• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Mods are having fun with the thread title. Changing it every few hours until the game is released or what?

Doorman

Super Mario Galaxy 2| Official thread of constant subtitle changes

Everything is spoilers, I must remain vigilant! I've been counting down the number of work days I have left before glorious Mario, though I guess Saturday gets left out in that deal.

Rash said:
Honestly, man, there's no rush. Can't you just kick back and enjoy the game at your own pace?
Truth is, I'm really not rushing. I am taking the time to explore and enjoy as I normally would on purpose... I'm just playing in HUGE blocks of time. :)

I want to have this baby nice and ready for a great review, and I know I have a lot of content to cover, so... I'm all for it.

However, I am taking a break here to write some impressions and such. I'll be back in a bit!

MisterHero

I heard the first title change was about Wii collecting dust. Well my Wii DOES collect
star
dust so there!

I Push Fat Kids said:
I technically they're 2nd parties?
Maybe, I don't know :lol

AniHawk

kman3000 said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread of Mods are twelve years old.
28hcrav.jpg

Johnas

othersteve said:
Truth is, I'm really not rushing. I am taking the time to explore and enjoy as I normally would on purpose... I'm just playing in HUGE blocks of time. :)

I want to have this baby nice and ready for a great review, and I know I have a lot of content to cover, so... I'm all for it.

However, I am taking a break here to write some impressions and such. I'll be back in a bit!

Looking forward to them. Don't forget to mind your spoilers. ;)

AniHawk said:
Well we are about 4 days out if you're going to walk into a store and buy it day one.

I'm grabbing a bottle of bleach detergent and spray paint and I'm going to clean the hell out of my dusty wii. actually all of them gather dust, even the tv. I'm not sure what cloth to use for the tv though since it's an HD set. I used the swifter things on my old sdtv that I play the 360 and everything non-wii/ps3, but I don't know if that'd be good for the TV. Same thing goes with computer screens. My laptop monitor is preeeettty dusty and I know the main monitor at home hasn't been cleaned in 5 years because I'm afraid of scratching/damaging it. The previous one was easy to clean, but that computer died because there was too much dust in the tower. That one had lasted only 4 years, so the newest computer's been doing pretty well by comparison, especially since the guy at the store said the current one wouldn't last much longer. Something about the hard drive going. That was December of 08 though and it's still working so who knows. Although these days it is running slower than it used to. Lots of gigs of hard disk space left, and this time we backed everything up. Last time, we had to get Apple to transfer all the data. Same with the one before it. The one before it was our first computer and we actually still have it, but that thing only had a gig of hard drive space and it was from 1996. It was super outdated by the time the iMacs came out. Man, that was when I was going to middle school. And I mean just starting middle school. We had this weird summer class at the college I go to now. It was pretty interesting. 1998 was a bad year though. I mean, there was a lot good in it, but there was just one big not good thing that happened on a personal level. 1997 was pretty awesome though. I remember being 11 and thinking we had finally reached the future. 1997 sounded more futuristic than 1999 or 2000 for some reason.

in summary: I'm probably gonna play OB64 before I start SMG2
Did you quote the wrong person? :lol

AniHawk

Shadowlink said:
Oh! It didn't make sense, that's why. I guess I read it wrong. :lol

Anyways, it's almost Sunday! :D

Well one trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.

mj1108

Super Mario Galaxy 2 | Official Thread of PSP port as yet unconfirmed

I saw that and was all "What the fuck?". :lol

I Push Fat Kids said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread of IGN Quality (Mods)

IGN Quality is an oxymoron if I ever saw one.

AniHawk said:
Well one trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.
Super Mario Galaxy 2| Official Thread of Anihawk stories that lead to no where. :p

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Can't wait for E3.
SMG on the PSP will be fucking glorious.
Couldn't think of a better platform to port SMG to.
Like the Wii, the PSP only has 1 analog stick.

geeko

Super Mario Galaxy 2 | Official Thread of "Itsa me Mario, and if you mods don't stopa messing witha my thread I will sticka my Yoshi on you filthy paizanos!"

Sorry for being lazy but it gets confusing with all the spoiler parts but is there another playable character besides Mario when it's all said and done???

Yes or no???

WillyFive

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Sorry for being lazy but it gets confusing with all the spoiler parts but is there another playable character besides Mario when it's all said and done???

Yes or no???

Yes.

Top Bottom