soul-crushing doubts on this thread.

Please let Wipeout still be alive.

I heard from my buddy in Criterion that they just moved to Sony's London studio. I believe entirely intact.

I guess no one wants to be a Liverpool FC fan.

Skyzard

Banned
I heard from my buddy in Criterion that they just moved to Sony's London studio. I believe entirely intact.

I guess no one wants to be a Liverpool FC fan.

Please be true. This would so damn good. Playstation will literally be saved.

Wipeout will take off, just need to keep pumping it out and tweaking the formula slightly. Perhaps add a training mode and SC2-like online features (lobbies/racing leagues).
It is the king of games. What other game rewards your skill like wipeout?

Top Bottom