• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suits S6 |OT| Magic Folder Saves The Day - Wednesdays 9/8c

‘Suits’ Spinoff Starring Gina Torres Eyed By USA

Jessica Pearson could be getting her own show. USA Network is in early talks for a potential new series toplined by former Suits standout Gina Torres.

While a Jessica Pearson spinoff had been talked about on-and-off for more than a year as USA had been interested in pursuing an offshoot, I hear conversations recently heated up as Torres had been fielding a slew of broadcast pilot offers for a second straight year. Last year, she was cast as the lead in the ABC drama pilot The Death of Eva Sofia Valdez, which didn’t go forward, but the prospect of possibly losing Torres for years — if the pilot she’d choose this time becomes a successful series — likely prompted USA and Suits producer Universal Cable Prods. to act now.

I hear there have been meetings, and negotiations are in preliminary stages, with no deals in place. There is no fully formed concept yet as I hear the project would go through a development process, but the new series would center on Torres’ intrepid and very stylish attorney character, Jessica Pearson.

I hear the potential offshoot, first reported by TVLine, would be written by Suits creator/showrunner Aaron Korsh — solo, or with another writer — with Korsh expected to executive and showrun the potential new series alongside Suits, which, in its sixth season, remains USA’s most watched original scripted series. USA and UCP had no comment.

TVexperto

What is up with Mike?" He became such a douche and asshole..like he is always angry and being agressive towards harvey

They're just teasing the bro-team of Mike & Harvey in the last few episodes. Come on get back to the A-team kicking asses and taking names like season 1 please. The one-upmanship is what I miss from this show. I'd like to see a couple of episodes of slam dunking 2-3 cases per episodes. I've been left wanting that since the early episodes and it hasn't really gone back into that gear at all.

As always more Donna please.

jett

D-Member
I abandoned this show after the first episode of this second-half. I went back to the second espisode yesterday cuz I was bored and it was one of those awful flashback episodes. I'm done.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Donna's storyline got decent. Finally.
I still feel Rachel is the goddamn avatar of boring, though. Whatever happens, she's completely passive to all of it.

Deadly

They're just teasing the bro-team of Mike & Harvey in the last few episodes. Come on get back to the A-team kicking asses and taking names like season 1 please. The one-upmanship is what I miss from this show. I'd like to see a couple of episodes of slam dunking 2-3 cases per episodes. I've been left wanting that since the early episodes and it hasn't really gone back into that gear at all.

As always more Donna please.
Yeah that's what was fun about the show. I hope the finale ends with Mike being a lawyer and them building PSL back up. But based on the preview it doesn't seem like it...

Quixzlizx

Did they ever explain why that federal attorney is so obsessed with Mike? I'm imagining an "A Beautiful Mind" setup on the walls of her home/office, with "MIKE ROSS IS A FRAUD" painted in blood on the ceiling that she can look at whenever she ever begins to stray from her one true purpose.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Did they ever explain why that federal attorney is so obsessed with Mike? I'm imagining an "A Beautiful Mind" setup on the walls of her home/office, with "MIKE ROSS IS A FRAUD" painted in blood on the ceiling that she can look at whenever she ever begins to stray from her one true purpose.

You do know that she is obsessed with Harvey a lot more than Mike.

This is the second time she is offering the same deal, asking Harvey to take the fall.

Quixzlizx

You do know that she is obsessed with Harvey a lot more than Mike.

This is the second time she is offering the same deal, asking Harvey to take the fall.

But they are amping up the conflict to ridiculous levels. Even if she wants to take down Harvey, she doesn't have any other cases to work on? Is she the head of the "Fraudulent Lawyers and Their Accomplices" department of the Justice Department?

Like how Louis' fiancee flipped out on him like he had been protecting a serial killer instead of an unlicensed lawyer.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
But they are amping up the conflict to ridiculous levels. Even if she wants to take down Harvey, she doesn't have any other cases to work on? Is she the head of the "Fraudulent Lawyers and Their Accomplices" department of the Justice Department?

Like how Louis' fiancee flipped out on him like he had been protecting a serial killer instead of an unlicensed lawyer.

I don't think anyone outside the lawyering world cares that much about anyone being an unlicensed lawyer, really.
Especially one that, in practice, hurt nobody but perhaps is rich-ass shark tank firm.

I hope he can become a lawyer already so we can officially put this behind us. I haven't minded the second half so far, nothing great but still an ok watch. Rooting for Donna.
I kind of hope they make her go away forever somehow. Her vendetta is reaching eye rolling levels. Like get over it sister.

Deadly

I hope he can become a lawyer already so we can officially put this behind us. I haven't minded the second half so far, nothing great but still an ok watch. Rooting for Donna.

I kind of hope they make her go away forever somehow. Her vendetta is reaching eye rolling levels. Like get over it sister.
Yeah make him a lawyer and make the next season be about them rebuilding PSL to its former glory. Have it be more like S1 and we're good to go.

yeah, i waiting for this too.

Yeah make him a lawyer and make the next season be about them rebuilding PSL to its former glory. Have it be more like S1 and we're good to go.
Yep, show would improve a lot if it would just focus on law drama and not whether or not someone they made a shady deal with in the past will affect mike becoming a lawyer or some other random thing.

Need me some manila envelopes.

Hmm has Donna ever talked about moving on from being a secretary, to like a lawyer herself? Lately they are bringing up that she is just that, a secretary.

Maybe this is a test from Anita. Like what if she is doing this to see if Mike changed and doesn't do shady deals to get what he wants.

Yup, I knew they were building something up by the whole Donna thing being called just a secretary.

Edit: Jessica!!!!!! Woooo

Jessica is my tv hero why can't I work for her.

Also a nice feel good ending. Sad for Louis. I know he always loses in the end but that was a punch in the gut.

Damn sucks how it was a good feeling for Mike. But then we get the Louis thing :/. They really have to give the greatest ending for him, after all he goes through. It's always him being sad about something,sucks :(

Damn sucks how it was a good feeling for Mike. But then we get the Louis thing :/. They really have to give the greatest ending for him, after all he goes through. It's always him being sad about something,sucks :(
Sheila was perfect for him. They need to make it happen.

Will be trippy as hell to see Mike in Harvey's office and Harvey in Jessica's. Or wherever he was going.

Deadly

Goddamn Jessica with the save, I did not see that coming. Really sucks for Louis, he can't catch a break this season. Looks like the Donna storyline will go on to the next season. It wasn't completely terrible and it's a nice progression of her character so I'm okay with that.

What I'm scared of is them going the typical route and them taking on some generous-for-everyone case through Mike but then it'll escalate into a big case that will last the entire season.

I'm glad they went with the rebuilding PSL idea though.

Top Bottom