• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really agree with that notion
The series for one is pushing too hard towards that fact which leads me to think at this point her being the fake is a red herring. Other then the fact that she really thinks Adlet is guilty of being the 7th nothing she's done is particularly suspicious in how she's acted since Hans accusation of Adlet. None of the evidence presented to her has convinced her Adlet is innocent due to the flaws in his current line of thinking so it's very logical for her to assume he's attempting to manipulate them. The real 7th brave IS trying to do that, Maura is just your classic cop who's stuck on the wrong guy making things more difficult for the detective to actually solve the case.

If the plan was to frame a real brave as the 7th and also trap the braves in the barrier so they can't go on their quest Maura would have set things up to frame Hans as he's the one she was with leading up to the temple. We've seen no evidence that she had the time to set up the locked room scenario nor evidence that could lead to her framing Adlet. The only character who could have set things up to frame Adlet is Nachentanya.
I get what you mean when you say my choice is too obvious and easy to figure out, but I think on the other side the show may be smart enough to do a double crossing on us. As in "let's make it look a bit obvious so that they think it's too easy of a choice to overlook and think it's someone else" kind of thing. I'll be honest, I am suspicious of them both, but the way the show has been I feel like it could go either way. Are we being tricked into thinking the obvious choice isn't the right one? Or maybe it is someone that we are completely overlooking? Imagine if it really was Adlet. Just how fucking crazy would that be. I'm super excited with this show every week, simply because I just don't know who the culprit is.

I recently finished Mushishi Zoku-Shou, and I'm sad to say I was kind of disappointed with it.

The original series is my default answer to the question "What is your favorite anime?" I fucking love it. It does everything right for me. Everything!

Maybe that's why I'm sorta down on Zoku-Shou?

My problem is basically: it kind of fails a lot of times during the second half at showing Ginko as someone who sympathizes with the mushi... Instead, it's just a very formulaic thing. Some people have a problem -> Ginko shows up -> Ginko helps temporarily, sometimes leaves to come back another day -> problem grows worse -> Ginko helps permanently, and sometimes doesn't succeed in the best way but sometimes does.

I admit I haven't finished Zoku Sho (to my shame), but in broad terms that framework could describe most (not all) episodes of Mushishi in both the original series and the new series. Most of the stories are centered around some sort of mushi-related problem; that's just how the series is built. It's a broad enough framework and there's enough variety in how the individual stories work themselves out that I don't think it becomes rote, at least in what I've seen.

ibyea

Banned
Space Battleship Yamato 2199: 21-26 End
Fantastic show overall, a few crappy CG here and there asides. Quiet an emotional ending there too,
with the crew returning to Earth, Okita dying, Kodai dealing with Mori's death, and then Mori's revival. The revival, while cliched, at least the McGauffin they got was already advertised to be a Deux Ex Machina machine so I will let that go.

I get what you mean when you say my choice is too obvious and easy to figure out, but I think on the other side the show may be smart enough to do a double crossing on us. As in "let's make it look a bit obvious so that they think it's too easy of a choice to overlook and think it's someone else" kind of thing. I'll be honest, I am suspicious of them both, but the way the show has been I feel like it could go either way. Are we being tricked into thinking the obvious choice isn't the right one? Or maybe it is someone that we are completely overlooking? Imagine if it really was Adlet. Just how fucking crazy would that be. I'm super excited with this show every week, simply because I just don't know who the culprit is.

I guess that's possible if Adlet is some kind of sleeper agent who himself doesn't realize he's a fake though I doubt such a twist would have any barring on what's going on with the locked room trap the group currently find themselves in. If Adlet himself was the knowing fake there would be no reason for him to go off on his own to the temple and attempt to blow open the door which would lead to him being suspected by everyone. Someone clearly set up Adlet to take the fall to hide their own intrusion into the group or to set things up so that by the time they were discovered a few real braves would knock each other off.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I recently finished Mushishi Zoku-Shou, and I'm sad to say I was kind of disappointed with it.
There's still some good episodes, but most of the really strong content found its way into the first series. Mushi-shi is pretty unambitious with how it plumbs folklore, so at a certain point the lack of connective tissue within the world and cast leaves a heavy repetition that frankly just becomes a bore. I think it's pretty telling that outside of Ginko the recurring characters in Mushi-shi are some of the weakest in the series.

Cornbread78

Shimoneta ep.9
Anna is such an erotica psycho and it's fun to watch her lose her shit each week. The new penis haired girl is a douche in contrast by one again, proving she is a hindrance and useless..

The showdown next week should be interesting though.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G Episode 37 (engdub)
CNn6kW0WcAAAP8a.png

Draw practice with Kamui was way better than this STAND practice. At least drawing was relevant, I dont see how a push up helps with STAND.

Good episode of United Sanctuary.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199: 21-26 End
Fantastic show overall, a few crappy CG here and there asides. Quiet an emotional ending there too,
with the crew returning to Earth, Okita dying, Kodai dealing with Mori's death, and then Mori's revival. The revival, while cliched, at least the McGauffin they got was already advertised to be a Deux Ex Machina machine so I will let that go.

Watch the movie.

Squishy3

I need to get around to watching Yamato. It's in my backlog. Almost done catching up on Gintama (I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Only 3 episodes left!) and then maybe I'll watch it.

I have like 7 episodes of Gintama left. I won't even know what to do in my post-Gintama watching. Probably just watch some random garbage like Senran Kagura or Gundam 0083

I have like 7 episodes of Gintama left. I won't even know what to do in my post-Gintama watching. Probably just watch some random garbage like Senran Kagura or Gundam 0083

Time to take up a new challenge.

Urusei Yatsura.

Who am I kidding, MGS V is out in like two days, I'm not gonna be watching shit except cutscenes

From the sound of it, you won't have too many cutscenes to watch.

From the sound of it, you won't have too many cutscenes to watch.

listening to cassettes*

After beating MGS4 two weeks ago I am 100% fine on that, cut that bloat.

Ok thinking about Peace Walker's mess of a story maybe I am not fine on that, not to keen on audio logs being integral to the story, i dunno which one sucks less though

Shin Mazinger Z. For the love of mecha watch Shin Mazinger Z.

Have some Imagawa goodness.

I probbaly should watch that at some point

Narag

Hidamari Sketch x365 7
I adore the production values this season but the scattershot presentation of each episode's plot threads still leaves the show as something might reference as footnotes of that first season.

That said, what's in room 203!?!

Military! 1-13
miyazaki.gif

Mushishi 12
Best origin story I never knew I wanted. Holy shit.

Actually some people told me the cutscenes in MGSV are thankfully brief in comparison with the rest of the series. Longest ones are like 10 minutes long according to people over in the gaming section.

MGS4 and it terribly overdrawn story can fuck off.

Also, I find myself strangely looking forward to this week's episode of Arslan. It's a show that I strangely haven't enjoyed mostly, but I wanna see where it goes.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Actually some people told me the cutscenes in MGSV are thankfully brief in comparison with the rest of the series. Longest ones are like 10 minutes long according to people over in the gaming section.
Uh, I think you're getting memed on.

wonzo

Banned

Ok thinking about Peace Walker's mess of a story maybe I am not fine on that, not to keen on audio logs being integral to the story, i dunno which one sucks less though
theyre less audiologs and more codec discussions you can listen to while playing

Squishy3

at least you can play while listening to them instead of staring at the face of whoever you're listening to

Honestly next thing I watch will probably be Utena, Hyouka or Monogatari.

theyre less audiologs and more codec discussions you can listen to while playing

at least you can play while listening to them instead of staring at the face of whoever you're listening to

That part I am totally into, especially it being a huge open world game. As long as the subtitles don't get all wonky between the tape audio and other audio.

The only problem with that that I've heard is that when you're listening to a tape while playing and someone happens to call you, they'll talk right over the tape, which is a bit unfortunate.

one of these things does not belong

Bakemonogatari is good! (barring the snake arc)

Russ T

Banned
I admit I haven't finished Zoku Sho (to my shame), but in broad terms that framework could describe most (not all) episodes of Mushishi in both the original series and the new series. Most of the stories are centered around some sort of mushi-related problem; that's just how the series is built. It's a broad enough framework and there's enough variety in how the individual stories work themselves out that I don't think it becomes rote, at least in what I've seen.

No, you're right, I didn't do a good job of explaining my issues. The episodes I don't like focus much more on the random people's problems than on Ginko actually solving said problem and the struggle he has of actually wanting to preserve the mushi. If that makes sense.

There's still some good episodes, but most of the really strong content found its way into the first series. Mushi-shi is pretty unambitious with how it plumbs folklore, so at a certain point the lack of connective tissue within the world and cast leaves a heavy repetition that frankly just becomes a bore. I think it's pretty telling that outside of Ginko the recurring characters in Mushi-shi are some of the weakest in the series.

Yeah, I mean, I don't mind most of the recurring characters, but those aren't the strongest episodes, either. Well, actually, the one I like is the collector guy. I always like seeing him, but he doesn't show up much (at all?) in Zoku-Shou.

"Drifters" Anime Staff Listed

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure/Stardust Crusaders series director Kenichi Suzuki helms the production with Hideyuki Kurata (Grisaia, Maria the Virgin Witch, Nanana, The World Only God Knows) writing series composition and Yousuke Yuroda (High School of the Dead, Gundam 00). Ryouji Nakamori (Hellsing OVA, Bleach) is handling character design and serving as chief animation director.

Never read this series but might be cool. Hellsing is alright, maybe this will be too.

Syrinx

Hidamari Sketch x365 whatever-END (incl. specials)

I pickd this back up after putting it aside for whatever reason, but it was long enough that I watched Yuno get attacked by pigeons twice (which I didn't mind).

As Narag points out the production values were better this season (couldnt directly compare since its been a while since I last saw the first season). And I do overall think it is an improvement. This show is at its best when it's SHAFTing it up to all hell. I do think that it could do more with its side characters the other students. The only other one that reallyh gets any attention is Natsume

Next season I see that Chiaki Omigawa appears so thats cool.

JulianImp

@Rokka speculation: I think the show has tried hard enough to be a fair play mystery, so things such as random sleeper agents or multiple characters lying would be against the rules.

それじゃ、ゲームを始まりマス。
  • The existence of an eight person that's an accomplice to the fake brave but hasn't even been introduced yet would void Knox's 1st, turning this into an unfair mystery
  • The fake brave is the only character that would gain anything from lying, so if two or more characters confirm the same thing then we can take it as a fact, but only as long as they're sure of it rather than being somewhat sure and prodded to confirm something by another character's claims
  • By virtue of the above, we can confirm that the temple was a perfectly closed room before Adlet bombed the entrance
  • Also, multiple characters confirmed that the barrier could create a closed circle, so no characters may leave or enter the area around the barrier once it's in effect
  • Naschetania, Goldov and Flamie were fighting fiends together while Adlet went ahead, so they couldn't have done anything strange at that time
  • Fog began appearing as soon as Adlet detonated the door
  • Adlet was attacked by magical entities that would target whoever tried to force his/her way into the temple, so we can confirm that he was the source of the damage that triggered the temple's defense mechanism
  • Goldov, Naschetania and Flamie showed up at the temple at the same time, so none of them could've managed to sneak inside the temple to trigger the barrier before then
  • Given the locked room, we can narrow down the time frame for the barrier's activation, starting at the very moment the locked room was breached by Adlet and ending at the scene where Adlet and cat-guy confirmed that they were unable to escape the area
  • Adlet, Naschetania, Flamie and Goldov heard how the barrier worked from the priest guy, who might or might not have been telling the truth

Finally, a couple statements that have been said by a single person, so that we can't know whether they're facts or not:
  • According to Flamie, there was absolutely no way to generate fog in a way to fool the real braves into thinking that the barrier had become active as soon as Adlet bombed the temple's gate
  • According to Chamot, she was the only one who actually spotted the fiend who had originally tricked Adlet, and she killed it instantly
  • According to Naschetania, the cat-guy called her "princess" before she had announced herself as such (rewatching that episode could clear up whether that was the case or not, though)
  • According to Maura, she was also told about the barrier's mechanism by the priest (I think)
  • Chamot and cat-guy denied knowing how the barried was supposed to be activated

This sure is fun! I'll probably be looking at the previous episodes again to gather more information, and will make sure to post my findings here.

Cornbread78

Charlotte episode 9
Shit got real. Also, Nao's outfit is really cute. I really don't understand the style of wearing two tank tops on top of each other,

She was just cute. It's anime, who knows what outfits are going to pop out.

Charlotte 9

This might be the first episode I didn't have trouble with, as it was entertaining and it's setting up an actual story that lord knows this show needed.

I guess the downside is that
the sister will come back to life.

Also I'm genuinely surprised the
older brother didn't end up being a villain.
it looked like such an obvious trope.

You are a cruel individual, Cornbread cannot forgive thus kind of bullying, lol.

She was just cute. It's anime, who knows what outfits are going to pop out.

You are a cruel individual, Cornbread cannot forgive thus kind of bullying, lol.

Bro the fucking picture he keeps of her in the table is the most fucking terrifying god damn face I have watched in any anime. She is staring into your very being and burning your soul as the smile warns you that a psychotic mind dwells in there.

If she were the killer in Until Dawn I wouldn't have to wait till dawn to want death before such a terrifying creature found me.

Anime has gone too far with moe.

Cornbread78

Bro the fucking picture he keeps of her in the table is the most fucking terrifying god damn face I have watched in any anime. She is staring into your very being and burning your soul as the smile warns you that a psychotic mind dwells in there.

If she were the killer in Until Dawn I wouldn't have to wait till dawn to want death before such a terrifying creature found me.

Anime has gone too far with moe.

You mean thus one?

latest

Defuser

Charlotte ep 9
Apart from the bombs being dropped regarding Yuu's past which is lol but imo the best parts of the episode is how Yuu have fallen so hard for Nao. Blushing at her and being jealous at his brother because Nao idolized him.

Michiko & Hatchin 10

That was a fairly interesting episode. Feel like I could get more into this now that the real plot has started. The musical direction was pretty on point.

Exalted

Is there any anime out there in a school setting where the main character is not a total androgynous and bland whimp? Talking about delinquents and/or strong characters and the like. E.g. School Rumble, Beelzebub, Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou etc I'm a bit tired of the ever so same typical protagonists. Mostly complete list of stuff I have seen: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/zUkUu

Thanks in advance. :)
Kinda late but i see you haven't seen Ghost hunt, if you like strong and confident MC you are gona love this.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1571/Ghost_Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom