• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

explodet

Pat doesn't realize Magneto is plenty hax compared to those other mutants - he has access to the entire electromagnetic spectrum.

Technically he could transmute matter and manipulate light while he's robbing banks on the side.

Numb

Best Friends Play Astro Boy (Part 9 FINAL)
Youtube
Site

The stand poop talk in the podcast reminded me of Usopp being the only dude to overcome perona's negativity power in Onepiece since he is already always negative.
You gotta be always embarassed or have no shame to withstand the poop stand.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So can anyone explain the "Boo ba bee bo" thing with Thunder from KI? I never really played KI before and I don't have an XBone so I have no idea what it refers to.
Im assuming their talking about Fulgore when he is doing his uppercut. He stops time and presses button on his wrist(making the sounds) and then punches.

joe2187

Banned
How many times have the SBFP gotten you guys into other media?

Some comments about how awesome Fist of the North Star was in combination with the Punch Out animation from Plague got me interested enough for me to digest the entirety of the original FoTNS series.

They also helped me to get into Ippo as well.

Thanks to the Astro Boy LP I remembered that Naoki Urwasawa did an entire reimagining of Astro Boy in only the way he could (Naoki is the guy who made 20th century boys and MONSTER)

I just finished reading it before starting the final Astro boy LP episode and It's fucking amazing, just as good as MONSTER.

IT IS FUCKING DARK AS ALL FUCK.

It's called Pluto

pluto.jpg

pluto-extrait-mont-blanc-avril-2010.jpg

Some comments about how awesome Fist of the North Star was in combination with the Punch Out animation from Plague got me interested enough for me to digest the entirety of the original FoTNS series.

Thanks to the Astro Boy LP I remembered that Naoki Urwasawa did an entire reimagining of Astro Boy in only the way he could (Naoki is the guy who made 20th century boys and MONSTER)

I just finished reading it before starting the final Astro boy LP episode and It's fucking amazing, just as good as MONSTER.

It's called Pluto
SBF got me into Jojo and reintroduced me into fight games when I was a scrubby button mashing Tekken player.

I read some of Pluto a long time ago and from what I remember of it, its great. I need to go reread and finish it.

Numb

It's called Pluto
Having never read comics before i read Saga cos of them and many many weird movies cos of Matt.

Nordicus

Liam wanted to tell people to check out Koe no Katachi but he was talked over :(

It's a really good manga about the relationship of a deaf teenager girl and a former bully who's been living in depression for last several years of his school life
It's a nuclear bomb of feels

Numb

Liam wanted to tell people to check out Koe no Katachi but he was talked over :(

It's a really good manga about the relationship of a deaf teenager girl and a former bully who's been living in depression for last several years of his school life

One of the best manga i read this year no doubt.
And i hate feeling horrible.

Numb

Matt also got me into watching more Godzilla movies than the ones i already seen.
Now it's the third most movie series i watched after 007 series and Zatoichi series.

A lot, actually. Some of my favorite things now are things they informed me existed.

In terms of games: Everything by Platinum, DMC1-4, Silent Hill series, Resident Evil series, Fighting Games as a genre, probably way more stuff I forget.
Gurren Lagann was my first anime because of that clip in the Smash Bros Brawl. Basically the entire reason I watch anime.
The GOOBYE JOJO jokes made me read all of JoJo from Part 1 (my first time reading a manga).

Numb

Not many to my surprise. All I can think of is convincing me to watch Twin Peaks and further reaffirming my interest to read Saga.

Same boat. Lot of people became fans due to having same interests as them. Can't find many huge youtubers that push anime and fighting games as much as them and many other stuff aswell.They are pretty hype about it and joke around alot instead being serious wihich is nice.

That premise/picture sound interesting, just wish I cared about the SoL genre and manga in general to actually read it.

Squishy3

is it bad i burst into laughter because of the pomf

MrHoot

Also Stroheim would totally beat a shit-inducing stand.

WITH THIRD REICH TECHNOLOGY, I HAVE FULL ENTIRE CONTROL OF MY BOWELS.

MY PANTS SHALL REMAIN UNSOILED FOR THE MOTHER LAND

GERMAN TECHNOLOGY REMAINS THE BEST IN THE WORLD

SEKAI ICHIIIII

Squishy3

also jotaro wouldn't be embarrassed by shitting his pants, he'd just do it in the frozen time

and then people would be like "where did this shit come from?" while jotaro does shifty eyes

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Seems odd that a week has gone by with no more Woolie vs Reboot.

I mean, not that I mind, I'm not watching it, but still. Isn't like them to leave such a gap between episodes of an ongoing LP.

Seems odd that a week has gone by with no more Woolie vs Reboot.

I mean, not that I mind, I'm not watching it, but still. Isn't like them to leave such a gap between episodes of an ongoing LP.
I assume its the trouble Woolie has been having to actually complete the levels in the game. At the ConBravo panel, he said he had huge progression blocker problems.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Speaking of the Zaibatsu getting people into stuff. Freedom Planet is in the BTA tier of the current Humble Bundle (currently at $5.19 average). Damn good price.

Zenfalcia

I was surprised when he brought it up. I feel like he reads manga more than he watches anime. Koe no Kitachi is great.

It's called Pluto
A lot actually, I somehow never knew about berserk until it was brought up by the SBF and they showed off a bunch of games I've never heard of which I enjoyed when I got them.

Looks amazing, i'll add it to the list.

demidar

I've gotten into Skullgirls because of the shilling. Looking to get into Street Fighter 5 too because of it.

Also it's long overdue but I'm checking out Monster because of Pat. It's really good.

Not a lot, but there's a couple. Platinum games, fighting games, Hajime no Ippo, etc.

Yeah, Koe no Katachi is fantastic. It's definitely a must read for those who enjoy getting the feels.

Ultimate_Trainer, didn't you submit a Vergil entry for the DMC4SE tournament?
lol I really couldn't found the time to put in learning Vergil, so I didn't enter.

Seeing all those Vergil clips makes me wonder how Woolie would play Vergil while furiously masterbating to the combos. Has Woolie played any character action game for the channel?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
lol I really couldn't found the time to put in learning Vergil, so I didn't enter.

Seeing all those Vergil clips makes me wonder how Woolie would play Vergil while furiously masterbating to the combos. Has Woolie played any character action game for the channel?

Aw, I thought you have mentioned you had some stuff you could enter before, so I was confused when I didn't see your name on there.

I think the closest Woolie's come is sitting in on the MGR Sam DLC. Woolie wasn't even around for Killer is Dead. No other LPs come to mind that are straight action.

EDIT: By the way, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow is being streamed/speedrun on SGDQ now:
www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

Whenever I see this game, it reminds me of Liam.

Zenfalcia

I remember that he played No more heroes 2.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Would the NMH2 LP be good if I really liked Matt's solo LP of 1? I've heard it was a bad LP.

I don't remember it being that bad. Admittedly, I can't remember much of it, but I think it's worth a watch if you liked the NMH1 solo LP.

But in terms of action games, I think MGR and Killer is Dead are must watches.

EDIT: Maybe the NMH2 run is worse than I thought. Considering I don't remember it, I'd defer to the others here.

Would the NMH2 LP be good if I really liked Matt's solo LP of 1? I've heard it was a bad LP.
It's actually pretty terrible. I actively am recommending for you to back down.

Not even technical issues or Liam not always being there, they just aren't talking about much and the gameplay isn't a draw for a variety of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom