• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Famicom preorders open today.

Porcile

Didn't see a thread so just a heads up that stores in Japan are taking in-store pre-orders for the Super Famicom Mini today in Japan. Where I'm at now there are hundreds of people in line for it. The store isn't open yet. This thing is going to be crazy popular.

Update - Yodobashi in-store so far. Maybe other big chains too. Check with your local store first. Maybe preorders already closed or haven't even opened yet.

Edit - Sold out on Amazon for now. Regular price is around 8000 yen. If you see anything higher than that then it is likely a third party seller.

00000703_01.jpg

And games:

Contra 3: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country
F-Zero
Final Fantasy 6
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Kirby Super Star
Mega Man X
Panel de Pon
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Super Soccer
Super Ghouls n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Metroid
Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past[/QUOTE]

Didn't see a thread so just a heads up that stores in Japan are taking in-store pre-orders for the Super Famicom Mini today in Japan. Where I'm at now there are hundreds of people in line for it. The store isn't open yet. This thing is going to be crazy popular.

I assume online orders will be soon.

What time do you expect Amazon to put it up? I think they first had Switch pre-orders at 7 AM? What time is it now?

entremet

For the OP:

00000703_01.jpg

And games:

Contra 3: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country
F-Zero
Final Fantasy 6
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Kirby Super Star
Mega Man X
Panel de Pon
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Super Soccer
Super Ghouls n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Metroid
Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Porcile

Right, Yodobashi preorder day is today so if anyone knows what other stores are doing it today then let me know.

KtSlime

Right, Yodobashi preorder day is today so if anyone knows what other stores are doing it today then let me know.

According to Engadget.jp only Yodobashi and Kojima, Joshin and BicCamera have opted to do lottery preorders. No word from Amazon or Omni7.

Aeana

Sigh. I managed to preorder a Famicom Mini through Amazon last time, but I don't think it's gonna work out this time.

LurLurLUR

Neo Member
Tried my hand at both Nojima and Yobadashi online preodering. Yobadashi sold out in 11 minutes and I couldn't get past the name and email address page. Nojima still had some packed with a 5 year warranty for ¥1200 more but timed out after entering credit card information and then sold out at the 50 minutes mark.

Wasn't the Famicom Mini easy to buy for months after release (and maybe still is)? Why do people think the Super Famicom Mini will be harder to get? Especially with Nintendo probably making more of them.

Porcile

Wasn't the Famicom Mini easy to buy for months after release (and maybe still is)? Why do people think the Super Famicom Mini will be harder to get? Especially with Nintendo probably making more of them.

Err no? It was available for a while and then became impossible to find. No one saw the popularity of that one coming so it was easy to preorder. Now everyone knows this thing will be insanely popular.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It's double the price? You can buy anything if you pay enough.
It's marked up by like $25 USD. That's basically an import tax.

Look at the NES minis which sold for 3-4 times the MSRP.

Famicom Mini is an order of magnitude less rare than the other regions.

Porcile

It's marked up by like $25 USD. That's basically an import tax.

Look at the NES minis which sold for 3-4 times the MSRP.

Famicom Mini is an order of magnitude less rare than the other regions.

I don't want to encourage that even if it is a lot cheaper than another version. Famicom Mini was 6000 yen on release. That's double the price.

Aeana

I just think it is fair that the people in the country the product is for get first crack at buying it. That and I found out that exporters don't even pay their fair taxes.

If there is an excess, I hope Amazon opens up sales for other countries.

And people who grew up in Japan and are nostalgic for this specific system and games but are no longer living in Japan should just be out of luck, right?

And people who grew up in Japan and are nostalgic for this specific system and games but are no longer living in Japan should just be out of luck, right?
You took the words right out of my mouth. I grew up with a super famicom, with only a few games, and I beat them even though I do not speak a word of Japanese. I HAVE to get this toy.

Top Bottom