• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summary of today's Nintendo meeting

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jonnyram said:
Actually, it's the same as Sony's PS3 estimates.

Thank you Jonnyram for making this thread, it has made my day :) All hail Jonnyram!

ziran said:
yeah, i sneaked in an edit.

Yeah he knicked that in the butt before it took off. That Wii stuff for virtual console is interesting....I am starting to see that Nintendo knows what it is doing this generation. Not that I didn't already see that. Congrats Mr. Iwata.

Jonnyram

Fuzzy said:
We already knew those.
MrRogers2.jpg

lancubap

OK, so we have:

1) Pokémon Battle Revolution for Wii and this could sell huge in Japan, because Pokémon Diamond/Pearl will ship in the same period.

2) Wii's console will generate only a little bit profits, but Nintendo will not sell the machine at loss. (Exaclty like Nintendo DS at first).

3) Nintendo DS's games are selling huge in Japan and Nintendo must increase production form 1.6 millions/month worldwide to 2.2 - 2-4 millions/month worldwide (STRAGULP).

4) Some other details about Opera Browser, Pokémon Diamond/Pearl.

Not bad for a simple meeting.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
No really some mod should put Pokemon and Wii in the title or we'll get 10 threads tomorrow with it in.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Quick and dirty dump of the Famitsu article...
The announcement of the price:September at the release date of Wii. The synchronization of Wii and DS : from 'Pokemon'.
【 Nintendo management policy briefing 】
2006/6/7
- Wii is not the next generation machine.

- President Iwata of Nintendo.

"What should appearance be Wii while the industry is shifting to a portable type?"(president Iwata)

President Iwata analyzes for it to leave the game market untouched by NINTENDO DS appearance and to have shifted a portable game machine from the type hardware to the center. The concept of Wii was said, "Game machine that naturally infiltrated life" basing this.

Nintendo puts 'nintendogs' and 'It is and a forest very stricken' and 'DS training of the adult that strengthens the brain', etc. on the market by NINTENDO DS, and has achieved the game population expansion. This is a result that the title of the idea match is accepted to the market. 「The paradigm shift from past "Processing performance supremacy principle" happened by NINTENDO DS. It thinks this to be an occurrence ..machine (Wii) of leaving untouched... 」Do..generation..word..so far..extension..line..evolution..show..generation..Iwata..president.The tone was strengthened with other hardness , saying that "Make a clear distinction".

- "..hostility of everyone of family.. hardness" and emphasis.

Then, what concrete function is put in Wii because it becomes "..merging in life.. hardness"?Wii hears of the voice "The spec is low" compared with PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. However, "The advance in technology has been only used for a different direction from the route so far" and it refuses ..this.. ..president Iwata... The main body doesn't become obstructive thin, and small though doesn't correspond to HD (high definition) Wii. It is quiet and power consumption is also a little. A wireless controller for whom everyone can intuitively use the new services such as virtual consoles and Wii Connect 24 in the development schedule and above all like the television remote control is a big feature.

「Even I am engineer's fag end. I feel a beautiful screen in the charm very much. However, the size of hardness grows if it starts achieving it, the fan turns annoyingly, the development cost of software soars, and all commodities are made a masterpiece. Service like Wii Connect24 cannot be developed. In short, it is thought that the balance is important. Where is the latest technology turned on, and here is important. 」(same as above)

It is emphasized that choices "Processing performance supremacy principle" dared not to be chosen in developing the next generation machine. Being not able ""Dared" Did not choose" is a big difference. Care about Wii to the end ..going forward as "Heterodoxy child" of the industry.. by an original controller and service.

The concept similarly declares many turn on "It seems to be Wii" title at a main body, a sale, and a simultaneous period on a soft side , saying that "A revolutionary paradigm can shift when it was able to be important to propose the usage in which it is interested respectively of the family, and to achieve it". It seems to prepare beginning that sticks to life that 'DS training of the adult that strengthens the brain' built up the genre of the brain activation though a concrete content was avoided.

- The game of 500 yen and 1000 yen also : in a virtual console. ?

A new remark : about a virtual console to which the eyeball function and the game of Wii are delivered. It is first family computer, Nintendo Super Entertainment System, NINTENDO DS, a game cube, and PC engine. 、A new plan of "It wants the new work of a compact making to play for 500 yen or 1000 yen" (same as above) went out though it had been reported only that a past work of the mega-drive etc. was able to play.

In the basis of this plan, there is thought of president Iwata "I want to put the brake on the flow that all commodities that even forcibly add the mode and sell it for 5800 yen though it is a simple content of the game are made a masterpiece", and a strong desire that a compact price of a compact commodity is put. Various variations seem to arise though the price class of the software of Wii had been assumed to be only 50 dollars or less up to now. Moreover, it seems to step on compact game development when leading to a new creator excavation.

The start time of a virtual console is referred, and it is Mr. Iwata , saying that "It is said to the developer, "Let's start at three seconds" in the inquisitive though it is likely not to go in all the games". It is worth, ends, NINTENDO DS is considered strongly, and this is a glad specification for the user in freedom including play.

- In the synchronization of Wii and DS, 'Pokemon' is the first bounces.

Do it cut against the backdrop of power that NINTENDO DS is ..-.. terrific ..the start dash that Wii is good..?

About the synchronization of Wii and DS that is completely enshrouded to the veil up to now, it is assumed, "I want to make beginning glad when it originally has NINTENDO DS, and there is Wii in the house", makes NINTENDO DS a touch screen controller, and the DS software of the trial version that likens Wii to the DS station in the shop through the download service and the television screen is said that it will think about the playing enhancing element. In addition, a concrete remark also :.

- Sale schedule of soft 'Pocket monster battle Revolution' for Wii within the year.

Soft 'Pocket monster diamond' and 'Pocket monster pearl' for NINTENDO DS of the sale schedule for this autumn are them. It corresponds to the voice chat besides being able to make a user all over the world and the Pokemon done in battle by the Wi-Fi connection correspondence when it explains this software, and to exchange it first of all, evolution dramatic as the game can be played will be accomplished though it is a talk. President Iwata seems to put considerable power , saying that "Because 'Pokemon' is exploded in the form of the height, the Wi-Fi connection has been continued".

It is correct that this software pulls the main body of NINTENDO DS more greatly, and the first bounce title it that synchronizes with Wii very much also obviously :. Pokemons of 2D in hand become 3D very much if software is opened to NINTENDO DS, and exclusive use soft 'Pocket monster battle Revolution' is put in Wii and fighting is started on the television. It is possible to expect it of development only that correspondence to Wi-Fi is thought, and the Pokemon doesn't change from 2D into 3D that seems to be Nintendo. 'Pocket monster battle Revolution' is called a schedule put on the market in winter.

It promises to propose a new game style through the network , saying that "It is thought that the use of the Internet used only to fight is narrow" though it overlapped with the remark with E3 about service "Wii Connect 24" that the continuous connection for 24 hours is kept by the power saving even if the power supply of the main body of Wii is turned off. How are results in the Wi-Fi connection made the best use of?

- A detailed announcement of Wii is September.

And, the price and the release date of Wii about which it is anxious most. This is declared to be "The chance to announce in around September this year is made". It aims at six million hard shipment numbers and soft 17 million pieces this term about the number of the target sales , saying that "It is thought that we are failures if not far selling from the game cube because it was a challenger for ten years".

r4z4

Battle Revolution looks like an upgraded Colloseum, still waiting for a proper mmo type Pokemon game on Wii, I don't think they'd release it this early with Diamon/Pearl being released on DS. If they are even considering a full blown Wii Pokemon game at that.

AniHawk

「Even I am engineer's fag end. I feel a beautiful screen in the charm very much. However, the size of hardness grows if it starts achieving it,

EDIT: Holy shit, Stench. I did NOT see your post. :lol

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Nice, at least the graphics for Pokemon Wii look good, now about the gameplay...

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Jonnyram said:
Thanks Gahiggidy. Looks like I wasted effort in translating it without a machine.
I thought you were there?

Jacobi

Banned
I guess it's Pokemon Stadium all over again, this time online. With some tournaments or a ranking list the Japanese would eat it (I WANT TO BE TEH BEST IN TEH WORLD and so on)

Even a Pokemon Stadium redux has the potential to be awesome with online properly intergrated. A full-scale RPG with online elements or MMO would be awesome-er, though. :(

Terrell

Are those neon lights in the background of that pic? Having large Tokyo-esque metropolitan environments in Battle Revolution would RULE!! As far as I know, such a locale has never been done in a Pokemon game.

And yeah... WOW.

Aurora

Ugh... another Pokémon Stadium type game. Graphics are nice and all, but this formula got boring after Stadium 2.

For ****'s sake Nintendo when will you release a true 3D console Pokémon adventure game.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Aurora said:
Ugh... another Pokémon Stadium type game. Graphics are nice and all, but this formula got boring after Stadium 2.

For ****'s sake Nintendo when will you release a true 3D console Pokémon adventure game.
Pokemon Coloseum kinda says hi.

Terrell

Aurora said:

When Game Freak decides to develop one. If they do a full-on Pokemon adventure game that is faithful to the franchise formula, no one but the game's original developers should be in charge of it. With any luck, Battle Revolution could be a stop-gap solution for the people who want a Pokemon game NOW, while Game Freak etc. are crafting a Pokemon MMO... or something.

Benny008

Gahiggidy said:
[...]

[...]Soft 'Pocket monster diamond' and 'Pocket monster pearl' for NINTENDO DS of the sale schedule for this autumn are them. It corresponds to the voice chat besides being able to make a user all over the world and the Pokemon done in battle by the Wi-Fi connection correspondence when it explains this software, and to exchange it first of all, evolution dramatic as the game can be played will be accomplished though it is a talk. President Iwata seems to put considerable power , saying that "Because 'Pokemon' is exploded in the form of the height, the Wi-Fi connection has been continued".[...]

That´s interesting, isn´t it?
- voice chat
- battles
- trading pokémon
all with WFC??

madara

So is that saying in September we likely get a date or that september is the date now for japan? Rofl at some that translation.

Top Bottom