• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh noooooooo, Pat is equiping the hand lantern. Apparently it slows your stamina regen. I wonder if they'll notice.
Really? I never noticed a difference, but I guess it makes sense as I always had the Hunter rune equipped which increases stamina regen to counteract it.

Though that honesty makes me curious by how much percentage-wise stamina regen is reduced or increased by these items.

Alfebit

Banned
Does it? I stopped using it after my first playthrough.

Really? I never noticed a difference, but I guess it makes sense as I always had the Hunter rune equipped which increases stamina regen to counteract it.

Though that honesty makes me curious by how much percentage-wise stamina regen is reduced or increased by these items.

Yeah, I remember people were just finding out about it a little over a week ago in the Bloodborne OT. Someone even said it cuts it by 20% though I don't know if that's accurate.

Zenfalcia

I kinda wish they weren't scrubbing it up with random normals and spamming special moves, but oh well, at least they're getting through the game for the amazing plot.
Yeah, I remember people were just finding out about it a little over a week ago in the Bloodborne OT. Someone even said it cuts it by 20% though I don't know if that's accurate.
Really? that's interesting.

Nice avatar, where did you get it from?

Well, finished rewatching the MK9 Let's Watch.

Them talking about what NRS would have to do for MKX is so funny now in hindsight. It's both what they expected it to be and not both simultaneously.

sjay1994

So, I have no idea who Matt is supposed to be in the MKX title card. I can obviously tell Pat is Kano, and Woolie is Kotal, but I can't tell who Matt is.

Jax?Johnny?

Well, finished rewatching the MK9 Let's Watch.

Them talking about what NRS would have to do for MKX is so funny now in hindsight. It's both what they expected it to be and not both simultaneously.

Just finished it now as well. It is great in hindsight about what they thought for MKX.

Johnny cage and sonya blade are going to defeat shinnok? Pfftt.

hahahahahha

Wait The best friends went to Buffalo? FUCK. IM FROM THERE. MY DAD STILL LIVES THERE. WHY COULDNT I HAVE BEEN IN BUFFALO THIS PAST WEEKEND.

Edit: FUCK. GROVERS IS SO GOOD. DAMMIT. STOP MAKING ME MISS BUFFALO.

aly

That was an interesting convo about Fighting games and which versions are used. I had heard about the differences between the 360 and PS3 versions of Street Fighter and it makes sense why the 360 version is used. Pat's argument about all Fighting games being on PC ( and that they should be better) is futile to me though because there is always going to be exclusives ( Smash, KI,currently Guilty Gear) or one version that plays best and is easier to set up and use.

Numb

MKX FNF will be tight. Everyone training and wanting blood.
That is what FNF needed. Salt, tears ,rage and more salt. The rainbows and prancing in meadows hand in hand needs to stop.

Skrams

I don't think any of this is constructive criticism though. It's just "DURNNNGH DO IT GUD".

I think people need to rephrase their complaints to mean what they want them to do. You can't tell them about specific instances that were recorded weeks and weeks ago.

So an example of something constructive is "I don't like double blind LPs". Cause that causes most of these problems.
I think it's a domino effect of bad at puzzles, please pay more attention, and then that either leads to them trying to pay more attention or find other methods to deal with it. Like when they just cut out the chunk required to solve it. I always would rather have them cut it out then spend 10 minutes watching them trying, failing, and then moving on. If they have a funny talk during it then keep it in. I just think most viewers fall towards wanting to see the new thing rather than just 10 minutes of trying and failing.

The double blind LP thing as an example is just something that would be hard to deal with. If they want to put a part out on day one for a hyped game then there's very little chance they can have that not be a double blind LP. I find cutting to be the best solution as opposed to killing a type of playthrough.
Oh noooooooo, Pat is equiping the hand lantern. Apparently it slows your stamina regen. I wonder if they'll notice.
Probably not. It's about a 1 second difference I think. I didn't notice it at least when I was playing. Stamina regens so fast already that I don't ever feel like I needed that one second really. I'd rather that than a torch at least. For repeat playthroughs, it's probably lame though.

ArjanN

That was an interesting convo about Fighting games and which versions are used. I had heard about the differences between the 360 and PS3 versions of Street Fighter and it makes sense why the 360 version is used. Pat's argument about all Fighting games being on PC ( and that they should be better) is futile to me though because there is always going to be exclusives ( Smash, KI,currently Guilty Gear) or one version that plays best and is easier to set up and use.

I'm with Pat on that one, in that I kind of feel the hesitation to play fighting games on PC feels more based on tradition than on any actually existing issues.

Numb

Lantern was alright but faint compared to torches. Looks sick tho.
I never realized it sucked your stamina. Damn. That is bullshit especially in a game like Bloodborne.

Skrams

I hope Woolie can understand the inventory eventually because every time he opens it up, everything hurts.

Lantern was alright but faint compared to torches. Looks sick tho.
I never realized it sucked your stamina. Damn. That is bullshit especially in a game like Bloodborne.
Not really. Every single piece of gear/weapon effects your stamina. It's just invisible in this game.
Gimme a minute to test this.
Edit: huh...weird. gotta make sure before I say anything.

It's a thing.

Omg I'm dying here! Ho fuck that whole Buffalo breakfast discussion!

Pat vs that guy on the plane!

I want to see that fight for SUMMERSLAM!

MKX FNF will be tight. Everyone training and wanting blood.
That is what FNF needed. Salt, tears ,rage and more salt. The rainbows and prancing in meadows hand in hand needs to stop.
This reminds me of an idea I had for FNF to keep it interesting. What if at the end of an FNF they had a mini tourney? It'd make things more interesting instead of having them just not really caring for 60 minutes. They could start off with a single round robin(everyone plays each once), after that it's single elimination semi finals with #1vs#4 and #2vs#3. Losers fight for third place and winners fight for first. I know this would get me interested in watching every FNF.

Can you tell I'm into esports?

Skrams

This reminds me of an idea I had for FNF to keep it interesting. What if at the end of an FNF they had a mini tourney? It'd make things more interesting instead of having them just not really caring for 60 minutes. They could start off with a single round robin(everyone plays each once), after that it's single elimination semi finals with #1vs#4 and #2vs#3. Losers fight for third place and winners fight for first. I know this would get me interested in watching every FNF.

I feel like this has been done in most recent FNFs. I think I remember it happening in Lethal League for sure. I know they at least had the joke recently with losers finals and bullshit like that. It would be good for it to be constant though instead of just some of the time.

Yeah I know, I was just testing the difference. Used a 40 end, 50 vit character (160 stamina) with no equipment, other weapons or runes and just drained my stamina with kirkhammer (primary weapon), recorded it and put it through a movie editor and basically counted the frames.
Lantern is not an insignificant slowdown. It slows down stamina regen by quite a bit and the difference is absurdly clear if you're using the stamina regen rune.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought it was something like hand lantern with is 4 something seconds with the stamina rune. It's then 3 without the lantern. I don't think it's a big deal on a first playthrough at all. After a first playthrough, there's not much point in it so I get it. If they keep using it I wouldn't be annoyed about it. For anyone who wants to PvP or anything then yeah, no point.

Numb

Sounds like an idea i had except more plausible. I wanted them to train during the week and the whole FNF be the tourny. It might conflict with schedules but yours seems much better. They might want to keep FNF more casual tho.

croten

02640f8cf25e078907ca92f2175d94661429286576_full.jpg

Tell me this isn't the sickest shit. Tell me.

Geg

Is it just my computer or does the volume of the podcasts keep getting quieter? I have my volume turned up to almost max and still have trouble hearing them

Is it just my computer or does the volume of the podcasts keep getting quieter? I have my volume turned up to almost max and still have trouble hearing them
Didn't they fuck up the podcast mike? It might be that or Woolie turning down the volume on the mike to avoid them blowing it out.

Rean

I don't have any problems with the volume. It might just be something on your end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom