• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

BossRush

The Baz is basically an indie game celebrity now right?

What if there was some way to convince Suda51 to put him in Travis Strikes Again?

From what I heard about the Dead Space 3 DLC, plus reading the wiki article about the Markers, Pat's totally right in that Dead Space 3 conclusively closes the door on the franchise. There's literally no way anyone can continue the franchise due to precisely how fucked all of human civilization is.

Oh yeah, humanity was 300% fucked at the end of the game. But you could always just ignore 3, do a new game set after 2, or make a side story if someone wanted to remake the franchise. It's just that I doubt anyone in EA does.

Strimei

I'm catching up on Paige's Dark Souls streams and I love her, I really do.

She's losing her mind in Anor Londo and screaming about how "THERE ARE WORDS IN MAGAZINES!"

Pat is going to be playing XCOM 2: WOTC tomorrow at 3PM EDT, and using a mod list compiled by someone who knew Pat didn't know shit about WOTC.

Shame they didn't get the godzilla overkill.

Or something really dumb like this one:

giphy.gif

Disgraced

Oh yeah, humanity was 300% fucked at the end of the game. But you could always just ignore 3, do a new game set after 2, or make a side story if someone wanted to remake the franchise.
Or you could make a pretty wicked-ass crazy-ass game set during the final hours of human civilization.

My old elevator pitch for a Dead Space reboot is a gameplay and thematic successor in another universe with a new antagonist. The antagonist I suggest? Old-fashioned haywire androids—Alien-style. Their whole body is the brain; they can function without a head so you have to CUT OFF THEIR LIMBS to render them inert (just like necromorphs).

Since some of the androids perfectly resemble humans and there are sometimes friendly NPCs in Dead Space there could be scenarios where enemies pretend to be friendly—a twist on how necromorphs play dead.

Unfortunately evil robots (along with cyberpunk) are a little overdone right now. *Also there's a game that just came out called Prey (2017) that kind of does something like this.

I think after everything with 3 we've had enough of the "playing even though you know everything is doomed" situation.

I feel like the Dead Space games are more about Isaac's closure more than the world's closure.

You go into the first one, and you VAGUELY know everything is fucked, but Isaac gets his ending. Second one piggy backs on that, and the third one is (to me) full closure of his afflictions.

I would be okay with anything else in the same timeline, but I like them more for the personal stories than the doomsday shit.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I feel like the Dead Space games are more about Isaac's closure more than the world's closure.

You go into the first one, and you VAGUELY know everything is fucked, but Isaac gets his ending. Second one piggy backs on that, and the third one is (to me) full closure of his afflictions.

I would be okay with anything else in the same timeline, but I like them more for the personal stories than the doomsday shit.

Thats funny cause i have always been more invested in the world then Issacs shinanegans. I honestly hated when they changed him from a silent protagonist, cause he's only ever hero guy with a slight tinge of crazy, and that was never really interesting to me.

Thats funny cause i have always been more invested in the world then Issacs shinanegans. I honestly hated when they changed him from a silent protagonist, cause he's only ever hero guy with a slight tinge of crazy, and that was never really interesting to me.

I think the story is "good" in DS, but I get so fucking lost in any sorts of media when they throw around too many names/words, and I feel like DS's story constantly added too many other items as it built up for me to give you a good description of the story. I could definitely paint broad strokes of it though.

All the Isaac stuff I remember well though, haha.

Strimei

I'm way behind on the podcast (by like, two-three months) so dunno if they mentioned it there, but is there any info on when Woolie returns from the Netherlands?

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I'm way behind on the podcast (by like, two-three months) so dunno if they mentioned it there, but is there any info on when Woolie returns from the Netherlands?

I think he's only there for a week? From the sound of it, this is very impromptu. Also weird thought, Pat says Woolie was there to do something...... Marriage proposal? He did just move in with his gf...

ShadyK54

I think he's only there for a week? From the sound of it, this is very impromptu. Also weird thought, Pat says Woolie was there to do something...... Marriage proposal? He did just move in with his gf...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who had caught that (back when it was first mentioned).

Matsukaze

Woolie had to go eliminate a renegade Madden. The rogue knew too many family secrets to be left to his own devices.

Strimei

woolie's already back
Ah, he is? I checked on twitter last night and the last tweet I could see that mentioned any sort of location was from the 1st and he was in the Netherlands still. Guess he got back between then and today? Well, good to know.

I figured it was a proposal too.

Matt's finished his Bible Black LP and boy does it not end the way you expect it to.

Like how the fuck was he not get killed there? Jizz on that girl's face while she's in the infirmary?

Archgan

Matt's finished his Bible Black LP and boy does it not end the way you expect it to.

Like how the fuck was he not get killed there? Jizz on that girl's face while she's in the infirmary?
This is probably too much thought for Bible Black, but I bet
if Imari is still friends with you, you would walk home with her and not get stabbed/she would be there to help.

Top Bottom