• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Studio Liverpool on Wipeout 2048 page: " WE. ARE. ALIVE. " [Well, not really]

androvsky

So the official facebook and twitter accounts both say Wipeout is back, with two anonymous sources either confirming or agreeing it's plausible, and one anonymous source that doesn't make any sense at all says it's not.

So the official facebook and twitter accounts both say Wipeout is back, with two anonymous sources either confirming or agreeing it's plausible, and one anonymous source that doesn't make any sense at all says it's not.
Yeah and one anonymous source is saying our anonymous source is full of shit.

What the hell is going on?

Skyzard

Banned
There was a twitter message from an MP (parliament person) that was sent to Karl Jones on the day they closed. She worked in liverpool and was asking him if there was "anything she could do"..

Someone mentioned in that other forum today that it could be the Liverpool Council who bought them out? Which seems ridiculous...but I'm going to hold onto that with a 25% grip, 75% pessimism...

everyone is still in liverpool
everyone moved to london
just ami on twitter and facebook
wipeout team making fzero

hmm

Busty

Banned
I heard from my buddy in Criterion that they just moved to Sony's London studio. I believe entirely intact.

If this is true and both of Sony Liverpool's PS4 projects are still active this could be the greatest 'lazarus' story the video game industry has ever seen.

C'mon Sony.

Do us a solid.

Empty

also the two positive gaf sources contradict too. they can't simultaneously be moved to london and bailed out by liverpool council.

such a mess. going to go with hopeful scepticsm till we get more information.

Drencrom

All of this because of her

iZdeKS8iN95LR.jpg

true Gek

Well she wrote on 2 sources the same thing and posted also a picture saying that they are back and she was talking about herself? o_O

PaulLFC

From his posts, I would assume Kenny works for, or at the very least knows somebody who works for, Sony. I know who I believe in this situation, I just hope I'm not disappointed.

It doesn't make any sense to me that both the Wipeout Facebook and Twitter pages would say "they are alive" in reference to the people still being alive - that makes no sense. The "anonymous source" (unless there´s confirmation that they work for Sony, why should we believe them? I could have wrote that myself as an "anonymous source") says Ami Nakajima posted it to say she is alive - why then would she post it on the official Twitter then retweet it, rather than just posting "I am alive" or something on her Twitter? Makes absolutely no sense.

Shikoro

Well she wrote on 2 sources the same thing and posted also a picture saying that they are back and she was talking about herself? o_O

Exactly. I guess that there's a press release incoming, it's just that someone got a little bit excited ahead of time. :)

From his posts, I would assume Kenny works for, or at the very least knows somebody who works for, Sony. I know who I believe in this situation, I just hope I'm not disappointed.

It doesn't make any sense to me that both the Wipeout Facebook and Twitter pages would say "they are alive" in reference to the people still being alive - that makes no sense. The "anonymous source" (unless there´s confirmation that they work for Sony, why should we believe them? I could have wrote that myself as an "anonymous source") says Ami Nakajima posted it to say she is alive - why then would she post it on the official Twitter then retweet it, rather than just posting "I am alive" or something on her Twitter? Makes absolutely no sense.

In the same message my source said:
Also, Kenny Linder is talking bollocks. He was let go in Jan from BigBIG and is not what you'd describe as "in the know".

Mikeside

Maybe it's nothing to do with Sony - she simply used the Wipeout twitter account to tease that the team is reforming independantly or with another publisher?

She is our Helen of Troy

well what does that make us, the Trojans or the Greeks, either way she leads us to our doom.....

and on the topic about merging them with Sony London
I mean Sony did the same thing with Zipper...

"The closure is a result of a normal cycle of resource re-alignment within SCE WWS" http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/30/sony-closes-zipper-interactive.aspx

what if they just Frankensteind them in with Sony London and Wipeout isn't dead

Yep, I used to work for SCEE, and I still know people that do. More than one person told me about this a couple of weeks back. These things can take ages to go through, and then today up pops the FB and Twitter message. From that I assume a deal has been sorted. I wouldn't of said anything otherwise.

I am just going on what I was told from people I know at various Sony teams. I am not making it up, I have no reason to!

Promise.

Sid

Yep, I used to work for SCEE, and I still know people that do. More than one person told me about this a couple of weeks back. These things can take ages to go through, and then today up pops the FB and Twitter message. From that I assume a deal has been sorted. I wouldn't of said anything otherwise.

I am just going on what I was told from people I know at various Sony teams. I am not making it up, I have no reason to!

Promise.
The sony employees have confirmed it to you now?

Shadders

Colin Berry, who used to be a designer at Studio Liverpool just posted this on the Wipeout facebook page:

Studio liverpool is not back, a few people are finding jobs in other studios, many are looking elsewhere, but the studio is closed in terms of development. This post probably just means the facebook page is being kept alive.

EDIT: https://www.facebook.com/WipEout2048

It's in the comments on the "We. Are. Alive." post.

Promise.

When you talk with those guys you should always squeeze some subliminal Colony Wars messages in there ;) This game needs to happen!

Curufinwe

Well that sucks. I always hoped they patch customizable controls into 2048.

Maybe find whoever programmed them for Wip3out 13 years ago and ask them how it's done.

I've just text my mate who works at SCEE Liverpool. He doesn't think Studio Liverpool has been saved. At least he hasn't been told or even heard rumours. He's asking me what's being rumoured!

That doesn't exactly instill confidence.

But who is this source? Are they in a position within Sony or Studio Liverpool where they'd know what they're talking about? Not having a go at you, just curious because anyone can be an anonymous source.

Sorry, I can't give any more info unfortunately. I'll be happy if they're wrong on this because it was a great UK studio and it would be awesome to see them stick around. I just wouldn't get too excited right now!

Top Bottom