• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey - The Odyssey Journal (JP) (IMAGE HEAVY)

Swimming actually looks reasonably fast!

And you can spring jump from butt stomps!

I hadn't seen like half of these before, thanks!

Egida

Neo Member
I'm salivating watching those GIFs. It looks like pure and unaltered fun and joy. Running, jumping and all those colours, just beautiful.

And we are going to be able to enjoy it like a handheld or in the big TV. To me, the switch still feels like science-fiction.

Good lord, this game looks incredible.

tenor.gif

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Super Mario Odyssey |OT| AKA Super Mario Bros: The Movie: The Game

Super Mario Odyssey |OT| Now With New Hat!

Wamb0wneD

I swear half the people who never saw these gifs won't ever use these things if they aren't explained in a tutorial:

23.gif

So you can hold the button down to have cappy floating in one spot, also triggers boxes multiple times.

file_0000120-1.gif

You can jump higher with a nice pirouette right after a groundpound.

TheMoon

Another reminder that I always ignore OT title suggestions and you'll end up mad anyway. You've been warned (again). :D

Wrong. Nearly every powerup Mario has ever had added to abilities he already had. Stuff like the fire flower, leaf, feather, ice flower, boomerang, etc. still allowed Mario to run and jump and do the things he was already capable of doing.

Whereas it's rather difficult to jump when you're say, a bullet bill.
Considering you can ditch whatever you're possessing whenever you want and going back to his full moveset I don't see this being issue.

I swear half the people who never saw these gifs won't ever use these things if they aren't explained in a tutorial:

file_0000120-1.gif

You can jump higher with a nice pirouette right after a groundpound.

Most likely. The high jump following a ground pound was in 3D World as well though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This is going to be the best fucking Mario game ever made and that says a lot. Holy shit, I can't wait.

I'm also extremely excited for the speedruns, people still run Mario 64 and it's always a blast to watch.

sleepnaught

The only thing that concerns me is the lack of a boo world being shown off. That's a huge negative to me if there isn't a haunted house full of boos for me to explore.

Sn4ke_911

The only thing that concerns me is the lack of a boo world being shown off. That's a huge negative to me if there isn't a haunted house full of boos for me to explore.

not just a haunted house, you get a whole world full of spooky stuff to explore.

marioagame.jpg

just to make sure, you know "not enough platforming" is a meme since the other day when someone made a thread saying just that about SMO, right? like "too much water" for that pokemon review.

I don't care :) , players can see those gameplay gifs and gameplay vidéos here now :)

Super Mario Odyssey |OT| For the Hatters

Edit: gifs and videos are making my hype level reaching the moon. I'm counting days... soon counting hours T_T
A new 3D Mario game !!!!

Super Mario Odyssey |OT| Now With New Hat!
Mario + Kingdoms: Rabbits Battle
Okay, I'm REALLY into these two.

Another reminder that I always ignore OT title suggestions and you'll end up mad anyway. You've been warned (again). :D
Super Mario Odyssey |OT| Featuring me: Neogaf Poster TheMoon

See this shit? man the speedruns for this game are going to be insane.

#Odyssey4AGDQ
There's a clip from Gamescom of the presenter literally skipping the first Sand Kingdom objective by jumping across the big gap with two mid-air cappy throws. The way you can chain your movement is pretty insane, and you can already piece together which moons can be skipped entirely in a speedrun haha

https://youtu.be/K6QfMPnRAk4?t=19m21s

Sn4ke_911

Can the poster who said Mario's running animation needs to be fixed pls come back? i'm actually really curious what he/she means by that.

Top Bottom