• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Bomberman R |OT| Buggler? I Hardly Know Her!

duckroll

FC: SW-2601-0112-3743

We probably won't be adding a FC to the member profile now because we'll be migrating to new forum software at some point. Hopefully sooner than later. When that happens all the extra little stuff will be added probably.

Is it possible to play the bosses from SP in Multiplayer matches?

Just bought the sale after the good news and I like their design more than most of the other Bombermen.

Yes, you can. In order to get them you must first complete every level in single player (on any difficulty, so you can just cheese it by doing it all on easy) then each character costs 5000 gem (in-game currency you get for completing single player worlds or for playing in competitive online) except pretty bomber who costs something exorbitant.

Seik

Banned
FC: SW-2601-0112-3743

We probably won't be adding a FC to the member profile now because we'll be migrating to new forum software at some point. Hopefully sooner than later. When that happens all the extra little stuff will be added probably.

Alright, thanks for clarifying.

Will add you tonight! See you online!

deleted

Yes, they unlock after you finish Story Mode. They cost 5K gems each so best of luck getting them all.

Yes, you can. In order to get them you must first complete every level in single player (on any difficulty, so you can just cheese it by doing it all on easy) then each character costs 5000 gem (in-game currency you get for completing single player worlds or for playing in competitive online) except pretty bomber who costs something exorbitant.

Great - I plan on playing SP mostly in Coop with a friend. That doesn't matter, right? Done is done?

flohen95

My FC is SW-5158-2766-6983.

Have been enjoying the game since launch, but the recent improvements are a good reason to come back to it more often.

I didn't mind the state of the game at launch, but then, it was my first Bomberman game, so I didn't really have a point of comparison.

Great - I plan on playing SP mostly in Coop with a friend. That doesn't matter, right? Done is done?

I haven't tried myself but a quick google doesn't seem to indicate that coop would prevent you unlocking/earning anything. The campaign shows two player slots whether you play single or coop anyhoo :3

I didn't mind the state of the game at launch, but then, it was my first Bomberman game, so I didn't really have a point of comparison.
Main things you're missing out on are more types of power up (e.g. remote mines, rideable kangaroos, etc), more types of disease (my favourite being the one that sets you on fire so any bombs you touch go off immediately and you eventually die, but you kill anyone you make contact with), more game modes (survival is my fave: you can't drop bombs but the level drops tonnes in increasingly complex patterns. Last one alive wins :p ) and some stage gimmicks that may hopefully appear in future DLC stages (e.g. a mushroom stage where you can jump up onto the mushroom blocks to bounce along the stage)
Oh and the story modes in the other bombermen games feel a bit different too.

Regiruler

Wait, do some maps have different rules for throwing/punching? I swear throwing is longer in old-school and bombs bounce on top of breakables, unlike any other stage or single player.

klier

Only have Zelda, which is nearing the end with 170+ hours of play.

Might actually get Bomberman, this 60 fps update has got me exited.

I think I want to actually pick this up now. I see a few posts that they change SP camera, I know originally it was angled. Is it now just a top down Bomberman style for SP? If so that's what I wanted all along. Also good on Konami for supporting all this, and whatever magic they have going from 30 to 60 fps ,adding new levels, and I think new characters soon too.

Basically what I need to know is it old school camera style in SP and Multi? Meaning
This:
Super+Bomberman+2+Super20Bomberman202202.jpg

Not this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Pokemaniac

I think I want to actually pick this up now. I see a few posts that they change SP camera, I know originally it was angled. Is it now just a top down Bomberman style for SP? If so that's what I wanted all along. Also good on Konami for supporting all this, and whatever magic they have going from 30 to 60 fps ,adding new levels, and I think new characters soon too.

Basically what I need to know is it old school camera style in SP and Multi? Meaning
This:
Super+Bomberman+2+Super20Bomberman202202.jpg

Not this:

maxresdefault.jpg

You can now make the SP camera straight. It's still angled by default, but hitting L+R turns it. MP camera was always straight.

Regiruler

I was really hoping Pyramid Head bomber was real :(

Whoever made that did a great job, and even used the Silent Hill 2 version instead of the movie version... *Thumbs up*

I'm pretty sure it's real. It was shown on famitsu.
But no way to default it to straight. I don't want that cocked angle at anytime

Go into basic settings. Story Camera Position -> Front.

FYI if you leave it to manual it defaults to whatever you had the camera at last as far as I can tell. Some stages were designed with the slight tilt.

Not to be a pain in the ass but does anyone here have a screenshot of the camera with the new patch straight on, just so I can see if that's what I want before I drop 50 bucks on this. Thanks in advance :)

From Konami twitter- is it like this- this is what I want in SP and multiplayer
C98SliGUIAACCIu.jpg

Se_7_eN

All of these are supposedly free DLC.

