• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suits S6 |OT| Magic Folder Saves The Day - Wednesdays 9/8c

Hex

Banned
Tonight was honestly one of the best episodes of Suits in forever and shows how good it can be.

Deadly

He might not have fully thought it through, because, as we’ve shown in the past, pro bono cases often end up being at odds with your corporate clients’ interest, and that’s going to come to the fore… People’s reactions to Harvey taking those reins and emerging from Jessica’s shadow is all going to play into Season 7.
Great...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So Gina Torres was actually the one to pitch the spin off.

Makes sense. People love her on the show, and she's a pretty "strong woman lawyer" character they haven't really explored. It doesn't help that the show she left for (forgetting it's named) cratered.

Her coming back to Deus Ex Machina Mike's bar exam was soooo good, though. OMG. Hopefully this means the writers for the next season or two (forgetting when they're ending it) will now focus less on the <IAMTHELAWVOICE>FRAUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDD</IAMTHELAWVOICE> law and him and Harvey doing good things.

Next year I hope we get more Case of the week with the overarching big case solving.

Want it to focus back on fighting, winning and losing cases.

scarlet

Their best episode in this season. Glad finally they got over that Mike is not a lawyer. Hopefully they can focus on legal cases like earlier seasons.

like da fuq you guys liked the episode.

Show jumped the shark with prison season and the mike back as a lawyer episode felt like they were beating the donkey the shark ate into a red mist.

RangersFan

So after all that talk of staying with the clinic after he gets into the bar, he goes back to the firm...

Every time Mike gets a win these days I get annoyed, love seeing him get shit on. And every time the main cast pair off and fellate each other for a scene I roll my eyes and want to shut it off.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
So after all that talk of staying with the clinic after he gets into the bar, he goes back to the firm...

Every time Mike gets a win these days I get annoyed, love seeing him get shit on. And every time the main cast pair off and fellate each other for a scene I roll my eyes and want to shut it off.

I think that at some point the writers forgot that mike is an asshole, and that Pearson Specter Litt are definitely self-serving, result-driven assholes.
I mean, they're all blah blah about changed man, cares for the truth and the law, blah blah, and then he gets in the bar.. by committing perjury under oath.

So they give him a morality pet every now and then, and pretend that everything is OK because hey he does philantrophy.

At least Harvey doesn't lie. Fucker does what he want for what\who he wants, period.
Litt is the most hilarious case. He's a damn Disney villain more often than not, general-purpose asshole that tears innocent people a new one for the kick of it and a few bucks, and suddenly he gets a morality pet or two and he's just misunderstood.
Own it. Suits was never about being moral, it was about winning. That's why Mike storylines feel shitty for the last couple of seasons. (Rachel doesn't help, at all.)

Quixzlizx

I think that at some point the writers forgot that mike is an asshole, and that Pearson Specter Litt are definitely self-serving, result-driven assholes.
I mean, they're all blah blah about changed man, cares for the truth and the law, blah blah, and then he gets in the bar.. by committing perjury under oath.

So they give him a morality pet every now and then, and pretend that everything is OK because hey he does philantrophy.

At least Harvey doesn't lie. Fucker does what he want for what\who he wants, period.
Litt is the most hilarious case. He's a damn Disney villain more often than not, general-purpose asshole that tears innocent people a new one for the kick of it and a few bucks, and suddenly he gets a morality pet or two and he's just misunderstood.
Own it. Suits was never about being moral, it was about winning. That's why Mike storylines feel shitty for the last couple of seasons. (Rachel doesn't help, at all.)

It's pretty clear from pretty early on that everything Louis does is driven by his massive inferiority complex. He was only cartoonishly evil at the very beginning when he was just the guy who enjoyed shitting on the associates for no apparent reason.

like da fuq you guys liked the episode.

Show jumped the shark with prison season and the mike back as a lawyer episode felt like they were beating the donkey the shark ate into a red mist.

IMO Show jumped the shark between the time Harvey became name partner and the time Mike became an investment banker for Sidwell. The show was never really the same after that and had an identity crisis: it was unwilling to let go of the "fraud lawyer" premise and Harvey/Mike, even though ironically it had already given Mike a way out. The show's stubbornness in remaining with the dynamics is why the rest of the seasons suffer.

It's really amazing to see the complete quality difference from 1 and 2-6.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
They should of resolved this Mike being a fraud lawyer a few seasons ago so they could focus more on what made the show fun.

They kind of did- for a while, it seemed like everything was fine and the issue was Louis and Sheila finding out that Mike never went to Harvard. And that ended with a hacker changing school records, then it all seemed to go away until the storyline with Gibbs popped up.

I'm hoping now that this is indeed the end of it and they can get back to cases and the drama that goes along with them. I loved the drama in the past few episodes, but that's enough already, lol. No matter what happens, Mike always inevitably ends up back at the firm.

jonnyp

I find it incredible that the writing staff for this show hasn't been fired yet. The absolute childish dialogue, intrigues and motivations of characters are just mindboggling.

mackattk

What, you didn't like "The Donna"?

Ugh... Donna is good as a minor side character. She works as a minor side character to kind of bring some humor/shake things up to what is going on with the law office. She doesn't work as a major character and that The Donna thing was dumb as all hell. They tried way too hard with her this season and it shows, the show really hurt because of it.

I just finished bingeing the season last night...

What the hell was that stupid Donnas digital assistant subplot about?

There are so many dumb, poorly written, plots that I'm at a stage where I'm hatewatching this show now.

Aureon

Oh noes I've started watching S1 for a second time, it's sooo good. Up to ep4 already, hope the return is on par with S1.

S1 had so much less baggage.
It's basically Harvey kicking ass, taking names, and getting Mike along for the run.

Nowdays, the damn thing is a nakama shonen anime where everyone is friends and huddles together in the darkness.

Down to the past big boss coming back to save MC's skin, lol.

DeviantBoi

Didn't much care for Mike in prison. Just as I didn't care for Reed in prison on Criminal Minds.

I don't want them locked up... I want them out there winning.

TheOddOne

I'm going to tap out for OT duties for the next season, if somebody would like to take it over you have my blessing. I'm kind of done with this show :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
i hope mike and Rachel separate and he finds a new love interest. their relationship is so stale.

Nah, really dont need more relationship drama...they should just focus on interesting cases and stay together.

Aureon

Nah, really dont need more relationship drama...they should just focus on interesting cases and stay together.

Just have as little scenes of them as possible, at this point, or cut Rachel altogether. There's only so many "I love you so much" scenes you can make before it gets boring. (and the number is, like, three.)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just have as little scenes of them as possible, at this point, or cut Rachel altogether. There's only so many "I love you so much" scenes you can make before it gets boring. (and the number is, like, three.)

Why the hell would they cut Rachel now ? She is about to be a kick ass attorney aka. what she worked for the whole season.

You know she is more than Mikes love interest...right ? With Jessica gone i expect her to kick some ass the upcoming season.

Aiii

So not worth it
Now that Meghan Markle is dating Prince Harry, I wonder if she's gonna be acting for much longer. I bet the Queen will have an issue or two with that nonsense.

Aureon

Why the hell would they cut Rachel now ? She is about to be a kick ass attorney aka. what she worked for the whole season.

You know she is more than Mikes love interest...right ? With Jessica gone i expect her to kick some ass the upcoming season.

Hey, i'll take Mike getting cut gladly too.
But if they work together on anything, it's either relationship drama time or lovey-dovey romance comedy time.
They aren't a power couple, they're a romantic couple.

Top Bottom