• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of the Zaibatsu getting people into stuff. Freedom Planet is in the BTA tier of the current Humble Bundle (currently at $5.19 average). Damn good price.

I got it a couple of days back because Mercenary Kings
I need more Pat stares at things dammit
was in it with Stanley Parable (Woolie talking about a while back reminded me I still hadn't played it), so it was super neat after I woke up from a nap and saw that it got added. I watched half the Freedom Planet LP because I wanted to play it. Either way, everything is coming up Milhouse.

How many times have the SBFP gotten you guys into other media?
I was already interested in watching anime but SBFP increased my interest and caused me to finally give it a shot.

I was kind of interested in comic books but SBFP(and Marvel movies) convinced me to try them.

I love both now, it's always nice to have more forms of media to enjoy, more options can't hurt.

But Mad Max, Mortal Kombat, Jem, TMNT, Punisher, Black Spiderman, All Star Superman, Squirrel Girl, Saga, Spider Girl, Sex Criminals, Scott Pilgrim, Godzilla,

AND WWE SUPERSTARS...

Don't forget about Sonic and friends!
SU_75_Freedom_Fighters_Group_Shot.jpg

ksdixon

I always knew that RE0, RE:CV and RE4 were the wrong directions for the series, each in their own way. CV was actually OK, but it was missing all of 3's improvements to movement, and I personally never really liked it's story. I found RE0's story to be too out-there (fighting mostly mutated animals, the '2nd lab', the timeline problems with Birkin/Wesker/Marcus etc.) But SBFP's playthrough of 3 has reminded me just of how varied 3 was, and how many things it brought to the table that could have been expanded-upon to make a better/more modern RE which was still rooted in the classic formula.

Not only was there the new movement things like dodge and quick turn, but there was the split second decisions to be made with Nemesis encounters, and these vastly changed the location of nemesis battles, and cutscenes for story plot points, and what happened during those plot points. A Remake, or an enhanced port, could easily give Carlos more to do, simillar to Leon and Claire's campaigns from RE2, maybe we could see Carlos before Jill got there, and see more of the outbreak first hand etc.

Not only did you have new movement options and Nemesis split second decisions, but you also had zombies that crawled straight for you when shot to the ground, I don't think that happened in RE2. You had normal zombies and faster-paced zombies. You had a lot of variety in zombies too: taller zombies, zombies with brain exposed, fat zombies etc. I totally do not remember the Deimos doing the Bart Simpson ''i'm gonna swing my arms like this, and if you get hit it's your own fault'' mad dash towards Jill, maybe I ran past them too quick.

xezuru

Anyone here play 14 and are on the Leviathan server? (I know most guys gonna be in the Ultros FC)
Thinking about getting back into it with the expansion and havin some dudes to play with once in a while would help

Archgan

So I just bought the most recent Humble Bundle, but I already had a couple of the games. So here's a giveaway for the people in this thread.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1017067.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Archgan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Stanley Parable -- MB-82487F34ED848F75 - Taken by Ultimate_Trainer. 3 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-6A850F60049386EC - Taken by Ultimate_Trainer. 1 entrants total.
Mercenary Kings -- MB-B261F8BD8020DB96 - Taken by MillionStabs. 2 entrants total.

t1438293814z1.png

Really wish the Astro Boy LP didn't leave me with a sour note. Them actively skipping the text like Freedom Planet makes me sad.

Yeah. Its one thing to say sometimes they miss stuff because they are busy talking, but when they are actively skipping dialog then complaining out how they can figure out what to do next, its a bit silly. The game actually required them to make use of the time travel mechanic that actually makes a lot of sense, considering they are going up against another time traveler. Also, they didn't appear to even get the full ending, not to mention they missed some other stuff(like the scene at Tenma's house).

They took what I always felt was a pretty fun ending and kind of just... unhyped it? idk.

Rockk

It's pretty disgusting that they're promoting Brutal Doom. It's a really shit mod made by an even shittier human being.

So I just bought the most recent Humble Bundle, but I already had a couple of the games. So here's a giveaway for the people in this thread.
Thanks yo!
Two Best Friends Play Brutal Doom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRh_8Dl-jYM
http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/mystery-box-episode-020/

One of the best mods for one of the best FPSes.
That was really fun to watch, especially as they both are forming opinions on it.
It's pretty disgusting that they're promoting Brutal Doom. It's a really shit mod made by an even shittier human being.
They say they've seen negative outcry over BD but don't know why, honestly I dunno the details either.

Numb

Damn. Fits more with the anime than that photo shoot looking one.
Both look good but first one seems like it belongs there less.

So you on a Rsing Thunder stream fraudwill.
Wish i had my code. You are better than Woolie i can confirm.

Too early to call next week's hour-long podcast discussion?

Castlevania: Erotic Violence!

Hint: I say it goes an hour because as soon as they start complaining about it the King of Fighters Pachi-slot gets brought up, and then it spills over into Babbeh Matt wistfully remembering frame-by-frame playback to see Mai's boobs.

Rockk

That didn't stop them from LPing any of David Cage's games.

They say they've seen negative outcry over BD but don't know why, honestly I dunno the details either.

There's two parts, the mod and the guy.

The guy is the easier part to explain - he's a racist, egotistical, misogynistic asshole who at this point has been banned from lots of the Doom communities and forums including Doomworld and Zandronum. Really the one that did it for me was when he was going to take real photos of dead people and body parts and digitize them to use them for the gibs. He eventually didn't because every other person in the Doom community isn't a sociopath but the fact that he even thought is good enough.

His name is Sergeant Mark IV and I'm sure you can find all the stuff quite easily if you really want a fucked up read. Although some of the forum mods are idiots and delete posts instead of publicly shaming him.

The mod on the other hand just slows the game down and ruins the simplicity of doom. As is explained in the video, Mouse Look is terrible, the gun sprites are fucked, the fatality animations slow the game down and one of the major complaints of Doom 4. ADS is added for the call of duty and babby console gamers.I mean the list goes on and on. There are better visual mods out there. Reloading is dumb and doesn't add anything. Regen health was a thing at a point. I can still go on but I won't.

Also not sure if it was Pat's side but why would you ever get rid of the Doom guys face. Holy shit why even play Doom at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom