• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summary of today's Nintendo meeting

lancubap

TheKingsCrown said:
I'm going to quote myself for dumbness because I'm not sure how exactly what I just said makes sense.

Well, it is true that my english is bad, but at least what I write I understand. :D

Amir0x

Banned
TheKingsCrown said:
I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't just make the DS game the main game and the battles appear on the TV set lols. And the main game will only interact with Wii this way and when it does it will connect to the Wifi and I can battle Amir0x with my Raichu.

i just want a Pokemon MMORPG so I can become a PokePhotographer and take pictures of rare Pokemon having sex.

ziran

PhoenixDark said:
I continue to be baffled over GAF's reaction to this. Sure the graphics look good, but good graphics don't make a good game. Since when have console Pokemon games been decent? Even if this thing was using the freaking UE3.0 I wouldn't be too excited.

Stadium, Colluseum...meh.
while a wii pokémon stadium type isn't the biggest news, as a huge pokémon fan i'm excited because this hopefully means nintendo gets this game out of the way for better home console pokémon games.

also, if the footage is in-game, it looks stunning :O and the models look amazing and as a bonus it's so close to launch so it can only mean even better things for wii sales.

all of which is great :)

Super Mario Galaxy has solid ground textures, so I'm not really worried about that at all.

Once the third parties get final kits with the actual GPU in there, you'll see games with a even bigger jump.

TheKingsCrown said:
I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't just make the DS game the main game and the battles appear on the TV set lols. And the main game will only interact with Wii this way and when it does it will connect to the Wifi and I can battle Amir0x with my Raichu.

I get it and love the idea. If you could get a discount Pokemon Battle Stadium disc for 25-30$ and it would LITERALLY not be its own game, it would only be like an enhanced view of whats happening on the DS. That would be awesome.

GhostSeed said:
This is either going to be the best or worst thing ever.

It's indeed a big unknown. We know the nature of Xbox and PS2 gamers but we have no idea what happens if Nintendo gamers are unleashed in multiplayer games with chat.

ant1532

Banned
Amir0x said:
we still need to see the first jump!
super-mario-galaxy-20060531041732492.jpg

Maybe I sabotage every PS3 thread and start yelling "$600! $600! $600! Sony era AM OVER!"

And "NO JAPANESE SUPPORT FOR YOU XTARDS!"

:lol

That is such a lame shot of Red Steel to show the capabilites of wii. Even in a game like Gears of War, if the player goes up to a dark wall and just looks at it, it won't make for a pretty shot.

....I think we overlook animation and look way too into the significant of a single screen.

r4z4

jarosh said:
i will never ever in my entire life understand how you guys can play a game with this 'thing' in it:

pikachu.gif

never

You get to go round killing them! Can't be that bad.

Amir0x

Banned
underfooter said:
That is such a lame shot of Red Steel to show the capabilites of wii. Even in a game like Gears of War, if the player goes up to a dark wall and just looks at it, it won't make for a pretty shot.

....I think we overlook animation and look way too into the significant of a single screen.

Well Red Steel needs to work on everything, from graphics, to gameplay, to animation... so no worries there!

I think the most exciting part of this meeting is the Wii using the DS touch screen as a controller. At first it doesn't sound like it is exciting news, but than I started thinking about how games that requires a keyboard could use the DS for handwritten text messages. In fact, the opera browser could benefit from this feature the most.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
ant1532 said:

:/

I continue to be flabbergasted by Nintendo's decisions. Didn't anyone over at Kyoto think even for a moment what a real Pokemon game could do for a console? Sigh...

jarosh

underfooter said:

plus, that's a target render. really, it is. amir0x was right.

Fuzzy said:
Which means the 20% figure earlier doesn't make sense. :(

There is something wrong about what they said...

8,5 mln DS sold in Japan

AC 32% it's ok, 2,7mln is the total reported by Famitsu
nSMB 20% means 1,7 mln

but...

they also say Mario Kart is 23%, but MK is only 1,3mln sold according to both Famitsu and MediaCreate

i think 1,2mln for nSMB is the truth, even if it's a huge drop since first week

in few hours we'll know the truth, MC chart is coming :)

Jonnyram

Sorry... the %s were "% of people who bought non-game that also went on to buy real game". i.e. 20% of all the people who bought brain training bought NSMB.

Amir0x said:
I think you should reconsider getting personal.

I'm sorry, but you've been a complete ass for the last few weeks and have ruined basically every thread you come into.

It's an honest observation, if it hurts your feelings or you're going to run and "tell" on me ... quite frankly my dear, I don't give a crap.

Amir0x

Banned
soundwave05 said:
I'm sorry, but you've been a complete ass for the last few weeks and have ruined basically every thread you come into.

It's an honest observation, if it hurts your feelings or you're going to run and "tell" on me ... quite frankly my dear, I don't give a crap.

Tell on you? I can just ban if I like. I was just giving you a friendly warning - ad hominen attacks are against the TOS, and if you want to stick around you should simply stay on point. I certainly had no intent to insult you, or get personal.

I apologize if you dislike factual observations about Wii's technical capabilities, but this isn't the soundwave05 show. Room for all sides.

Amir0x

Banned
I didn't ban ant, and I don't think it was for this.

Also if you're a dual account for ant, you better admit it now or you're gonna get permed.

yoopoo said:
What guys? Its mostly a guy, Amir0x. Dude needs to get new material.

I think you people have misinterpreted Amir0x's comments on a Drinky Crow level.

Edit: Runs away from the eye of death that is focusing upon the dual user

Top Bottom