• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

ban25

Wow MKX just announced to have compatibility with ps3 sticks! No word on 360 yet cuz it's on stream and they are playing ps4.

Other competitors are gonna look shady for not adding compatibility as well.

Huge news! Of course, I already have one PS4 stick, and two more coming...but the effort is appreciated nevertheless.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
My USFIV stick shipped too. I guess I'll hang onto it for a bit but I really really want that white Ken/Ryu stick this summer.

Ravidrath

That's such an awesome thing you did for the community! So I guess that means stick backwards compatibility will most likely only be on Sony platforms because you don't have a xbox driver, right?

There's no way to do an Xbox One backwards compatible driver, as far as we know.

Shaneus

On my questions from the last page (in terms of the HRAPv4 vs the Kai), anyone know how suitable they'd be for mounting buttons on the side and potentially front? I want something that can double as a pinball controller, but if mounting buttons on the side and front is impossible, then obviously I'd look elsewhere.
Are there other sticks I should consider? Even the Brawlstick?

vg260

Very excited that NetherRealms is using our PS3 stick driver.

https://twitter.com/LabZeroGames/status/578663864805539840

Hopefully this won't be the last dev to do so!

This is awseome. Much appreciated.

I already bought sticks, for universal PS4 game compatibility, but being able to use an old PS3 stick without any adapter or stuff is great. Hope it gets the ball rolling. I'd love to see Injustice and Xrd get patched, too, but I'm assuming it's too late for those.

leehom

Where are you ordering from? FocusAttack? I just ordered yet another LS-32 from ArcadeShock last night...

The LS-56 has a shorter throw, stiffer spring, and taller shaft. They're both good, and the 56 is particularly good for shmups, but I settled on the LS-32 after several hours comparing it with an LS-56 and a Hayabusa in training mode. I found I was more precise with the LS-32, especially with the diagonals.

If you do go with the LS-32, make sure to get the LS-32-01-SC, since that's the new one which includes a shaft cover.

I was looking at Focus Attack, I'll jump over to Arcade Shock and take a peek. What ever happened to Lizard Lick? I purchased parts from them, but I remember it being more expensive.

ban25

On my questions from the last page (in terms of the HRAPv4 vs the Kai), anyone know how suitable they'd be for mounting buttons on the side and potentially front? I want something that can double as a pinball controller, but if mounting buttons on the side and front is impossible, then obviously I'd look elsewhere.
Are there other sticks I should consider? Even the Brawlstick?

You might be able to do that with some 24mm buttons. Keep in mind that there are handles/wings on the side of the stick for lifting.

Shaneus

You might be able to do that with some 24mm buttons. Keep in mind that there are handles/wings on the side of the stick for lifting.
Yeah, I figured as much. Obviously don't want to hack away at something too much that costs ~$200, which is why I'm leaning more towards the Brawlstick. Will keep in mind the 24mm button thing though, that'll definitely need to be taken into consideration.

LL skipped town wish unshipped / pending orders too. Shady af.

As much as it really sucked that that happened, at the same time Chad was a super cool guy who ran LL incredibly well beforehand. I've always been concerned that maybe something happened since there were some nasty storms in his area at the time.

Grifter

As much as it really sucked that that happened, at the same time Chad was a super cool guy who ran LL incredibly well beforehand. I've always been concerned that maybe something happened since there were some nasty storms in his area at the time.

They were cool to me. I forgot a single part in my last order and they got it out to me ASAP and charged me 2 bucks.

leehom

I looked at arcade shock and focus attack, it looks like they don't sell the button covers? I want a traditional 6 button layout vs 8.

Skilletor

blkvlx.jpg~original

Is it May yet?

Wow very nice. I like the artwork of this better than the kai. So much cleaner.

Can you post a pic of the control panel? Also is there a padding on the bottom like the kai?

I wish it had the foam pads, but nope. I found out that if you want to turn a button off, assign the button to the turbo button. Someone posted some good instructions like 8 pages back. Also, a couple microswitches squeek on the joystick! What are some good replacement microswitches? I just want it to feel like a typical arcade joystick.
jO0fDkJ.jpg

w9COoYP.jpg

Interesting that the foam pad is not included as I was hoping that would be a new hori standard going forward.

That sucks to hear about the squeaks in a couple of your joystick switches as I had no issues or squeaking with mine.

Be aware that in order to change out any switches you will have to desolder them, then solder the new ones in. Unfortunately I don't think hori sells replacements either. I replaced mine with the omron d2rvg switches. These might not be what you are looking for as they are the switches used in the sanwa silent stick so there is no clicking. Also in order to use these, a 1mm oversize actuator needs to be used as well. The irony is that one of the switches I received has a squeaking problem. What's weird is that I only hear it if I move the lever in that direction slowly. I don't notice it all while I'm playing so it's not a big deal.

Im not sure if you imported or not but maybe you can try just replacing your stick under warranty. Good luck.

Interesting that the foam pad is not included as I was hoping that would be a new hori standard going forward.

That sucks to hear about the squeaks in a couple of your joystick switches as I had no issues or squeaking with mine.

Be aware that in order to change out any switches you will have to desolder them, then solder the new ones in. Unfortunately I don't think hori sells replacements either. I replaced mine with the omron d2rvg switches. These might not be what you are looking for as they are the switches used in the sanwa silent stick so there is no clicking. Also in order to use these, a 1mm oversize actuator needs to be used as well. The irony is that one of the switches I received has a squeaking problem. What's weird is that I only hear it if I move the lever in that direction slowly. I don't notice it all while I'm playing so it's not a big deal.

Im not sure if you imported or not but maybe you can try just replacing your stick under warranty. Good luck.

Actually the stick stopped squeeking after I played with it for a bit! I'll prolly get some clicky switches anyway since I love the sound of them.

BOTEC posted theirs in this thread last month

My bad, I only started reading this thread a couple weeks ago. I couldn't find any photos on youtube or google.

Just a heads up, the kowal actuator doesn't fit without shaving it down if you are interested in that.

Wait, what? We put two of the oversized actuators into the Hayabusas here at work without any issues. Was there anything weird about your Hayabusa that caused it to need the shaving?

Wait, what? We put two of the oversized actuators into the Hayabusas here at work without any issues. Was there anything weird about your Hayabusa that caused it to need the shaving?

Are yours the kowals or the ones from Paradise Arcade? I know the ones from Paradise Arcade work fine because of their shape which is more gradual than the kowal. Mine is the kowal and it kept getting caught on the edge of the gate.

The issue was the kowal sitting too low. I remedied that by putting a second e-clip but it wasn't a 100% fix, so I just shaved into it and now I only need one e-clip and there are no issues.

Are yours the kowals or the ones from Paradise Arcade? I know the ones from Paradise Arcade work fine because of their shape which is more gradual than the kowal. Mine is the kowal and it kept getting caught on the edge of the gate.

The issue was the kowal sitting too low. I remedied that by putting a second e-clip but it wasn't a 100% fix, so I just shaved into it and now I only need one e-clip and there are no issues.

Ours are the Kowals from focusattack.com. These:
http://www.focusattack.com/kowal-1mm-oversize-actuator-for-sanwa-jlf-series-joystick/

We have 2 Hayabusas, 2 of these and 2 bat tops in the stand. They fit without problems.

Looking at it I noticed it says 1mm, so I'm wondering if maybe there's a thicker one like a 1.5mm or something that is too thick.

MrMephistoX

Would anyone be interested in buying two Sanwa JLFs from me? Not used I just decided I liked the Kai Hayabusa stick enough that I'm only swapping out buttons. One is all ready to go the other needs a pcb.

$45 shipped or just $25 if you only want the one and you can have the Kuro buttons free.

Images here and on if interested

http://instagram.com/p/0gkLu2HSGB/

I've had the USFIV TE2 for less than 2 days and the stick is already squeaking. Was hoping I could go a long time without having to open the damn thing. I don't trust myself with things of this nature :/

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I've had the Soucalibur Madcats stick for about two years. Last night the stick wouldn't move. I punched it, and now it works fine. Dunno what that was about. (Dirt of some rock-like sort maybe?)

Minus a weird thing it's done since I got it where it periodically decides to disconnect itself form the Xbox and I have to unplug it and plug it in a few times before it remembers it's a joystick again... It works great.

Top Bottom