• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I once watched a video of a hanging goosefish preparation. All of the comments were Tadokoro related.

Ascheroth

Durararararararararararararara x2 - 21
Flashback time!
Was feeling sorry for that Nakura guy for being exploited to the max by Izaya at the beginning, but next scene and I think he deserves all the shit he gets.

Charlotte - 9
Flashback time!
Very interesting episode that explains a lot of stuff. Probably would have been more wowed if I didn't read the Charlotte OT. Damn you guys and your terribly accurate predicitons!
Jokes aside, I enjoyed this a lot. Although I have to agree that the pacing is somewhat weird.
And most of those songs were terrible. Thank god they had the decency to only use short bits of them.

phaze

Shimoneta 09
0100238yb60.jpg

Fairly middling ep but the small touches like the DBZ aura during Ora Ora sequence or Kosuri's hair at the end were pretty funny.

Mushishi Zoku Shou 11-12
010045oil0h.jpg

dawww He even thought about her during his last moments. My shipper heart can rest at ease now.

The longer runtime gave this one opportunity to go a bit beyond the usual formula, tie back to some earlier developments as well as highlight the fucked up measures certain mushishi resort to. I can't say I can blame the newly introduced guy for being resentful but maybe that
continuous ire of his is a sign that he is still himself. Despite all the soul switcheroo going on.
Glad to see more of Tanya. Ginko's flashback renews my hope of seeing more of the Mushi responsible for his hair and eye colour.

Gvitor

Charlotte 09

That was a damn good episode. Only ruined by all the engrish. Seriously, when will they stop using VAs that don't speak english? Either hire some that do, or don't use english in it altogether.

Rokka 9

Current Suspect/Cleared list with % chance of being the 7th

Suspects
Mora: 70% (Her unnatural thought process that Adlet must be the 7th no matter what really isn't helping her chances.)
Nashetania: 25% (While nothing incriminating as of late, she still feels really off and her unnatural obsession with Adlet being innocent no matter what is a bit odd.)
Goldof: 5% (Still don't trust the guy, but looking less likely he is the 7th.)

Cleared
Chamot (Just a psychopath, not the 7th.)
Hans (Even with what Nash said this episode, I find it hard to still suspect the guy. I can't see how not killing the Adlet and go into hiding with Adlet's body wouldn't best solution for him.
Flamey (To many chances to kill Adlet.)
Adlet (Is the MC)

Rokka 9

Well, I think this episode should have the final piece of important info for figuring out how Adlet was set up. It's fun seeing the speculation when you know the right answer

Charlotte 9

This might be the first episode I didn't have trouble with, as it was entertaining and it's setting up an actual story that lord knows this show needed.

I guess the downside is that
the sister will come back to life.

Also I'm genuinely surprised the
older brother didn't end up being a villain.
it looked like such an obvious trope.

e_i

Charlotte episode 9

Shit got real. Also, Nao's outfit is really cute. I really don't understand the style of wearing two tank tops on top of each other,

Mik317

Gatchaman Crowds Insite 8

well that took awhile to get to where I expected it to go..but it got there. I really have enjoyed this show so far and I hope the "villain" here goes the way I expect it to go as it would be neat.

Tsubasa is definitely the weak link tho. Her just going along with everything and ignoring that Gel is fucking himself up feels kinda contrived and makes her look really stupid. I see it is setting it up as a character growth moment but come on. Hajime's truthfactz tho.

I hope shit finally truly hits the fan, was a bit let down by the initial cop out at the start of this episode before I saw where it was going. I just hope they don't cop out at the end.

How long is this season going to be? 13?

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 08

Didn't really expect that twist from the Kuu guys. They are still pretty creepy though, I guess anything that says "IT WILL ALL BE OKAY IF WE JUST BECOME ONE" will be disturbing. The ominous nature of this season has now reached its peak, there's no hiding that bad shit is going to happen next episode. That was never really a mystery though, the mystery was how, not when.

People seem to except shit way too easily in this universe.

Gvitor

Rokka 09

Well, I guess Chamot has been cleared.

I still don't buy Maura as the seventh, if only for her remark about the petals in the Brave mark. That leaves Goldov or Nachetanya. Like I said before, if Goldov is the one, I believe the excuse would be something like "I want to be by the princess' side", but that was too much of a convoluted plan for that reason alone, so now I believe the seventh has to be on the evil side for this to be interesting. Plus Goldov barely had any lines through the entirety of the show, so it would be a boring reveal if they don't fix this soon.

This week my money is on Nachetanya.

kewlmyc

The stamp sheet that came with the first movie had 5 slots on it. I wonder if they really are planning on doing the Answer. They haven't said that the 4th one is the final one, have they?

Rokka 09

Good episode. It's nice to see Chamot get her ass kicked after claiming to be undefeated. And Flamie is finally showing some dere as well. Bunny and her manservant both continue to be boring as hell, and Maura continues to be shady as hell. Looking forward to next episode.

Charlotte 09

Called this episode being a flashback.
Yu is shown to be way more overpowered that we initially though. He's pretty much Rogue and can use the powers he gains to their max potential? Plus he can time travel maybe if he got the power from his brother then. Lol at Yu getting jealous at Nao being into his older brother. I hope they don't focus on that. This show has enough going on without stupid love triangles.
Looking forward to next episode way more than I have the previous episodes.

It'll be hilarious to see reactions if Rokka ends on the cliffhanger of *big spoilers*
Rolonia showing up

Dude stop.

Qurupeke

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 8

I really love the whole build up to this exact moment. You have the CROWDS conflict at first and Gel's arrival. Eventually, this leads to elections and Gel becoming the president. After that, we see his work and in the end it's Kuu-sama's birth and even tough they seem good at first, their true nature is eventually revealed. It's kind of annoying that this took so much time, but at least it's finally paying off.

Kuu-sama is so creepy. People really become apes if they're not able to realize that... At least everyone other than Rui (and maybe Pai Pai) seemed cautious so they'll probably be on full force in the next episode. Hajime and Katze are still the ones more aware of the whole situation, I loved they way she handled Kuu-sama during their chat.

Also, I was expecting Kuu-sama to absorb people by hugging them, not eating them. lol

How long is this season going to be? 13?

It's 12 episodes.

Rokka the Casbah 9

Get fucking rekt Chamot.

Also god damn
just when Hans had been given role of best bro, he gets persuaded again into thinking Adlet might be the seventh by blue haired douchebag saint. At least he's not aiding them in hunting down Adlet. And the bunny princess continues to prove why she's the most likely suspect

Charlotte 09

This episode really should have come a lot earlier, especially since they're trying to introduce all these new characters at once. Not to mention how irrelevant both Takajo and Yusa both have become.

I actually did like this episode, but the pacing in this show is a mess. And this is after they supposedly said they would learn from the mistaken pacing of Angel Beats.

Squalor

Another really strong episode of Ushio to Tora.

I like how they organically progressing Tora's character. Tora from a couple episodes ago would have blown up about how he'd been sealed in a basement for longer than that woman, haha. He's learning to pick his battles.

Ushio continues to get wrecked in the face of actually strong enemies. He's going to need to start doing some actual training. He really did have a good-for-nothing father.

Ugh, I need this Rokka no Yuusha in my life. These black-out parts are enticing me so much.

Russ T

Banned
Rokka 09

Nice to see Chamot get destroyed. I love watching Adlet fight other humans, he's such a trickster.

I really hope the seventh ain't Goldov. the dude still has no characteristics other than mad crushin' on Nachetanya. It'll feel like such a copout if it is him.

RIght now feelin' like it's gonna be Maura, but I could also see it being Nachetanya.

---

I'm relatively new to this thread. What's the etiquette on spoilers? I see some people talking willy-nilly about an episode without spoilers (doesn't really bother me, just an observation) and some people spoil their whole initial post about an episode.

Qurupeke

Not to mention how irrelevant both Takajo and Yusa both have become.

Yusarin is like the most pointless character in the show. The only good thing she has done is... emotional support? And why did she even get to be on the main team? At least Takajo has a nice and (somewhat) helpful ability and he's a school buddy to Yuu.

Rokka 09

Nice to see Chamot get destroyed. I love watching Adlet fight other humans, he's such a trickster.

I really hope the seventh ain't Goldov. the dude still has no characteristics other than mad crushin' on Nachetanya. It'll feel like such a copout if it is him.

RIght now feelin' like it's gonna be Maura, but I could also see it being Nachetanya.

---

I'm relatively new to this thread. What's the etiquette on spoilers? I see some people talking willy-nilly about an episode without spoilers (doesn't really bother me, just an observation) and some people spoil their whole initial post about an episode.

It entirely depends honestly. There have been instances of people posting images of what happened in an episode and reacting like crazy. I'd say more often than not try to spoiler anything major that happened that episode but the occasional out of context line shouldn't be an issue. As to images that's up to you, depending on the show it might piss off people if many are watching it.

Yusarin is like the most pointless character in the show. The only good thing she has done is... emotional support? And why did she even get to be on the main team? At least Takajo has a nice and (somewhat) helpful ability and he's a school buddy to Yuu.

I actually think she's worse than pointless, since her existence actively made Takajo a worse character ever since joining them.

I actually think she's worse than pointless, since her existence actively made Takajo a worse character ever since joining them.

^^^^

the necessity for the author to have slapstick humor ruined a character that had so much potential in episode 1. Now that he's an obsessed otaku I want him to die. Such a tiresome trope.

phaze

It's kinda dense in its presentation to the point that I still have trouble placing some scenes chronologically even after seeing it half a dozen times.

Yeah, it's certainly isn't very afraid of dumping a lot on the viewer. Though I imagine my very, very light familiarity with the Rourouni Kenshin proper plays its part too. Third ep felt a lot bit better as far as the pace goes but there was still loads of that franticness in the 2nd one. The relentless jumping between the scenes, sneaking in pointless 0.3 second long background shot; occasionally even the panning speed of the camera rubbed me the wrong way. -_-

DiGiKerot

I always err on the side of caution when it comes to spoilers, because not everyone has the time to watch everything the second it airs (I'm normally way behind on anything that doesn't air on a weekend myself), and having to click on some/tap some black bars doesn't feel like a particularly onerous action.

I don't hate the character, but Yusarin feels about as cynical as Girls Dead Monster did in Angel Beats, only with idols instead of Hokago Tea Time, and far less decent music to placate me into finding it acceptable.

Squishy3

I typically spoiler tag actual thoughts about what happens in a given episode, but will post generic thoughts about the episode outside of the tags as well. It all depends on the nature of the show, as well, for me, anyway.

I don't feel inclined to use spoiler tags for say, something like My Love Story (which I really need to catch up on) where the enjoyment derived from watching the show isn't the plot but the interactions between the characters.

Depends on how old something is, too. I doubt many people are going to get mad about Eva spoilers at this point, for example.

If the episode is out on Crunchyroll, I see no reason to censor information.

I think the difference between this and the rules of say a show OT is that the show OT you are expected to participate and have watched the show. In this all encompassing Anime thread, somebody might be waiting to watch a show until the end so they can binge it but they want to be part of the community

I think the difference between this and the rules of say a show OT is that the show OT you are expected to participate and have watched the show. In this all encompassing Anime thread, somebody might be waiting to watch a show until the end so they can binge it but they want to be part of the community

Or you know, just not be able to watch everything the second it goes up.

Squalor

Depends on how old something is, too. I doubt many people are going to get mad about Eva spoilers at this point, for example.
Snape kills Shinji.
It's pretty easy to avoid one since just about everyone puts the show and episode number in bolds to start the post, or there's a non-spoiler introduction, like my other post, before any spoiler-like information.

Russ T

Banned
Differing opinions! Well, I'll probably just continue to spoiler mark stuff, since it's easy enough to do and it definitely seems like some people would prefer that. Thanks!

Or you know, just not be able to watch everything the second it goes up.

Snape kills Shinji.

It's pretty easy to avoid one since just about everyone puts the show and episode number in bolds to start the post, or there's a non-spoiler introduction, like my other post, before any spoiler-like information.

Differing opinions! Well, I'll probably just continue to spoiler mark stuff, since it's easy enough to do and it definitely seems like some people would prefer that. Thanks!

You might not realize what you are reading if say you're browsing around and somebody quotes an excerpt of a review or a conversation dealing with the show.

The point is though, the community is somewhat expected to follow decent spoiler etiquette in general. All it takes is an extra like 5 seconds to put the spoiler tags.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Gatchaman Crowds Insight Episode 8

Wouldn't just be easier to give up and become one?

John Blade

Well....just starting watching Ghost Stories and wow...the show really bad but save from the dub. Keep on watching it as I need a comedy anime right now.

javac

I doubt anybody reads my impressions on these old ass shows, but I enjoy writing them anyways. When talking about episodes I generally write something like: "In Episode 4, the main character goes on a trip and meets an old friend along the way, but at what first starts off as a chance encounter ends up being more than that by the end". Do people enjoy those types of descriptions when talking about a show or should I not bother? I feel that its not really spoliery but still gives you a taste of what to expect, no different to a blurb I guess. In that sense, if you want to go in 100% free of any exposure you can just skip it outright, although screenshots might prevent that, but even then I generally try to make them as inconspicuous as possible, although I admit that I can take loads of them and it can be overwhelming, as you can see by my post above :$

I generally don't like going into details too much although there's value in postmortems and dissections of episodes/shows/films.

I doubt anybody reads my impressions on these old ass shows, but I enjoy writing them anyways.

You'd be surprised, I read pretty much everything unless it's a show I'm interested that I want to avoid spoilers for, or just spoilers in general. There are also a ton of lurkers, they have to be doing something.

Ascheroth

Personally I always try to word my impressions in a way those who watched it know what I'm talking about, while for those who didn't it doesn't spoil anything reading it. Really specific stuff goes into spoiler tags. No idea if I'm succeeding with that, tough :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Proto Society is really good. Nice riff on Pale Coccoon.

javac

You'd be surprised, I read pretty much everything unless it's a show I'm interested that I want to avoid spoilers for, or just spoilers in general. There are also a ton of lurkers, they have to be doing something.

I guess so, although that gives me stage fright :p. People shouldn't take my writing seriously, its all bad.

oh boy spoiler culture

What do you mean by this? I just don't want to spoil the experience for people I guess, but at the same time I want to give some content for people who are on the fence to take a peek at so they can make their own decision as to if it's a show they'd enjoy or not, or to grab the attention from people who don't want to watch the show/has no interest in said show. I guess in that sense I don't intent to write dissections and analysis. In any case, and as you can tell I refrain from the breaded DREADED black bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom