• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Honestly, what else were you gonna spend that money on? Food,Gas? Awesome project is always the best decision.
haha well I'm sure I'll feel better when all the pieces are together.

anyone know what sort of screw I need to fasten the panel onto the frame?

What Seimitsu buttons and joysticks swap in the Hori Rap 4 Kai?

The LS sticks will swap in given you get the right plate. focusattack.com sells a kowal plate that's universal if you really want to be sure.

Any 30mm buttons will replace the regular buttons, any 24mm button will replace start. I'd recommend against the PS-14-G unless you want a totally flat plunger, the GN and KN series are better, IMO. I'm a big fan of the PS-14-GN as it has just the right resistance, imo. If I ever swap out the Kuros, which seems more likely the more I use it, I'm going with some PS-14-GNs.

leehom

The LS sticks will swap in given you get the right plate. focusattack.com sells a kowal plate that's universal if you really want to be sure.

Any 30mm buttons will replace the regular buttons, any 24mm button will replace start. I'd recommend against the PS-14-G unless you want a totally flat plunger, the GN and KN series are better, IMO. I'm a big fan of the PS-14-GN as it has just the right resistance, imo. If I ever swap out the Kuros, which seems more likely the more I use it, I'm going with some PS-14-GNs.

Thanks, between the GN and KN, which one has more resistance?

Can anyone give some impressions on the GamerFinger buttons? I've been debating it for like a week and not sure if I want to spend $50.00 for a set that I may not like. I like the fact that they make less noise but not sure if I would like the mechanical switches.

How do they compare to the Sanwas or Kuros? And is the less noise thing noticeable?

ban25

What Seimitsu buttons and joysticks swap in the Hori Rap 4 Kai?

The LS-56-01 will go in as-is. The LS-32-01 should work with an SS plate, I just mounted mine with two screws, one on either side. Make sure you get the -01 variants. Non -01 sticks are meant to be cabinet mounted.

For buttons, just make sure you get snap-ins. Some sticks have trouble fitting screw-in buttons in the positions near the lever.

ban25

Can anyone give some impressions on the GamerFinger buttons? I've been debating it for like a week and not sure if I want to spend $50.00 for a set that I may not like. I like the fact that they make less noise but not sure if I would like the mechanical switches.

How do they compare to the Sanwas or Kuros? And is the less noise thing noticeable?

Best feeling buttons out there, in my opinion. The stock red switches are silent, yet have a quick actuation and excellent response/return. Better yet, you can change the microswitches if you are looking for a different feel.

I bought one set to try and then bought a second. They'll be going into both of my VLXes as soon as they arrive!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I just recently found out that I can go to FR. Quick question, if I decide to buy a stick there could you somehow cancel my order considering I'm not suppose to receive it for another month. I expect the answer to be a no but I figured I ask anyways.

But if cancellation isn't possible, do I literally have to receive the TE2 and then return it immediately to get a refund? It just seems so unnecessary considering this is a pre order that isn't going to release for another month.

I can't cancel it, but you can if you call in. Which one did you preorder? The USF4 ones are arriving any day now. The MCZ version ones are next month.

Grifter

The LS-56-01 will go in as-is. The LS-32-01 should work with an SS plate, I just mounted mine with two screws, one on either side. Make sure you get the -01 variants. Non -01 sticks are meant to be cabinet mounted.

For buttons, just make sure you get snap-ins. Some sticks have trouble fitting screw-in buttons in the positions near the lever.

Sure this applies to the Kai? I have screw-in translucents on my OG TE and was planning on getting those again.

Best feeling buttons out there, in my opinion. The stock red switches are silent, yet have a quick actuation and excellent response/return. Better yet, you can change the microswitches if you are looking for a different feel.

I bought one set to try and then bought a second. They'll be going into both of my VLXes as soon as they arrive!

I guess I'm getting a set then!

I have no self control

Grifter

Had an iffy experience with MCZ service. Since my Kai arrived and MCZ is now promising redesigned sticks for SFV, I thought I'd wait on a second PS4 stick and cancel my TE2 preorder. Following prior advice in this thread, I called in.

After being put on hold a few times, I was told I'd get a cancel confirmation in "15 minutes" and was all set. Nothing ever arrived. Based on some experiences posted here, I was hesitant to trust that the cancellation went thru (and potentially deal with the headache of being charged with shipped product), so I called back the next day and sure enough, my order was still in the system. Hopefully, it worked this time.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Had an iffy experience with MCZ service. Since my Kai arrived and MCZ is now promising redesigned sticks for SFV, I thought I'd wait on a second PS4 stick and cancel my TE2 preorder. Following prior advice in this thread, I called in.

After being put on hold a few times, I was told I'd get a cancel confirmation in "15 minutes" and was all set. Nothing ever arrived. Based on some experiences posted here, I was hesitant to trust that the cancellation went thru (and potentially deal with the headache of being charged with shipped product), so I called back the next day and sure enough, my order was still in the system. Hopefully, it worked this time.

Sorry to hear about the experience. Let me know how it works out.

braves01

Banned
Tekken TE2 prototype or just custom art?

Mark Julio (マークマン) ‏@MarkMan23 6h6 hours ago
I'm so ready for Final Round this weekend :)
CAdRNeUUgAEc04Q.jpg:large

I can't cancel it, but you can if you call in. Which one did you preorder? The USF4 ones are arriving any day now. The MCZ version ones are next month.

I pre ordered the MCZ one that was slated to be released in late April. But if I do get a stick there I'll do just that, thanks for the reply.

Grifter

Might not be an issue on the Kai since there's more space between the sticks and buttons...

Right, I had to wedge one of the rims under the stick plate. I don't think I was able to get that type of button as a snap-in back then but I'll check again.

Thanks, between the GN and KN, which one has more resistance?

To be honest, they use the same switches and at least feel like the springs are the same. The difference is that the GN is a solid single plunger but the KN is the double plunger (white underneath and a clear one on top of that) so it has a different feel. So, to more precisely answer your question, the GN feels like it has more resistance, if only by a hair.

As much as I love the aesthetics of the KN with the clear rims and top plunger, they don't feel quite as good, to me, as the GNs. In fact, I'm considering going with the PS-14-GN-KN if/when I replace the Kuros since it has the solid plunger from the GN and a skeleton rim with the KN.

I guess I'm getting a set then!

I'm a bit late but I wanted to give some additional impressions.

I ordered a clear set in addition to a set of black caps because I don't like the completely clear look. Here you can see I changed the caps. This image illustrates a possible dealbreaker for some, the cap height, it's HUGE. This is by design because if it wasn't as tall, the cap would sink below the rim when you press it. If you are one of those players that slides over buttons, this could be an issue. It hasn't happened to me but I've heard the caps coming off for some people during play and I believe it's plausible. Also in this case the required mad catz te2 clear risers actually help mask the octagonal rim design.

xlg4Dbxl.jpg

Compare this to the height of the seimitsu ps-14g's (my favorite buttons btw)
IJo9gIel.jpg

Back to the gamerfingers. The stock cherry red switches are really good. The action on the buttons feel great. I can press down and as soon as I let go, the button is already up. This is a key difference to the cherry brown switch and razer orange switch I also got. If you read the descriptions of the difference between the switches, the brown and orange mention a "tactile feel" with a bump for feedback. I've never used a mechanical keyboard and so I was not sure if this something I would prefer or need, so of course I had to try them. I found the tactile feel and bump to takeaway from the experience. It's very sleight but It felt as if the buttons are delayed to come up and the "tactile feel" is more like resistance. Picture button mashing such as shooting in a shmup or trying to do a hundred hand slap by honda with this setup. I'd be feeling like i'm being delayed. In practice there is no delay but it feels that way. Out of the two, the razer orange is far superior and I'm not bothered by the "tactile feel" on them.

In short the stock cherry red switches are ideal and all you need but if you want the bump, then get the razer orange switches. A plus to the orange switches is that they have the shortest engage distance but in real world use, it's not a big deal. I didn't try the blue switch because I need a silent switch.

Bonus shots of these buttons being lit up by led.
Note to all my fellow TE2 ps4 users: The LEDs cannot be turned off like the xb1 stick can. In fact after these shots, I put my led board back into my xb1 stick because it's pretty useless unless you want it on all the time.

How it looks during the day
S04QuQtl.jpg

How it looks at night
GQ0NBJOl.jpg

I am so jealous of that stick. And thanks for the feedback. I might have to try out the Razer Orange now.

Also, can I buy ANY microswitches? Like from Mouser or something? Or do they have to be a specific one?

Also, can I buy ANY microswitches? Like from Mouser or something? Or do they have to be a specific one?

I don't know but the sizing looks very specific. The switches have these two pins that only go in one way. I would stick with the cherry or razers to be safe.

I don't know what color buttons to put into my black VLX...

End yeah, the Xrd TE2 looks so sick.

keep 'em black. Most definitely change out the kuros though.

I think the gamer finger are the best silent buttons out.

I dunno man. I put the silencer pads in the seimitsu ps-14g and it changed my life. It feels like they were always supposed to be that way. sogoodjamesfranco.jpg

Gamerfingers over Sanwa silent all day though.

leehom

What's the difference between the LS-56-01 and LS-32-01? From the pictures I saw, it looks like the 56 is smaller. The 32 is sold out, so that's probably the better stick?

All these posts about the gamefingers quality are making it hard for me to not get a set for my VLX. I'm just not sold on the octogon shape.

Bar81

All these posts about the gamefingers quality are making it hard for me to not get a set for my VLX. I'm just not sold on the octogon shape.

The shape juat turns me off - it looks horrible. Love the concept though - I'm all mechanical on my keyboards.

Just got my shipping notification for my PS4 USFIV TE2 from Mad Catz! So excited! This is my first real stick.

Dude, congrats! MadCatz controllers are great. Hope you like it!

The shape juat turns me off - it looks horrible. Love the concept though - I'm all mechanical on my keyboards.

I thought so too, until people started posting some pics. They look nice and makes them pretty unique, IMO.

You should be able to use any +-type microswitch, but especially the Cherry and Razer switches.

I have no idea, but I just tried buying some Razer Orange switches and they were sold out on FA. I couldn't find them anywhere else. I should try out the cherry reds before doing anything though.

ban25

What's the difference between the LS-56-01 and LS-32-01? From the pictures I saw, it looks like the 56 is smaller. The 32 is sold out, so that's probably the better stick?

Where are you ordering from? FocusAttack? I just ordered yet another LS-32 from ArcadeShock last night...

The LS-56 has a shorter throw, stiffer spring, and taller shaft. They're both good, and the 56 is particularly good for shmups, but I settled on the LS-32 after several hours comparing it with an LS-56 and a Hayabusa in training mode. I found I was more precise with the LS-32, especially with the diagonals.

If you do go with the LS-32, make sure to get the LS-32-01-SC, since that's the new one which includes a shaft cover.

hitsugi

We have 40 of them left, spread out at different events throughout North America. If you know people going to events, have em buy it and ship it to you :p

I'll be at SCR and EVO. If there's a way to get one through you at either event, I'll show up however early to handle it.

Wow MKX just announced to have compatibility with ps3 sticks! No word on 360 yet cuz it's on stream and they are playing ps4.

Other competitors are gonna look shady for not adding compatibility as well.

Top Bottom