• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Studio Liverpool on Wipeout 2048 page: " WE. ARE. ALIVE. " [Well, not really]

hym

Banned
There is no misinterpretation possible. If "WE. ARE. ALIVE." does not mean a return of Studio Liverpool and or WipEout then the person responsible for the message is either malevolent or utterly incompetent.

More importantly they should never work in PR again.

btkadams

There is no misinterpretation possible. If "WE. ARE. ALIVE." does not mean a return of Studio Liverpool and or WipEout then the person responsible for the message is either malevolent or utterly incompetent.

More importantly they should never work in PR again.

yeah, no doubt. i'm now being cautious and assuming the studio is dead, but fuck the person who posted that. it's pretty obvious what fans would think it means.

PaulLFC

Either way they should never ever work in PR again.
Exactly. I mean, maybe it will turn out that this source that says they're not saved is right, but I just can't get my head around the suggestion that "WE. ARE. ALIVE" means anything other than "Studio Liverpool as a developer is not dead." Ami Nakajima is their community manager (also communications manager according to her Twitter). I highly doubt she would post that if they weren't saved, it's obvious that the reaction to "WE. ARE. ALIVE" is going to be "Studio Liverpool saved?" I would be very surprised if a communications manager doesn't realise that.

I'm still optimistic.

Colin Berry, who used to be a designer at Studio Liverpool just posted this on the Wipeout facebook page
Wasn't Colin Berry one of the casualties from Sony's first pwnage of Studio Liverpool after Wipeout HD? I recognise his name from the Wipeout Zone forums...

Whatever man, team Harimau for the awesome.
Only person here who knows what they're talking about!

And seriously, a game like this should never die

HariamuMetroWall.jpg

WipEout is the pinnacle of adrenaline rushing skill based racing, I was heartbroken when i heard Studio Liverpool was closed down. Hoping for the best now. Would love a new WipEout that played more into the sense of being on a team and having pride for said team, because you look around this thread and there's tons of people who really like holding onto their favorite WipEout team as being the best.

Would also love a WipEout on wheels like what the 2048 intro teased us with, but either way needs more team emphasis and maybe something a little more personal and persistent.

They must've received a shitload of Tweets after this "WE.ARE.ALIVE" so they'd have to react and change it accordingly, if it was only their social platforms that are still alive and not Studio Liverpool or the franchise like most would assume? I mean they couldn't just let it stand like that, right?

Skyzard

Banned
Only person here who knows what they're talking about!

And seriously, a game like this should never die

WipEout is the pinnacle of adrenaline rushing skill based racing, I was heartbroken when i heard Studio Liverpool was closed down. Hoping for the best now. Would love a new WipEout that played more into the sense of being on a team and having pride for said team, because you look around this thread and there's tons of people who really like holding onto their favorite WipEout team as being the best.

Would also love a WipEout on wheels like what the 2048 intro teased us with, but either way needs more team emphasis and maybe something a little more personal and persistent.

Exactly, so well developed too..

They must've received a shitload of Tweets after this "WE.ARE.ALIVE" so they'd have to react and change it accordingly, if it was only their social platforms that are still alive and not Studio Liverpool or the franchise like most would assume? I mean they couldn't just let it stand like that, right?

Exactly, something should be announced...

V_Ben

Banned
this is a good thing right? I mean, why say no comment when they have no intention to save the studio?

If Liverpool was still closed, they'd say as much. Right now, its a "no comment" - as in, SOMETHING is happening behind the scenes and they can't say what it is at the moment.

Shikoro

If Liverpool was still closed, they'd say as much. Right now, its a "no comment" - as in, SOMETHING is happening behind the scenes and they can't say what it is at the moment.

Yep, just what I was thinking. Why go with a "no comment" if it's a well known fact that you closed it recently. :/

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Just "No Comment?"

Denials being made, then promptly deleted.

Seems to me that something is happening, someone may have jumped the gun with the original tweet/FB post as not all parties are aware of what's happening but the situation is in flux.

I want to believe (so so bad)

yes, that's what I meant, before today all we know is the studio is beyond saving, the tweet along with Sony's no comment line imply there's still hope yet.

My mate from SCEE Liverpool has just text to say he has heard that some of the Studio Liverpool devs were looking to form their own studio.

Maybe that's the situation and they're going to contracted to provide support for Wipeout 2048?

After him not knowing anything, maybe he's asked around? Dunno.

This is getting ridiculous. Sony and/or Liverpool needs to come out and straight up explain what is happening before this spirals out of control.

acevans2

If they're not using the WipEout franchise (as the same studio, or a newly formed one) I find it pretty disingenuous that they would use the WipEout 2048 social media outlets to publicize their new effort in this way.

It might just be the social media accounts that are alive anyway, so oh well.

Tenck

Nintendo to announce Wipeout to be Nintendo exclusive after publishing their next game.

Liverpool to worry for their lives after constant death threats.

Top Bottom