• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 4: Pat, Please Come Back. We're Not Creepy Anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

So it's up to me save this thread, he?
I got nothing....
Did you know that Nia is the superior Waifu?

iori_laugh.gif

Anung

Un Rama
Man, if you thought Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor was not canon in it's premise, boy, once you get to that ending, whoa jeez.

Hey Kellogs Boobery, now that we fucking killed Sauron in a boss fight that was maybe 90 seconds long and entirely made out of QTEs, why don't we go make our own One Ring of Power to Rule Them All *SMASH CUT TO ROCK MUSIC CREDITS YEAH*

I am completely serious.

Like I just watched the movies, I'm no big Tolkien nerd but jeez guys really.

After all the good will they built up its like they either run out of ideas, money or willpower. Most flaccid ending to a game I think I've seen.

The Tower "boss" was the weakest "boss" I've ever been against. Especially when the other guy was a good fight and the bad guys were built up well enough.

I was also annoyed by the epic orc battle being a 12 v 12 lan party D:

Nah, I think they should Lay off the RPGs for awhile. Do something out of the norm or a really obscure game like God Hand.

Also. The Best Friends need to do a Simpsons Month or Week

Godhand would be great, but I don't think they're willing to dedicate entire episodes to one boss fight get nothing else done. It would put a wet blanket on any banter.

Maybe they'll do Ultimax's story mode since it isn't eight different retreads of the same plot points.

Whoop! Alien Isolation arrived :D Now to wait for the cover of dark to get my fear on.

If there was any game I wish Matt and Pat do for October, it's A:I. I want to see what they think of the Xenomorph perpetually chasing you.

What playthrough(s) do you guys see happening after Shittribution?
I'm thinking Earthbound.

Earthbound should be a Pat and Liam LP. I'd like to hear their thoughts on the game and they're the big RPG players of the group.

I'm probably going to miss the creation of thread 5 due to work but I will be here in spirit.

Also this new Love Live event is pretty cool, (playing against 4 people to get the highest score) but I feel sorry for new players or people with no luck in gachapons types. They don't stand a chance playing against someone with a stacked team

I'm probably going to miss the creation of thread 5 due to work but I will be here in spirit.

Also this new Love Live event is pretty cool, (playing against 4 people to get the highest score) but I feel sorry for new players or people with no luck in gachapons types. They don't stand a chance playing against someone with a stacked team

One can only hope that they have some sort of matchmaking. (That one being myself)

I saw we did a favorite albums thing last night, here's my top two.

I'm not big into BNL, but I do love Weird Fishes/Arpeggi from In Rainbows

Hybrid Theory and Minutes to Midnight are my favorite LP albums.

Favorite Jay-Z album: The Black Album.
The Blueprint is a very close second.

Honorable mentions to RHCP - Californication.

If I wasn't on mobile, ibcould link pictures.

My top 3 albums of all time are Aquemini by OutKast, Jar of Flies, by Alice in Chains, and Welcome to Sky Valley, hy Kyuss.

I can never actually name a favourite anything of all time but some of my favourite albums are

Ritual by The Black Dahlia Murder
Master of Puppets by Metallica
The Blackening by Machine Head
Existence is Futile by Revocation
I Unironically love The Dethalbum 2 by Dethklok
And I saw it mentioned earlier, but like every Angry Canadian kid from my age group, Billy Talent 2 was one of my favourites

Revel at my surface metal tastes

I can never actually name a favourite anything of all time but some of my favourite albums are

Ritual by The Black Dahlia Murder
Master of Puppets by Metallica
The Blackening by Machine Head
Existence is Futile by Revocation
I Unironically love The Dethalbum 2 by Dethklok
And I saw it mentioned earlier, but like every Angry Canadian kid from my age group, Billy Talent 2 was one of my favourites

Revel at my surface metal tastes

If you like Metallica, you should check out Iced Earth.

Basically Metallica without all of the pretentiousness.

Thanks. It's just most of the time I come here it's Persona talk, and as a person who knows shit all about Persona (My first will probably be Persona Q), I got nothin.
If you actually play PQ as your first Persona/SMT game you're gonna be in for a weird time. It looks like it will closer to Etrian odyssey than Persona in gameplay. It's also a fanservice game for P3/4 fans,

So you might be a bit lost. Not that you shouldn't pick it up, but it'd probably be a bad introduction.
(Not trying to start Persona talk just an FYI)

Thanks. It's just most of the time I come here it's Persona talk, and as a person who knows shit all about Persona (My first will probably be Persona Q), I got nothin.
I know that feeling all too well. My only foray into the Persona series is Arena.

I simply can't get into Golden.

Do what I did and buy P3 FES or P3P either for PS2 or for Vita.

That will be your first introduction to the series and it'll tell you whether you like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom