• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

Okay, this is stupid. Just make it "The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread" and be done with it.
Why bring sophomoric console wars bullshit in here, mods?

pakkit

Banned
mario-luigi-costumes.jpg

I like that Mario's got the "Not My Problem" Reggie face.

civilstrife said:
Okay, this is stupid. Just make it "The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread" and be done with it.
Why bring sophomoric console wars bullshit in here, mods?

For cheap lulz, basically.
And here I thought that most of the GAF mods were above abusing their power, but oh well.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
pakkit said:
No, he got banned for criticizing IGN.
It seems pretty stupid for the mods to turn a perfectly good thread into a stage for their comedy-hour thread titles and then get pissed off when people say they aren't funny.

Epcott

Ha ha
Wtf is going on with this thread title?

I demand a port for the Phantom
JK don't ban me dude!

What happened to the "of of of of of of of..."?

Epcott said:
Ha ha
Wtf is going on with this thread title?

I demand a port for the Phantom
JK don't ban me dude!

What happened to the "of of of of of of of..."?
Eh. What likely happened is this:

1. Mod changes title for laughs because "Mario Galaxy 2: The Thread" is generic and stupid

2. People get pissed at the title because, again, they are chasing that dollar bill

3. Now mods see how easily riled up people got over it and are now having fun with it because why not.

If people would stop reacting - or chasing the dollar bill - then they would stop tugging on the line.

TreIII

ShockingAlberto said:

1. Mod changes title for laughs because "Mario Galaxy 2: The Thread" is generic and stupid

2. People get pissed at the title because, again, they are chasing that dollar bill

3. Now mods see how easily riled up people got over it and are now having fun with it because why not.

If people would stop reacting - or chasing the dollar bill - then they would stop tugging on the line.

Once again...

ShockingAlberto
is too reasonable
for this forum

:lol

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
ShockingAlberto said:

Well, because they're mods and aren't supposed to troll.

ShockingAlberto said:
And here the standard 'don't feed the troll' advice is being dispensed in reference to mods.

Amazing.

AniHawk said:
Well we are about 4 days out if you're going to walk into a store and buy it day one.

I'm grabbing a bottle of bleach detergent and spray paint and I'm going to clean the hell out of my dusty wii. actually all of them gather dust, even the tv. I'm not sure what cloth to use for the tv though since it's an HD set. I used the swifter things on my old sdtv that I play the 360 and everything non-wii/ps3, but I don't know if that'd be good for the TV. Same thing goes with computer screens. My laptop monitor is preeeettty dusty and I know the main monitor at home hasn't been cleaned in 5 years because I'm afraid of scratching/damaging it. The previous one was easy to clean, but that computer died because there was too much dust in the tower. That one had lasted only 4 years, so the newest computer's been doing pretty well by comparison, especially since the guy at the store said the current one wouldn't last much longer. Something about the hard drive going. That was December of 08 though and it's still working so who knows. Although these days it is running slower than it used to. Lots of gigs of hard disk space left, and this time we backed everything up. Last time, we had to get Apple to transfer all the data. Same with the one before it. The one before it was our first computer and we actually still have it, but that thing only had a gig of hard drive space and it was from 1996. It was super outdated by the time the iMacs came out. Man, that was when I was going to middle school. And I mean just starting middle school. We had this weird summer class at the college I go to now. It was pretty interesting. 1998 was a bad year though. I mean, there was a lot good in it, but there was just one big not good thing that happened on a personal level. 1997 was pretty awesome though. I remember being 11 and thinking we had finally reached the future. 1997 sounded more futuristic than 1999 or 2000 for some reason.

in summary: I'm probably gonna play OB64 before I start SMG2
My story goes back to nineteen dickety two. We had to say dickety back then because the damn Kaiser stole the word twenty. I chased him for dickety-six miles and got tired.

ShockingAlberto said:

It's pretty annoying that the only thing discussed for hundreds of posts is the thread title >.> If only someone could make that stop. I mean, even you're talking about the thread title! It's crazy town!

Aaron Strife said:
My story goes back to nineteen dickety two. We had to say dickety back then because the damn Kaiser stole the word twenty. I chased him for dickety-six miles and got tired.

You know, there really aren't enough Grandpa Simpson quotes said these days.

domstah

RiskyChris said:
It's pretty annoying that the only thing discussed for hundreds of posts is the thread title >.> If only someone could make that stop.
The thread title is the only thing worth discussing until Sunday.

KevinCow

Banned
So anyway I'm going into this game mostly blind. I've been on media blackout since last E3. Haven't even read the OP of this thread. I mean I started to, but then I saw a picture of a power-up I hadn't seen yet and immediately stopped because I really regretted knowing all of the first SMG's power-ups ahead of time.

Going into this one blind and without hype on overkill should be a pretty different experience from the first one, for which I ate up every tiny bit of information I could find and went in expecting the greatest game ever.

KevinCow said:
So anyway I'm going into this game mostly blind. I've been on media blackout since last E3. Haven't even read the OP of this thread. I mean I started to, but then I saw a picture of a power-up I hadn't seen yet and immediately stopped because I really regretted knowing all of the first SMG's power-ups ahead of time.

Going into this one blind and without hype on overkill should be a pretty different experience from the first one, for which I ate up every tiny bit of information I could find and went in expecting the greatest game ever.

I hope you have a soft floor, since your jaw will be on it the entire time.
:D

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The_Technomancer said:
Okay, so what thread titles did I miss between "of of of of of" and "psp port"?
The first change, "thread of using the previously useless console that was collecting dust" or something.

ShockingAlberto said:
Hard to happen, even if the regulars stop reacting each change brings in new people saying "sup guys, what's going on with the title lolol".

Vinci

Danish
RiskyChris said:
It's pretty annoying that the only thing discussed for hundreds of posts is the thread title >.>

I expect big things from the thread titles for the Official GT5 Thread. Big things. Oh, and Halo Reach's Official Thread as well.

Michan

Vinci said:
I expect big things from the thread titles for the Official GT5 Thread. Big things. Oh, and Halo Reach's Official Thread as well.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 | Official Thread of Expecting Big Things

It's... perfect.

Doorman

Michan said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 | Official Thread of Expecting Big Things

It's... perfect.
I don't know, I think I prefer "Super Mario Galaxy 2| Official Thread of sup guys, what's up with the title lolol"

Michan

Doorman said:
I don't know, I think I prefer "Super Mario Galaxy 2| Official Thread of sup guys, what's up with the title lolol"
Super Mario Galaxy 2 | Official Thread of did the mods just change the thread title again?

kman3000

Vinci said:
GT5 Thread of PS3 no longer an expensive paperweight?

kidding of course

Krev said:

And here the standard 'don't feed the troll' advice is being dispensed in reference to mods.

Amazing.

This.

This shit is annoying and we all know that someone is just trolling. >.>

udivision

Krev said:

Amazing.

GAF is a step above the rest. This thread is not evidence of that. =/

seat

Cute thread title. I guess. I dunno. It's not as clever as the mod who made the change thinks it is, that's for sure. He should probably try again.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
udivision said:
GAF is a step above the rest. This thread is not evidence of that. =/
Exactly. I thought GAF was meant to be above this kind of thing. Aren't the rules so strict partly to stop users from trolling like this? Why is it okay if mods do it?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
EmCeeGramr said:
so say that, hypothetically, someone has to choose between mario galaxy 2 and trauma team

is there a solution that doesn't involve jumping off a bridge or seppuku
You save your money for Sin and Punishment 2.

Top Bottom