• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okingjrr

I'm only halfway done with the podcast because I only listen to it while commuting, but gatdamn have I been laughing every single time. Audible cackling in the train is not super common when you're by yourself.

The last time I lost it for real in public was when they where talking about Crytek UK's money problems and Liam said that they were going to work on their most exciting project... HAZE 2. Never did I lose it that hard until today.

Geg

Yeah I listen to the podcast at work and usually I can just get by with silently smiling at my desk but today I had some difficulties keeping quiet

Gestahl

Seeing the secret path in the elevator

P: "hey woolie you catch that?"

W: "haha yeah man caught a peek!"

*ignores it and continues onward*

???

mfw they were at a convention that i could actually drive to and i didn't know

Thanks for telling us, MATT!

I could've taken a bus up to Buffalo for the weekend. Could've dragged Care Bear and Abu up as well to protest for Ultimax.

dude totally

Then there could have been a Bestgaf hangout too while we mark all over everyone.

Like i said earlier, i was born in buffalo and lived there for a while, and my dad still lives there. I also could have been in buffalo this weekend.

Skrams

Bloodborne Part 17-

Cool that they talked to the little girl, but not much to do with her now as far as I know. I was hoping they'd talk to Gilbert for the free flamesprayer, but eh.

Also Ludwig's Rifle is somehow slower and more powerful than a blunderbuss according to Pat before he even used it. It also does the exact same amount of damage with worse scaling. It does some more damage after being upgraded a lot, but it's not very significant. I never found it useful myself because I can't really think of a situation where I need to shoot a thing far away. I also would never want to parry something far away because the window can be weird for visceral attacks so I'd rather not take the chance on getting there too late. I guess it would allow you some opportunity for a few attacks even if you failed, but I'm eh on it.

Also Green Greens.

Seeing the secret path in the elevator

P: "hey woolie you catch that?"

W: "haha yeah man caught a peek!"

*ignores it and continues onward*

???

Forgot that happened too. Welp.

Hopefully they don't forget. They love to stick their noses into all of these paths and then forget a lot of it.

Neol

I find Matt's passion of not having dinner food during breakfast is hilarious. Honestly though I don't find that as strange as it is but maybe its just an American thing.

Also the thing bout Steve being pretty obnoxious was pretty spot on. Liam had to specifically ask him to "tone" it down during the panel.

It's like being the judge of the two most stubborn people in the world.
MKX is this week and they will do another 50 FNFs and SMSs before you see Ultimax.

Wut. Liam isn't a man, he's a cherry-boy.

Yeah but Matt hates anime.

I think you guys and the best friends just need to live a little. Get the ciallis and the ultimax and go crazy with some $300 hookers
and blackjack.

I find Matt's passion of not having dinner food during breakfast is hilarious. Honestly though I don't find that as strange as it is but maybe its just an American thing.

I'm a proper bachelor, so I eat whatever food whenever I want. The idea that you cook certain things at certain times of the day is women logic.

Which means it's probably actually a good idea for whatever reason and I just don't know any better.

It's not as strange as Woolie outright refusing breakfast foods.

Why does he hate flapjacks? :(

Neol

I'm a proper bachelor, so I eat whatever food whenever I want. The idea that you cook certain things at certain times of the day is women logic.

Which means it's probably actually a good idea for whatever reason and I just don't know any better.

I mean you can eat whatever you want whenever you want. It's just funny how blown up this is.
https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/590617977499811841

And the war for dinner food for breakfast continues.

It's not as strange as Woolie outright refusing breakfast foods.

Why does he hate flapjacks? :(

I honestly think this is the big problem. Flapjacks are awesome.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Catherine was generally considered difficult for most people when it released. The fact that there weren't any other games remotely like it, combined with the time limit, and the lack of mulligans was pretty unforgiving until you got into the rhythm of things and started recognizing patterns.

Laputa_94

Despite what may avatar may tell you I had some difficulty with Catherine from time to time. Around 25% of that game was me banging my head against a wall since I couldn't progress.

Woolie's greatest enemy.

Ham-egg-cups.jpg

MrHoot

Fuck you, you make me miss my trip to america and chicken'n waffles so much.

At first, my friends in texas were like "Hey let's go get chicken and waffles after the movies"

Me: Dude what ? That sounds gross. Plus it'll be like 1 am

- time passes -

Me: OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER

Neol

At first, my friends in texas were like "Hey let's go get chicken and waffles after the movies"

- time passes -

Chicken and Waffles done right is fucking amazing.

People just assume its just Chicken with a side a waffles which is sad cause that's how Ihop makes them.

- time passes -

I started crying laughing because of how salty Woolie was going to IHOP.

That's the opposite for quite a few people in the US. IHOP is the shit because of free Pancake Day and because they make a cheap, decent stack of pancakes.

People just assume its just Chicken with a side a waffles which is sad cause that's how Ihop makes them.

Yep.

MrHoot

Yeah, I got mine the first time in a very nice (although chilly) 24/7 diner. Everything was delicious, bloody hell

Texas is so great for food.

Meanwhile, in switzerland, everything is expensive for food and it's breaking my heart. And there's no place to have chicken and waffles

I mean you can eat whatever you want whenever you want. It's just funny how blown up this is.
https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/590617977499811841

And the war for dinner food for breakfast continues.

I mean, just based on assumption, I would guess:

Breakfast foods are traditionally foods that are easy to prepare quickly and don't "keep" particularly well. (Eggs, various meats you can just throw in a pan and heat up, waffles.)

Lunch foods are foods that are either easy to prepare or can be served cold without a substantial loss in quality. (Sandwiches and such.)

Dinner foods are foods that are hard to prepare.

So, sure, "breakfast for dinner" is sort of a lazy bachelor thing because dinner foods are hard, but not liking breakfast foods at all? That's insane. Eggs, bacon, waffles, sausage, pancakes! Woolie must be stopped!

IHOP is the worst shit. Get Woolie some real chicken n waffles, and his entire stance against breakfast will fade away, real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom