• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Famicom preorders open today.

KtSlime

And people who grew up in Japan and are nostalgic for this specific system and games but are no longer living in Japan should just be out of luck, right?

Of course not, but I don't think that scalpers and people dodging taxes and hoping to save a few dollars on the exchange should have the same ability to get one. I don't dislike anyone who likes the Super Famicom.

Gone in 5 minutes of the store opening.

*Reservations are finished, they don't know when they take the next order of reservations.*

PULTNqn.jpg

Meeps

As long as Amazon themselves are fulfilling it, yeah they'll ship it.

Have bought quite a few books and CDs from them. Even some Splatoon stuff.

Phew, thanks! Wasn't sure if I'd need a forwarding service on this one.

Looks like both are sold out already!

Edit: Going in and out when I refresh...

chrono01

I placed an order, but can they really ship these to the US?
If they couldn't ship these outside of Japan, it would prevent you from placing the order. No worries. I had absolutely no issues having the NES Classic Mini being shipped to me through Amazon Japan, as well as several other items. It came extremely fast too, especially given the cheaper-priced shipping.

I got the one without an AC Adapter - do I still get postcards? I made a nice framed thing with the ones from the Famicom Mini.

chrono01

I got the one without an AC Adapter - do I still get postcards? I made a nice framed thing with the ones from the Famicom Mini.
You do indeed, it's an Amazon Japan exclusive, so if you got just the system or the one with the AC Adapter, you get the postcards.

does it have this on your item order detail?
【Amazon.co.jp限定】ポストカード18種セット 付
if not, then no

chrono01

Sweet! I can't believe how easy it was to pre-order from Japan...again!
Yeah, it's nice to place an order on a website for an in-demand item that doesn't give me constant 404 errors and/or crash for an extended period of time.

Thank you, Japan.

I guess amazon jp exclusive item this time is quite good
The postcards for the original NES Classic Mini were really nice, so here's hoping the same applies here.

NeOak

One per account apparently, so one of your orders will likely be cancelled.

Yeah, this one looks active but it doesn't come with the postcards.

It's one of each listing per account.

You could have bought one each of the 3 listings.

I have this page (which still says pre-order):
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B075MK6THW/

If not, no big.

Yeah, if they don't have ポストカード18種セット 付, then no.

Those are sold out already,.

Top Bottom