• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psycho-Pass: The Movie

Well I'm LTTP here apparently, anyways little quick impressions. I enjoyed the movie more than I did Season 2, but the plot leaves alot to be desired as
essentially nothing changed from the ending of Season 1 or Season 2.

Aside from that, the return of Kougami was great and the action scenes were entertaining, also, major goosebumps in hearing Season 1's ED song in the movie. Oh and Engrish all over this movie too.

But yeah, I've a feeling this series is going to be milked dry.... and I'll probably still watch it.

jonjonaug

Psycho-Pass: The Movie

Well I'm LTTP here apparently, anyways little quick impressions. I enjoyed the movie more than I did Season 2, but the plot leaves alot to be desired as
essentially nothing changed from the ending of Season 1 or Season 2.

Aside from that, the return of Kougami was great and the action scenes were entertaining, also, major goosebumps in hearing Season 1's ED song in the movie. Oh and Engrish all over this movie too.

But yeah, I've a feeling this series is going to be milked dry.... and I'll probably still watch it.

It's interesting to compare season 2 to the movie. They both have a heavier action focus than the original story, but the film has an original plot while season 2 (poorly) hits most of the same plot beats as season 1.

As for being milked dry: It's straight one of the most popular shows on the noitamina block, and the most popular one where making additional sequels makes sense. The movie did pretty well, so a season 3 or another movie probably isn't out of the question.

Branduil

Guin Saga 1-2

https://twitter.com/Branduil/status/634711751972421632
CM70r0WXAAAcLPl.jpg:large

http://webmup.com/7e3bf/vid.webm
CM_bad6XAAA1_3R.jpg:large

CM_hLfSWUAAZGwF.jpg:large

They weren't kidding when they called this the Star Wars of Japan.

Classroom Crisis 8

What's the point of having a villian if all he's going to do is bitch for a while until he turns into a good guy because of the power of friendship

In the end Nagisa is probably going to take everything over with the help of our guys in the class, then he's going to turn the company into a place with zero corruption where everyone can train their skills at A-TEC, Yay! Friendship!!

Also all the classmates are bullies, I can't help but feel that they deserved everything bad that happens to them, especially since they actually have the abilities to fix everything, they just didn't do it because they were lazy or something.

Wow, that trailer for Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans does not imbue me with confidence in its quality.

Maybe it's because it doesn't look like a Gundam show. It looks like it's gonna be a reasonably serious show, based on it setting.

So why do the characters look like third rate mecha show rejects?

phaze

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 12-13 END
I actually somewhat enjoyed that last episode. It was more in the vein of what I wanted and expected this series to be: stupid plot twists, general hilarious edginess and people dying left and right. It still was disgustingly subdued in terms of gore, I expected more from creator of Elfen Lied. ;_; That vague ending on the other hand is awfully similar to EL's.

It still, despite the more entertaining last quarter, is one of the worst shows that I have seen but at least it has the decency to off itself within 13 episodes. God bless short lived manga ads.

i'm really liking ushio to tora now, at first it was just charming, now I'm pretty invested in it and am really looking forward to exploring the plot points, hopefully next episode we really get into it.

Razmos

Symphogear GX episode 8: Most of this episode was pretty boring honestly. It was obvious Hibiki's dad was gonna be trash, and I wouldn't be surprised if Hibiki's angst over this causes her to lapse into Berserker mode and tear him apart.

It was funny watching everyone playing "Who's more to blame" with Kirika and Shirabe blaming each other (and themselves for feeling so weak), Hibiki saying "Nah, it's actually my fault" and then Miku saying it was HER fault for setting up the meeting with Hibiki's dad in the first place.

The episode picked up majorly with Leiur's little sister reappearing and a cool dual dark-transformation. The ensuing fight was probably one of the best in the series so far.
The 2 weakest Symphogear users against the strongest of the Autoscorers (who actually powered up for the fight)

That final execution move was BRILLIANT. It's worth noting that Kirika and Shirabe despite being the weakest were the only ones capable of using the IGNITE model on the first try. And it's also worth noting that
the 2 autoscorers with the most screentime are now dead, which leaves the other 3 to get some more attention (yes 3, i'm including Leiur's sister)

I thought they were going to kiss multiple times in this episode, but eh.

And of course in true symphogear fashion we get our crazy cliffhanger.
Carol's back, and she can see through Elfnein's eyes. And is it just me or is Elfnein suddenly looking more sinister?

Ok l'll tell you. You were dead wrong to assume to premise and watch only the first episode to give a quick judgement. Alot of people enjoy the show because of the one sided slaughter,culture shock and also because MC went against the standard expectations of what people like you who thought what he would be. He have never shown any interest to any of the girls nor got into any typical situations which is hardly in it.

I didn't even notice it was 2-cour until you said that... Sweet, something that I can definitely watch this fall if it stays on the path it's on.

Not that it matters that much, but MAL does not list it as harem or romance at all, so..

It is basically a Japanese Stargate. Which may be why I like it so much, as I miss Stargate (or at least the early seasons). Though Itani is a bit different from Jack.
Cool stuff thanks guys. Saturdays are a bit too crammed for me and by the time I finish work, housekeeping and all that I only really have time to watch the stuff from that day before I go to bed. I will however maybe watch it again on Sunday, since there's no God Eater and all.

Aoharu x Machinegun Episode 8 – What Controls Your Mind Now

Kind of lewd when he was on mattsun sticking his gun in him multiple times, and then squirming all around. Incredible.

Surprised Hotaru lost, thought that unleashed mode would have assured victory

Cornbread78

Cool stuff thanks guys. Saturdays are a bit too crammed for me and by the time I finish work, housekeeping and all that I only really have time to watch the stuff from that day before I go to bed. I will however maybe watch it again on Sunday, since there's no God Eater and all.

The normal Sat., lol. Family duties all day, then a mad rush to try to watch the kazillion shows that launch on Saturday.

Mandelbo

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 12-13 END

I actually somewhat enjoyed that last episode. It was more in the vein of what I wanted and expected this series to be: stupid plot twists, general hilarious edginess and people dying left and right. It still was disgustingly subdued in terms of gore, I expected more from creator of Elfen Lied. ;_; That vague ending on the other hand is awfully simial to EL's.

It still, despite the more entertaining last quarter, is one of the worst shows that I have seen but at least it has the decency to off itself within 13 episodes. God bless short lived manga ads.

I find it funny how the Elfen Lied anime ends literally where the actual meat of the story starts in the manga. The show aired about a year before the manga concluded, and there are one or two elements that are shared between both the endings
although Kouta, understandably, gets a lot more angry in the manga when Lucy reveals that she killed his family.
The manga's ending is a lot more conclusive overall, even if there are still a few contrivances.

The normal Sat., lol. Family duties all day, then a mad rush to try to watch the kazoo lion shows that launch on Saturday.
Ever since I joined the thread I always try my best to watch the episodes on the same day so I can contribute with my own thoughts on them. Sometimes it can get quite hectic lol

Phatmac

Best girl Rory shitting on the Diet member was pretty amazing. Probably the best scene of the series so far. Our lord can also be cute by clinging to Itami during the train ride. The race for best girl of the season/year is over! ALL HAIL RORY!!

ants everywhere in this god damn apartment thanks to mom's 'gift' that kept on giving.

And then I finally get rid of most of them and spray insecticide around the home and no animu of mine has aired yet.

Today is the hitler of weekends.

Charlotte 08

Well that was easy, just singing a song in bad engrish will cure every psychological illness, is this the work of an enemy stand?

Probably since she's sketchy as fuck

Jarmel

Banned
Yoshida needs to work with better directors and writers too. It's been too long since E7. :(

Speaking of Eureka Seven, duckroll do you have a list of any English translated interviews pertaining to the show?

This isn't just for duckroll btw, if anyone has any old in-depth articles, please post them.

Durarara!! X2 The Second Arc Episode 20 – Mouth of Honey, a Needle in the Heart
CNB1v4oWwAAhTh3.png

Outside fighting with Izaya and co was funny. Izaya reconfirmed for second best character, can his plotting get even better than this and even involving key characters. Great. I think the best moment was the huge reveal and the moments leading up to it.
had guessed that that was what happened

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Charolette Episode 8:

Wow, this was pretty bloody awful yet thankfully it at least had forward progression instead of going back to formula. Still, this series just can't come to terms with the fact the Yuu as a comedy babyface sucks on toast and that will always be the case.

Feltrol

Banned
Charlotte 8

Good episode, overall. They could've used more time if they didn't spend it on Yusarin.

By the way, looks like Yuu and Nao's (romantic) relationship may be starting to develop. Next week sure is gonna play a role on this!

Phatmac

Doesn't this only have like 11-12 episodes overall? Why waste our time with this padding episode instead of trying to finish the story off with a conclusion arc? What the hell this was just bad when compared to last week.

Shokugeki no Soma 20

They're doing a far better job of making all the students feel competitive in the prelims then they ever did in the manga which makes this more exciting despite already know who's going to win. I remember the next part dragging in the manga and it looks like it might drag as well in the anime
I'm very worried that 3 of the 4 final episodes will be spent on introducing each characters dish and the various judge reactions to them

Charlotte 8
They go right from dark and edgy drama right into a wacky comedy episode. This would be particularly jarring if you watched the past two episodes back to back, but poorly executed tonal shifts are a Maeda staple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom