• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Wow, today has been fun. Mod drama abounds. And apparently my dumbass brother still hasn't canceled our GameCrazy preorder and ordered through Amazon, so I'll be doing that myself tonight, grrr...

Haunted

Sadist said:
Well it is Mario afterall. They won't send him out to die.
It's interesting that many (me included) thought that this "surprise, bitches! announcement now, release next month!" strategy would be Nintendo's way going forward for more titles...

I mean, it was clear that mainline Mario game and other "big" titles would never get this treatment, but here's hoping that this was just an experiment Nintendo went through and we won't have to suffer more titles getting sent to die like that.

I do so love my preposterously frequent updates. <3

GaussTek

Scribble said:
ih1po8.gif

:eek: where's that from?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Enk said:
Sounds like I've missed some nerd dama. What was the title change that got people tiffed?

SMG 2 thread of dusting off useless consoles. Something like that. Was rather funny.

GK86 said:
SMG 2 thread of dusting off useless consoles. Something like that. Was rather funny.

Yeah it would be funny if I didn't do my taxes on my Wii.

"useless" smh smh

Edit: I don't get the dusty joke anyway, there's dust on (not in) all my consoles like crazy.

jay

RiskyChris said:

"useless" smh smh

Edit: I don't get the dusty joke anyway, there's dust on (not in) all my consoles like crazy.

Must be using them wrong. You're supposed to pick them up and waive them over your head to play.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
RiskyChris said:

"useless" smh smh

I meant, funny that a mod would change it, to get ppl worked up.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Watch, over the next few days, the thread will go from "Super Mario Galaxy 2 thread of Uncharted 2 was better" to "Super Mario Galaxy 2 thread of drinking a milkshake of distilled joy"

AniHawk

Shadowlink said:
We're already in transmission 15? I haven't seen any of the transmission videos sine #2.

Well we are about 4 days out if you're going to walk into a store and buy it day one.

I'm grabbing a bottle of bleach detergent and spray paint and I'm going to clean the hell out of my dusty wii. actually all of them gather dust, even the tv. I'm not sure what cloth to use for the tv though since it's an HD set. I used the swifter things on my old sdtv that I play the 360 and everything non-wii/ps3, but I don't know if that'd be good for the TV. Same thing goes with computer screens. My laptop monitor is preeeettty dusty and I know the main monitor at home hasn't been cleaned in 5 years because I'm afraid of scratching/damaging it. The previous one was easy to clean, but that computer died because there was too much dust in the tower. That one had lasted only 4 years, so the newest computer's been doing pretty well by comparison, especially since the guy at the store said the current one wouldn't last much longer. Something about the hard drive going. That was December of 08 though and it's still working so who knows. Although these days it is running slower than it used to. Lots of gigs of hard disk space left, and this time we backed everything up. Last time, we had to get Apple to transfer all the data. Same with the one before it. The one before it was our first computer and we actually still have it, but that thing only had a gig of hard drive space and it was from 1996. It was super outdated by the time the iMacs came out. Man, that was when I was going to middle school. And I mean just starting middle school. We had this weird summer class at the college I go to now. It was pretty interesting. 1998 was a bad year though. I mean, there was a lot good in it, but there was just one big not good thing that happened on a personal level. 1997 was pretty awesome though. I remember being 11 and thinking we had finally reached the future. 1997 sounded more futuristic than 1999 or 2000 for some reason.

in summary: I'm probably gonna play OB64 before I start SMG2

ShockingAlberto said:
All my systems are dusty because I don't pick them up to play my games

Apparently this is uncommon

I fear my PS3 harddrive might start going if I begin to swing it around while it's trying to access it, to say nothing of the disc drive

And my 360 is fucked if I look at it strongly enough

I guess that might be why I'm enjoying FFXIII more than other people? Holding the PS3 for 80 hours must be really shitty, maybe I'm having more fun because I'm doing it wrong.
tbh this post needs more love

-PXG-

:lol @ people complaining about the title change. Grow up guys. Who cares?

Sunday needs to hurry the hell up and arrive.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I have no idea if this was already known, but Famitsu scans of their Galaxy 2 reveal a returning enemy I didn't know was in;
Fuzzy!

Frillen

PUMPED!

Will get Red Dead Redemption tomorrow. Galaxy 2 on Sunday. Lost series finale on Sunday. 24 series finale on Monday :D

But then comes an exam 3 days later again :(

Boney

Banned
EatChildren said:
I have no idea if this was already known, but Famitsu scans of their Galaxy 2 reveal a returning enemy I didn't know was in;
Fuzzy!
This game is the most incredible Mario compendioum. It has everything!
The only thing it needs is a Paper Mario Galaxy and golden.

AniHawk

Frillen said:
PUMPED!

Will get Red Dead Redemption tomorrow. Galaxy 2 on Sunday. Lost series finale on Sunday. 24 series finale on Monday :D

But then comes an exam 3 days later again :(

I remember when I used to take exams.

Oh wait, there's one in two hours.

fernoca

-PXG- said:
:lol @ people complaining about the title change. Grow up guys. Who cares?

Sunday needs to hurry the hell up and arrive.
Well, it started by the "Wii dust" change..which brought the usual "lol yeah, mine's collecting dust too".....and the ones countering those arguments and some even insulting mods...then people complained and the title was changed...again..

What is weird is that the original title of "The Thread" was suggested by a mod from what I remember...

I just realized I won't have a Wii until next Sunday, nooo. I somewhat sympathize with the sting of European Delays™.

Why can't the thread title just be "The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread"? All of this nonsense is....nonsensical. Even the embarrassing first "THE THREAD" title.

Top Bottom