• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey - 10/10 from Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestEgg

I think Zelda and Mario get 10's for the same reason people love nostalgia... Because Zelda had alot of flaws other games would get killed in, especially frame rate issues.
Mario has meh graphics, not as bad slow down...but thats just from playing the demo, so ill also admit that what i was playing may not be the final code.

Can we all just agree to ignore this one and not restart the thread derail?

Let's not act like 10/10 is some kind of controversial score for TLoU.
jlok.gif

Freeman76

I was on the fence about Switch. Bought one a week ago and so happy I did. BoTW is one of the best games Ive played in yonks, and mario looks to be capable of keeping me away from the PS4 for another month or so too! Nintendo is magic.

bionic77

I think Zelda and Mario get 10's for the same reason people love nostalgia... Because Zelda had alot of flaws other games would get killed in, especially frame rate issues.
Mario has meh graphics, not as bad slow down...but thats just from playing the demo, so ill also admit that what i was playing may not be the final code.
Shit he cracked the code.

It is all nostalgia.

Blario would level off at a solid 8 on Edge.

:lol @ the delusion and condescension people have when something they don't like is popular. Maybe it could be that you didn't get what makes it good? Nah it's all the others that are wrong!

Majukun

There was never any doubt.

Best first year ever for a console... and all they ever needed was 2 games.

the porblem is what nintendo will do after this..the entire point of the switch is to allow them to rapid fire excellent games at a deent pace...they have already dropped 2 "A grade" shells, but they must keep coming since the third party situation it's still not that good.

20cent

Banned
Edge has also said that these seven games should have gotten tens:

GoldenEye 007
Advance Wars
Resident Evil 4
Drop7
Red Dead Redemption
Super Street Fighter IV
Dark Souls

Drop7 is one of the only games I can play on mobile. It's really great.

vanx0

lmao get out of here.

Little Mons†er;251683271 said:
From Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival to Mario Odysslay, Nintendo finally had their epiphany
I think the epiphany was, "only green light small, cheap games for Wii U and hold the good stuff back for Switch."

That and those late, B-tier Wii U games only help with asset creation for the main events on Switch.

To be honest the moon/korok seed comment isn't giving me the warm and fuzzies.

I'm not sure why. Korok seeds were optional and the majority of moons will be as well.

People put way too much stock in the vast amount of seeds in BotW. I've played the game for 160 hours and have only located a little over 100 of them. And all of them were by happy accident.

If this number worries you because you're a completionist....stop being a completionist.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Do people not know Probusinessgamer?

To be honest the moon/korok seed comment isn't giving me the warm and fuzzies.

Exactly, I hope it was more of an exaggeration.

People didn't expect (And some still) Xenoblade 2 this year... and look. Embrace the new Nintendo.

I'd believe you, but we're talking about Game Freak here.

I'm not sure why. Korok seeds were optional and the majority of moons will be as well.

People put way too much stock in the vast amount of seeds in BotW. I've played the game for 160 hours and have only located a little over 100 of them. And all of them were by happy accident.

If this number worries you because you're a completionist....stop being a completionist.

Korok Seeds are more of a currency though. Moons feel more substantial, so equating them to Korok Seeds is a bit... scary. I'd understand it more if they mean the local coins.

Very good sign that the hype for Odyssey is going to be justified.

This is how Nintendo needs to roll into each generation.

Drop 2 or more evergreen titles right out of the gate and let the money roll in for 4+ years.

Korok Seeds are more of a currency though. Moons feel more substantial, so equating them to Korok Seeds is a bit... scary. I'd understand it more if they mean the local coins.

Sounds like Edge is just comparing them in terms of amount. Not function. It's pretty much guaranteed there's going to be waaaaay more than 900 "local" coins in the game.

But you know why they get 10s though? cause the game is actually good. Did you think about that? Just even for one second?

AzureFlame

EDGE 10/10 Games so far.

Super Mario 64 (1996)
Gran Turismo (1997)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998)
Halo: Combat Evolved (2001)
Half-Life 2 (2004)
Halo 3 (2007)
The Orange Box (2007)
Super Mario Galaxy (2007)
Grand Theft Auto IV (2008)
LittleBigPlanet (2008)
Bayonetta (2009)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010)
Rock Band 3 (2010)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2011)
The Last of Us (2013)
Grand Theft Auto V (2013)
Bayonetta 2 (2014)
Bloodborne (2015)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)
Super Mario Odyssey (2017)

GTA4
Skyward Sword
The last of us
Bloodborne
BotW

i love them soo much but they are not a 10 for me.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
The ๖ۜBronx;251683484 said:

TLoU has 98 reviews on Metacritic, a third of which are perfect 10's. You can post all the reaction gifs you want but they won't change the facts.

Heropon.

Neo Member
EDGE 10/10 Games so far.

Super Mario 64 (1996)
Gran Turismo (1997)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998)
Halo: Combat Evolved (2001)
Half-Life 2 (2004)
Halo 3 (2007)
The Orange Box (2007)
Super Mario Galaxy (2007)
Grand Theft Auto IV (2008)
LittleBigPlanet (2008)
Bayonetta (2009)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010)
Rock Band 3 (2010)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2011)
The Last of Us (2013)
Grand Theft Auto V (2013)
Bayonetta 2 (2014)
Bloodborne (2015)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)
Super Mario Odyssey (2017)

This is a great list, excepted Rock Band 3 IMO.
So this is the first year that the same publisher has two 10s from Edge.

bionic77

I can't wait for this game, but a 10 from Edge isn't impressive. Skyward Sword greatly devalued the score.
Edge lost all credibility with a singular review.

Random junior members on the other hand. You can always count on em.

:lol

I hope you all are just trolling. That would be funny. If you guys believe this stuff that is pathetic.

xviper

They sympathize? What??? Can it not be Nintendo still makes incredible games? Nevermind we always call out Nintendo's shitty stuff. Did you see Federation Force and Amiibo Festival? Mario Parties in general? Mario Tennis? Star Fox Zero? Yoshi's "New" Island? They got some shitty stuff in their catalogue from the past generation.

they sympathize with poplar and loved franchises of nintendo, the games you listed are ignored by most nintendo fans

BOTW is one of the greatest games i have ever played and possibly in my top 5 of all time, it got a score of 97 in MC while The witcher 3 got 92 ? wtf ? Witcher 3 is obviously the better game, not just in my opinion, but in general, Witcher 3 is the best game released in the last decade, most people agree to that, so why did it get 92 while BOTW got 97 ??

smash 4 got 92MC, the same score as The witcher 3 and Bloodborne and there is barely any difference from Brawl, mario kart 8 got 88MC even though it's the same thing as MK7 but with better graphics, 3D World got 93 and it's not even 3D, all those games don't deserve those reviews, i bet if sunset overdrive was a Nintendo exclusive it would have gotten a 90MC

Nintendo games get high scores with simple effort (except for Zelda)

they sympathize with poplar and loved franchises of nintendo, the games you listed are ignored by most nintendo fans

BOTW is one of the greatest games i have ever played and possibly in my top 5 of all time, it got a score of 97 in MC while The witcher 3 got 92 ? wtf ? Witcher 3 is obviously the better game, not just in my opinion, but in general, Witcher 3 is the best game released in the last decade, most people agree to that, so why did it get 92 while BOTW got 97 ??

smash 4 got 92MC, the same score as The witcher 3 and Bloodborne and there is barely any difference from Brawl, mario kart 8 got 88MC even though it's the same thing as MK7 but with better graphics, 3D World got 93 and it's not even 3D, all those games don't deserve those reviews, i bet if sunset overdrive was a Nintendo exclusive it would have gotten a 90MC

Pretty bold claim you just made with nothing to back it up.

angif-move-the-goalposts-def.gif

Gotta believe this is a troll...
Please?

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
This thread isn't about "what's a 10 to me."

This thread is about what's a 10 to Edge (Mario).

Cant freaking wait. I bit the bullet and took the 27th off. Nobody is gonna see my ass for like three days.

Witcher 3 wasn't even the best game of 2015, let alone the decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom