• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suits S6 |OT| Magic Folder Saves The Day - Wednesdays 9/8c

The broker became the ultimate bro when he started as a super douche

Is this a midseason finale? The fuck is going on here. Luis finally won.

Soooo

Firm's saved
Mike's out of jail (and doesn't have to worry about his secret)
Bailey's off death row

...what are we gonna be talking about for the rest of the show? Louis's wedding planning?

Good episode. Wasn't a fan of the ending. One thing bothering me, why does Rachel think the guy is innocent? Their is still no proof

CRS

Good episode. Wasn't a fan of the ending. One thing bothering me, why does Rachel think the guy is innocent? Their is still no proof
Because she sees it in his eyes.

This was actually the best episode of the season so far. It felt like classic Suits. There was a trial, a classic film reference, and plenty of 'God damns'.

tumblr_m8483ch21F1qcqq0y.gif

RIP

From the TV Line interview LOL:

But the twist I had planned was that father that accosted Rachel and tried to get rid of that witness was going to approach her and go crazy and kill [Jessica]. I wasn’t going to have us see that, but I was going to have us hear that off-screen. For a number of reasons, we ended up not going that way…. Ultimately, the network was not on board with that.

Aiii

So not worth it
Network execs ruining a good story, again.

As he said in his example, when that happened in M.A.S.H. I was devastated, you get the happy ending and then BOOM, the Colonel just dies off screen. Would have been a great story to tell, shame the network needed to go #safe.

Maddocks

I'm happy they didn't kill her off, it would have been....really, give her the happy ending and then kill her. It would have made the show look pretty bad.

She deserves to go out happy and I'm happy they allowed it, even though usa kinda forced it, but it was a good force.

Podge293

Soooo

Firm's saved
Mike's out of jail (and doesn't have to worry about his secret)
Bailey's off death row

...what are we gonna be talking about for the rest of the show? Louis's wedding planning?

They're gonna talk about suits for the remaining episodes. Just suits. Harvey and mike spit balling over which is better. Lewis buying a suit making factory. Rachel quitting law school to make suits. All about suits.

Or they'll try rebuild the firm to its previous glory, Harvey and Donna will get it on, mike and Rachel have heir wedding and Louis' wedding (also revelations it is in fact his kid)

Aiii

So not worth it
They're gonna talk about suits for the remaining episodes. Just suits. Harvey and mike spit balling over which is better. Lewis buying a suit making factory. Rachel quitting law school to make suits. All about suits.

Mike's gonna accidentally stumble into a job interview at an expensive suit store and talk his way into a new career as a suit salesman. I'd watch the fuck out of this.

AzerPhire

Man this show has fallen so hard. I don't even know why they bother to have the firm anymore and its hilarious how Jessica turns down Rachel's Dads offer because she doesn't want her name last and then just abandons ship anyways. At least involve Harvey and Louis in the decision.

And going forward who is going to want to deal with their firm? They have what five employees? Two of the them being secretaries and one a paralegal. Not to mention their reputation is awful, sure they got the guy off death row but nobody in their right mind would not believe they tanked the Sutter case to get Mike out. And lastly since Mike is obviously going to become a consultant so again why would anyone trust their ethics and judgement when they re-hire the person who got them into this whole mess in the first place.

Ugh

--Have to add, don't get me started on Louis' "relationship" and engagement. That whole thing happened over the course of what? A month.

Deadly

Damn Jessica is a big loss to the show. Seems the Innocence case she and Rachel were working on actually lead to somewhere. Wonder what the back half will be? It usually connects someway to the first half.

So uhh.... Now Jessica is leaving, the firm should still be as good as dead, right? If they made a huge deal about Jessica's oldest client leaving and it about to tank the firm via a domino effect, what happens when the managing partner steps down to work at SuitSupply in Chicago? It's obviously just gonna be waved away isn't it?

I've felt for a while now that the show has been running out of steam but I'm invested in the characters and more Donna and Rachel is fine by me.

Ducarmel

Glad we got some court room scenes, but I would have liked it if they got the Father with hard evidence like Louis found a money trail and Jessica's "Guy" found an orderly/security guard to testify seeing Gomez and the Father in the clinic together, not some gotcha cross examination stunt.

Speaking of Jessica's Guy why did he not find out Gomez was in a Clinic?
*Let me just stop asking questions.

Will miss Jessica but looks like she could come back not sure how they will do it, but I could see some funny stuff like Harvey get arrested and is on trial and only Jessica can save him.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So uhh.... Now Jessica is leaving, the firm should still be as good as dead, right? If they made a huge deal about Jessica's oldest client leaving and it about to tank the firm via a domino effect, what happens when the managing partner steps down to work at SuitSupply in Chicago? It's obviously just gonna be waved away isn't it?

I've felt for a while now that the show has been running out of steam but I'm invested in the characters and more Donna and Rachel is fine by me.

Louis and Harvey took over the client. So they're still represented by Jessica's firm, just Jessica is no longer a name partner or a lawyer there. The firm is "solid' now apparently.

Curufinwe

I'm glad they didn't go down this route.

I have not said this before, but my initial idea was to have this all happen and have her make her decision to go, and I knew that fans out there knew that Gina might be leaving. We tried to keep it quiet, but you can’t keep that kind of thing quiet. Once she got her pilot, it certainly seemed people understood if that thing went, she would go. So my idea was to twist it and have her decide to leave and go to Jeff exactly as we did it in the finale, and have the father of the victim come back with a gun and kill her. I didn’t think we were going to see it, but my initial inspiration was sort of taken from M*A*S*H*. The beloved character Henry Blake left, and they had an emotional goodbye and then you find out that his plane had been shot down over the Sea of Japan, and it was very moving. That was my initial idea, to put the twist on it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Legit shook that Jessica is leaving.

I'm glad they didn't go down this route.

Yikes, that wouldn't have been good at all. I Loved the way that they built up the innocence project ultimately leading to her departure because it made her realize why she became a lawyer in the first place.

Anyone else feel if they had to end the actual show right now, that finale would be okay? I find that I'm bored of the show now so I won't be watching any further and I'm happy to leave it the way this mid season ended.

NeoGiff

Anyone else feel if they had to end the actual show right now, that finale would be okay? I find that I'm bored of the show now so I won't be watching any further and I'm happy to leave it the way this mid season ended.

The season 5 finale would have been the perfect ending for the show. Mike in prison, a fitting final conversation between him and Harvey, the firm's future unclear. Bittersweet overall, and despite many missteps along the way, a great journey with the characters.

I thought it was fantastic final.
And you told me this was the series final I would have been fine with it.
All is revolved and everyone is "happy".

Stu should get his own show I watch that in a heartbeat seriously this guy is awesome.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Great finale.. But man did they had to get rid of Jessica? Can't imagine the show without her.. What a bummer.

Luis arc this season was just BS though.. They couldn't have found a hotter lady for him to marry in like a couple weeks? I mean come on.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Man, i'm gonna miss Lioness.

Although, prison wasn't very good, but rachel\mike scenes are even worse.

darscot

I was so hoping the would lose the firm and reboot the show into criminal defense. Get it back to the feel good bromance it used to be. It's just drivel now and I don't care about anything it always just works out. I barely got through the season they need to really change it up for me to watch the next.

Sora_N

Typical random drama and issues arising, I admit I didn't really like the prison parts but I actually enjoyed the mid-season finale though. Sad there is no Jessica at the firm now, but am really excited to see what happens next.

I wonder if there will be reappearances of the prison characters. Kevin will be shown again for sure I think. Probably Frank too. I think Julius could show up as well. Lol

Gonna miss the Queen but the changed dynamic without her to mediate between Harvey and Louis will be interesting. Hopefully she'll pop back in for the series finale. DGAF about Mike.

I was so hoping the would lose the firm and reboot the show into criminal defense. Get it back to the feel good bromance it used to be. It's just drivel now and I don't care about anything it always just works out. I barely got through the season they need to really change it up for me to watch the next.

Agreed, get back to Harvey & Mike kicking asses. Enough of Mike's fraud issues on repeat, resolve it from the prison aspects and move onto new material/events. It's been a good change up through the seasons but getting back to the Harvey and Mike winning show would be real nice.

Top Bottom