• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

RBH said:
K-Mart is having a deal on Super Mario Galaxy 2 from 5/23-5/29:

I just got the K-Mart ad for next week(5/23-5/29) and it seems if you pick up Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $49.99 they will give you a $30.00 off coupon good on the other Mario titled Wii games. There are 5 titles listed that the coupon will work on and they are also all on sale for $44.99. So take the $30.00 coupon off and end up paying $14.99 plus your local tax.

Titles Listed
1. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
2. Mario Kart Wii(with wheel)
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Mario Party 8
5. Mario Super Sluggers

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261870
Wow! I may have to cancel my Amazon order...

Doorman

So how's about that Mario, huh? I hear he jumps in this game!

...it kind of sucks to avoid spoilers. I'm not even watching that most recent transmission video because even if I know what it is, I still want to experience it on my own for the first time. Same with the 120 star reward, which I've gathered from some people's non-spoilered comments about it. If only all the shit going on in here wasn't so entertaining, then I could just avoid it all together and feel better once the disc is in my hands.

BowieZ

Banned
Okay, guys, let's play predictions.

Watch (or for those on media blackout, listen to) this. The Bowser's Road music. Orchestrated. So:

How many hits will an uploaded version of this song get on YouTube by the end of Sunday night US Pacific time?

(Only the most popular upload of the song will count.)

CassSept

Boney said:
Umm it's edited.. check the "this thread" part of it.
Isn't it some sort of a script though? Whenever I see lyre's post "this thread" links to the very exact thread, like for example here.
Well, at least this new thread title is a bit better. Still don't get what was wrong with "The Thread" though :/

Sadist

Nunchucks.jpg

BEWARE

mugwhump

EmCeeGramr said:
so say that, hypothetically, someone has to choose between mario galaxy 2 and trauma team

is there a solution that doesn't involve jumping off a bridge or seppuku
There's always the classic "bungie seppuku maneuver"

edit: lol threadtitle

Boney

Banned
CassSept said:
Isn't it some sort of a script though? Whenever I see lyre's post "this thread" links to the very exact thread, like for example here.
Well, at least this new thread title is a bit better. Still don't get what was wrong with "The Thread" though :/
You might be right :p
It was pretty funny though, I thought he changed it himself.

Haunted

So how about that new Mario game, eh? I hear it's pretty good.

Although I'm still torn whether to check out more media for this - getting
Throwback Galaxy
]spoiled was a bittersweet feeling.

Haunted

I am thoroughly impressed with the amount of new ideas in this one, even if we've only seen bits and pieces so far. They're definitely not playing it safe, but are leveraging the assets and engine for a completely new (insanely creative) experience. Just as it should be. EAD Tokyo :bow :bow

I'm also happy that we're getting a steady stream of media - ample screens, videos and hands-on impressions of the game. Don't know if I could take another Excitebots marketing disaster.

I'm sure it will be like it's been in the past few iterations but.....you don't happen to be able to leave a stage and keep Yoshi/Powerup and take it with you anywhere?

I miss being able to keep my power ups from stage to stage.

Also, if there is a flying power up again, I hope you can use it in actual levels this time around.

Sadist

Haunted said:
I'm also happy that we're getting a steady stream of media - ample screens, videos and hands-on impressions of the game. Don't know if I could take another Excitebots marketing disaster.
Well it is Mario afterall. They won't send him out to die.

Haunted

Incitemaybe said:
I'm sure it will be like it's been in the past few iterations but.....you don't happen to be able to leave a stage and keep Yoshi/Powerup and take it with you anywhere?

Also, if there is a flying power up again, I hope you can use it in actual levels this time around.
Don't think so, no.

Speaking of power-ups, have they said whether the new power-ups will replace some of the ones from Galaxy 1 or are these added on top?

I remember reading that the spring is out.

BowieZ

Banned
Incitemaybe said:

The most recent iteration actually let you keep your powerup in between levels.

Haunted said:
I remember reading that the spring is out.
Spring is back in. I just heard footage! :lol

Top Bottom