• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summary of today's Nintendo meeting

Khalid-S

05c55b482e.jpg

Furoba

WiFI/DS connectivity & compatibility/Pokémon/Winter/Voice input

= Winnar

Seriously, seems like Pokémon will be one of the titles spearheading the first attack wave, with titles like Super Mario Galaxy and Animal Crossing Wii following a few months later.

If they are only going to reveal the price/date in September, then Wii is more likely to be released in November and December (worldwide with a maximum difference of 6 weeks)... As long as they have enough units, it's all good.

Aurora

Terrell said:
When Game Freak decides to develop one. If they do a full-on Pokemon adventure game that is faithful to the franchise formula, no one but the game's original developers should be in charge of it. With any luck, Battle Revolution could be a stop-gap solution for the people who want a Pokemon game NOW, while Game Freak etc. are crafting a Pokemon MMO... or something.
That would be grand. I just hope something like that actually happens.

The Pokemon Wii graphics look good. Too bad the game will probably suck. :(

The Pokemon Diamond/Pearl info is great. Autumn in Japan? Voicechat, online...oh yeah. I'll be there.

pitt_norton

So... with this Wii WiFi voice chat feature in Pokemon does that mean I can yell:

"I CHOOSE YOU BULBASAUR! VINE ATTACK!!!"

I certainly hope so.

Matix

pitt_norton said:
So... with this Wii WiFi voice chat feature in Pokemon does that mean I can yell:

"I CHOOSE YOU BULBASAUR! VINE ATTACK!!!"

I certainly hope so.

That would be awesome, ****ing awesome :D :D !!

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
It's hard to tell anything from a screenshot that small but I would like to remind everyone that the first GC Pokémon footage was offline rendered.

ziran

cybamerc said:
It's hard to tell anything from a screenshot that small but I would like to remind everyone that the first GC Pokémon footage was offline rendered.
it may be from a cg movie, but i think people are assuming it's realtime in-game because of the stats at the top of the screen.

also, the release date is a few months after the launch of diamond and pearl, so it must be well into development.

Striek

I'm skeptical of that pic, of course its me looking at the small picture and imagining what it would look like direct-feed and at its native resolution, but it seems to have amazing IQ that hasn't been seen in any game thus far...on any system.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
ziran said:
it may be from a cg movie, but i think people are assuming it's realtime in-game because of the stats at the top of the screen.
It probably looks like crap in its native res anyway. The console Pokémons always do.

ziran

presspicbig8wr.jpg

groudonbig4yp.jpg

pikachubig6jt.jpg

Thanks to neo.

As large as I dare go.

If it is in-game, it does look incredibly hot!

Groudon's never looked better :)

ant1532

Banned
Wow, i still can't believe how good Pokemon ****ing looks.
More pics from previous link
13297_n20060607_08_nintendo01.jpg

"You will say Wow."
13297_n20060607_08_nintendo08.jpg

DuckHunt tech demo

13297_n20060607_08_nintendo07.jpg

Wii Tennis

and some from famitsu
h-103_54485_nintenpoke.jpg.jpg

h-103_54463_wii2.jpg.jpg

h-103_54463_ple.jpg.jpg

r4z4

The day a full blown Wii Pokemon MMO is announced is the day I will be reduced to giggling like a little girl and wetting myself for weeks on end.

MAKE IT HAPPEN NINTENDO!

ant1532

Banned
kibitzer said:
The day a full blown Wii Pokemon MMO is announced is the day I will be reduced to giggling like a little girl and wetting myself for weeks on end.

MAKE IT HAPPEN NINTENDO!
hopefully the Wii one announced today is online. I think Pokemon works best on handhelds

r4z4

ant1532 said:
hopefully the Wii one announced today is online. I think Pokemon works best on handhelds

True the handheld versions rock, but just imagine a full blown 3d world online Pokemon. Online tournaments, events, special pokemon appearances...

You could build your own character, choose a home vilage, an occupation/speciality etc etc... would be amazing.

kibitzer said:

MAKE IT HAPPEN NINTENDO!

We've all been wanting this for years now. Hell make a damn proper console Pokemon game that would be a fupping start.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Holy shit some great stuff going on. So how does one attend these meetings? I'm willing to pay up to nine dollars.

7Th

If those little photographs are something to go by, Pokémon seems to be the best looking Wii game yet. Can't say I complain even if it turns out to be just a next generation Stadium, I never liked the concept of a full-fledged RPG on the series outside of a hand-held.

Beezy

The Pokemon screenshots look great, but I hope there's a decent amount of animation in the game. Pokemon Stadium was the only N64 game I ever sold. It was so boring.

ant1532

Banned
kibitzer said:
True the handheld versions rock, but just imagine a full blown 3d world online Pokemon. Online tournaments, events, special pokemon appearances...

You could build your own character, choose a home vilage, an occupation/speciality etc etc... would be amazing.
true, but I would still rather have all that all on a handheld.. When on a handheld it for some reason gives me more interest, and then mabye to take all the work I've done on the road to the Wii Stadium type game and see it there is what like.:)

Beezy said:
The Pokemon screenshots look great, but I hope there's a decent amount of animation in the game. Pokemon Stadium was the only N64 game I ever sold. It was so boring.

oh man, you serious? Me and my friends had so much ****in fun with that game(Well we were about 9 or 10) But I remember seeing all my stuff I did in the GB version in 3d was awesome. Especially versin my friends on it. Minigames were pretty good too

Lee N

Membre
Paultje said:
h-103_54463_wii2.jpg.jpg

Hmm, is it just me, or is the cable going in to the holder for the Wii ?

It' just you, the Wii is symmetrical and the holder is sloped so that cable is connected to the Wii.

cvxfreak

Damn, pretty nice announcements.

Looks like Pokemon Battle Revolution will be similar to the N64 Stadium games rather than Colosseum. I'm guessing this because unlike Ruby/Sapphire, we'll have a means to get all Pokemon into Diamond and Pearl from the onset.

Trurl

Banned
It's always satisfying to read Nintendo news in the morning.

Nintendo aims to continue the Touch Generations series, with the balance between "non-games" and games being very important to them. Seems they want to get more non-gamers into games gradually - the above stats seem to indicate such a motion.
I really hope that they can get the people buying Brain Training to buy games like Mario as well. Maybe Nintendo should start sneaking small portions of real games into their non-games.

jesusraz said:
Can someone re-host that image, please? Work filters are blocking it... :(

4 million shipped by end of Dec '06 in Japan? Shine Get! :D

I think it's 4 million WW for the calendar year, 6 million total by the end of the fiscal year (March 2007).

Nintendo already gave those figures out before.

Besides 4 million in Japan for the launch window would be *insane*.

ant1532

Banned
Jonnyram said:
You can see the presentation online:
http://www.irwebcasting.com/060607/03/74d18b0400/main/index_hi.htm

It may have the video, I don't know since I don't have my plug-ins setup properly, but on some slides it says "look at the video in the top left".
holy smokes! Woh, thanks a lot, but video isn't working for me either, anyone know what plugin is needed?!?

edit*
Error details says Server is Unavailable or busy right now.

edit 2*
woh. I want this
p41.gif

Top Bottom