... Nice of me to join this thread and be wrong in all 2 posts I have made so far.

Thanks for this information, I don't have a Switch yet but am getting one for the fiance and I soon, so Bomberman and Zelda are a must.

Regiruler

Not to be a pain in the ass but does anyone here have a screenshot of the camera with the new patch straight on, just so I can see if that's what I want before I drop 50 bucks on this. Thanks in advance :)

From Konami twitter- is it like this- this is what I want in SP and multiplayer
C98SliGUIAACCIu.jpg

Multiplayer has always been this angle fwiw.

I forgot my twitter password so I can't post screenshots anywhere.

What's your FC? :D

Also, a Switch FC section on members profiles could prove to be useful! 😀

I just put my FC in the Bio spot on my profile. That should work for now.

I'll probably be trying to get a room going tonight after work around 7pm central if anyone is interested. I'll start up a room if there isn't one going at the time.

FC is 7312-0144-8729 if anyone wants to add me.
Nickname is Rudeboy

arimanius

Been waiting to pick this up. Patched convinced me to picked this up at lunch. Can't remember the last time I played a bomberman game.

Add me for some multiple fun.

SW-0843-6237-3218

Played a quick online game before work really impressed with how good it was no real noticeable lag at all.

I'll be down for a few games later tonight probably around 8pm BST.
My Friend code is: SW-1241-4616-7523

just added you now. I'm ready to play

Neiteio

Which multiplayer maps should I save up gems to buy first? Hard to tell how they play from the thumbnails, but Arabian Palace and Lagoon look cool.

Camjo-Z

Is it just me or is The Great Wall a horrible map? Not only does it make killing yourself at the start an even more viable strategy than normal since opponents only have one exit route, it's also blatantly biased towards whoever has the high ground since they can block the ramp with bombs and stay out of the reach of revenge carts, who have no choice but to spam anyone stuck on the sides.

Regiruler

Is it just me or is The Great Wall a horrible map? Not only does it make killing yourself at the start an even more viable strategy than normal since opponents only have one exit route, it's also blatantly biased towards whoever has the high ground since they can block the ramp with bombs and stay out of the reach of revenge carts, who have no choice but to spam anyone stuck on the sides.
Revenge carts don't do well in the early game because of how strict the throwing is. You can block off, but you have absolutely no killing power. The people up top can't really get to you either, even with powerups unless they're a downright chessmaster.

Craft

Loving how much better the online is now it's like a different game.
I've had a few people add me now, shall we aim for a GAF game around 9pm BST?

Camjo-Z

Revenge carts don't do well in the early game because of how strict the throwing is. You can block off, but you have absolutely no killing power. The people up top can't really get to you either, even with powerups unless they're a downright chessmaster.

It's less that the carts are good at killing early and more that it's easier for them to do it on Great Wall than any other map due to the limited space to move on the lower level, and if they don't manage to get you in time they can further troll by throwing bombs at the ramp, thus blocking off 3/4ths of the map if you don't have punch or kick.

It's less that the carts are good at killing early and more that it's easier for them to do it on Great Wall than any other map due to the limited space to move on the lower level, and if they don't manage to get you in time they can further troll by throwing bombs at the ramp, thus blocking off 3/4ths of the map if you don't have punch or kick.

Kick won't help. If you try to kick a bomb up a ramp it just bounces off :p

edit: derp, just checked and the bomb lands on a point that's got clear lines up and down so you can kick it fine. No idea why I thought the wall was only 1 ramp high XD
the new graphics for the ramps are a huuuuge improvement over the old ones that used to blend in with the floor tiles though :3

Regiruler

Holy hell, the amount of gems you get on normal makes easy look like chump change (800 for no continues is huge).
Kick won't help. If you try to kick a bomb up a ramp it just bounces off :p

edit: derp, just checked and the bomb lands on a point that's got clear lines up and down so you can kick it fine. No idea why I thought the wall was only 1 ramp high XD
the new graphics for the ramps are a huuuuge improvement over the old ones that used to blend in with the floor tiles though :3

FWIW, it's not relevant on great wall but if you try to kick a bomb down a ramp it doesn't continue sliding as you would expect and stops at the bottom.

duckroll

Finished the first Planet. I really like the voiced cutscenes. The artwork is REALLY good imo. The dub's not annoying either. It feels like a legit Bomberman Saturday Morning Cartoon skit. Haha.

I think the patch made a huge different in terms of camera, but I kinda wish it tilted a little more to an actual top down view. The angle still makes it a little annoying to gauge distance sometimes when there are too many blocks.

Top Bottom