• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

fuck man, I'm jonesing to play dead space again while watching this LP

Same but that would mean installing origin again and uuuugh

2 was great. 1 nailed the atmosphere and made things feel generally bad as a good horror game should, but 2 seriously improved all the bad shit from 1 and made things much more fun.

Matsukaze

Yea, I have 3 on my Origin account somehow but I've never touched it due to it's reputation. Still, I love the first two and I'm wondering if it's worth checking out.
3 is just... meh.

1's strength was its oppressive atmosphere and 2's strength was its sharp gameplay, but 3 just didn't bring anything remarkable to the table. The story in 3 is pretty weak, the cast of characters was not particularly dynamic, and the gameplay just felt stale, despite new bits and pieces being added.

I'm not trying to shit on the game, but at the same time, it's not a great successor to the first two.

ArjanN

Yeah, DS3 is pretty mediocre compared the first two games and can honestly be skipped just fine.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who had caught that (back when it was first mentioned).

I figured that was just Pat's weak attempt at a "Woolie's just going there to smoke/smuggle weed" joke.

Also I couldn't tell if they being sarcastic or just not paying attention at the end of the podcast when they said not much is coming out in september, because that's definitely not the case at all.

Fat4all

Banned
3 is just... meh.

1's strength was its oppressive atmosphere and 2's strength was its sharp gameplay, but 3 just didn't bring anything remarkable to the table. The story in 3 is pretty weak, the cast of characters was not particularly dynamic, and the gameplay just felt stale, despite new bits and pieces being added.

I'm not trying to shit on the game, but at the same time, it's not a great successor to the first two.

I quit about halfway through 3 because I got bored with the story and structure.

It's crazy, because I've played through both 1 & 2 so many times I've lost count.

Also I couldn't tell if they being sarcastic or just not paying attention at the end of the podcast when they said not much is coming out in september, because that's definitely not the case at all.

Considering we have Woolie "The Baby" Madden I'm pretty sure they were being sarcastic.

Anung

Un Rama
fuck man, I'm jonesing to play dead space again while watching this LP

Totally dawg. Part of me is holding out for a remaster we'll probably never get. Enjoying this LP so much...it's kinda nice to have an LP that feels aimed at me after a lot of stuff I don't care about.

Strimei

Finally back to two videos a day now, and both the previous running LPs return!

Also watching Paige's X-Com 2 stream, Pat seemed to indicate, when asked, that X-Com 2 is another of their "break glass" LPs.

Numb

Woolie Can't be missing for a week without everything turning crazy lol

I love every time Pat predicts there's gonna be a scare coming in Dead space but forgets immediately and then gets spooked

Finally back to two videos a day now, and both the previous running LPs return!

Also watching Paige's X-Com 2 stream, Pat seemed to indicate, when asked, that X-Com 2 is another of their "break glass" LPs.
Oh God, they better mod the shit out of XCOM 2 even more than what Pat did.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

Haha I watched that Xcom stream and it was pretty fun. Would be a terrible LP though that would go on forevveeeeeer. Maybe it would be another joke ironman on impossible run? I could be up for that actually.

Strimei

I'm sure they'll come up with some interesting ideas. And maybe let Woolie "I'll trade all of humanity for a green jetpack" Madden take the helm this time.

Paige did her own XCOM 2 stream? Gonna have to watch that when I get the chance.

It was pretty good! Bear in mind she plays at the lowest difficulty (and she admits that it feels a bit easy near the end so maybe if she does it again in the future it'll be a bit harder) and Pat coaches her quite a bit, but its still good. Also some great Elmoments, of course.

Also that woman STILL has not gone to get her eyes checked! Jesus Christ! (edit: Actually seems she finally had an appointment today!)

Strimei

Pat's crazy talk activated on stream:

"There's no Taco Bell in any of Quebec!"

There's several, and like two in his city alone.

Fat4all

Banned
we getting close to the Shitstorm, any predictions on what we might get?

a no brained would be the White Day remake

probably get a look at The House Abandon as well, or maybe a different Stories Untold chapter

maybe another look at Lakeview Cabin to see the chapters that came out since the last time they played?

matt will probs want to do a Friday the 13th vid, and it'll likely be uploaded on friday the 13th

Anung

Un Rama

probably get a look at The House Abandon as well, or maybe a different Stories Untold chapter

maybe another look at Lakeview Cabin to see the chapters that came out since the last time they played?

matt will probs want to do a Friday the 13th vid, and it'll likely be uploaded on friday the 13th

Observer is one of the bigger horror games to come out this year. Deception, White Day and Evil Within 2 are probably locks. Maybe an Outlast 2 revisit?

Did they ever play P.A.M.E.L.A?

Fat4all

Banned
Observer is one of the bigger horror games to come out this year. Deception, White Day and Evil Within 2 are probably locks. Maybe an Outlast 2 revisit?

Did they ever play P.A.M.E.L.A?

dont think so

I bet we get another October 31st shitstorm vid that turns into a full LP

probably Evil Within 2

Fat4all

Banned
i think the only episode of the Evil Within LP I go back to watch is the one where Pat is on his own (episode 9?)

him finding all the stuff they missed and getting singularly pissed at the games performance was grand

Anung

Un Rama
i think the only episode of the Evil Within LP I go back to watch is the one where Pat is on his own (episode 9?)

him finding all the stuff they missed and getting singularly pissed at the games performance was grand

Yeah the Pat stares at part was like the only good part of that LP.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...

They mentioned it on a podcast a while back, but I reckon they'll take a look at Kona, that horror/survival/detective game set in Canada during a snowstorm. Sounded really interesting so I might have to skip that video if they do.

Speaking of horror, started playing RE7. Once I got about an hour in I stopped and went to YouTube to watch the first episode of their LP. This is a bad habit.

Thanks for the link, I'm stocking up on podcasts to listen to while praying Irma doesn't blow up my house.

Oh man godspeed bro

I know I'm late but Clemps' podcast featuring Pat was laborious. Give it a listen if you haven't already

https://soundcloud.com/clemps-va/coffee-with-clemps-feat-pat-from-superbestfriendsplay-ep-2-elmos-a-good-boy

Cuz yes fuck retail, and geez I need to talk to my doctor about seeing a therapist someday

???? If i may ask?

Thanks for the link, I'm stocking up on podcasts to listen to while praying Irma doesn't blow up my house.

Shit dawg I'm hoping for the best!!

Oh man godspeed bro

???? If i may ask?

Cuz I haven't seen one since I was like 9 and have had some obvious roadblocks in my life probably related to anxiety and ADHD, or I am just a lazy inattentive shit who doesn't like talking to nobody

Shit dawg I'm hoping for the best!!

Cuz I haven't seen one since I was like 9 and have had some obvious roadblocks in my life probably related to anxiety and ADHD, or I am just a lazy inattentive shit who doesn't like talking to nobody

I've been seeing a psychiatrist for a long time and been seeing a counselor for half a year. She basically confirmed that I had PTSD and had always suspected from it after being hit by a car in 2003 and my parents divorce. Also doesn't help that I'm high functioning autistic white male.

You can do it, man

Top Bottom