• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

That is once nice color, design, and art combo. While I like Mad Catz's nicer Swana sticks and design ideas I wish they would produce something to answer the VLX or better in the $300-$500 price range. I feel that would eliminate any build quality concerns anyone could ever have. Instead I'm buying two VLX's. And I know how they feel about targeting the above $200 price range. But would I buy a $400 stick with that Ken art, button color combo, size of stick, Swana parts, with VLX or better build quality? Hell yes.

Oh my God YES...and I would shut my mouth about the TE2 design.

MarkMan how limited is the white TE2 going to be? And when do you expect pre-orders to open up? I missed out on the last one and I'd hate to miss out again.

Skilletor

Yes...apparently not. He likes his TE2 design and that's the way it stays. Oh well, can't wait for those VLX's.

So stop bitching about the same thing every time somebody mentions the TE2. It's tired as hell. Not every stick is for every person. Mad Catz had several different types models last generation and there's no reason to think they want this gen.

So stop bitching about the same thing every time somebody mentions the TE2. It's tired as hell. Not every stick is for every person. Mad Catz had several different types models last generation and there's no reason to think they want this gen.

Easy Tiger...this isn't the SRK forums. It can get brutal over there. Don't want that here.

Skilletor

Easy Tiger...this isn't the SRK forums. It can get brutal over there. Don't want that here.

Don't post there much, so don't know what you mean. If you're going to constantly bash something, try forming coherent complaints instead of just bitching about something you don't like. Give suggestions about to what you would like to see in a new stick instead of just tearing apart a design that is entirely subjective.

I would hate for this thread to get 'brutal,' but the way you post it just means putting you on ignore.

hitsugi

Definitely. The solid colored ones look so much better to me than those with different colored ends.

I am dying for an all-black one. I see the Xrd one is importable for around $250 USD... not TOO much different from what I'd pay locally ($217 I think)... and at the rate it's going I have no idea of how I'd get one

Grimsen

Got my KAI today. Haven't played much, but it's pretty good. Lever is great, although the balltop has a seam along the middle that stands out more than my sanwas. I might change it soon.

Still undecided on the buttons. They work fine though, it's just a question of preference.

The case is beautiful. At first the angled palm rest felt weird, and I realized that it's the plastic texture. I'm to used to rest my palms on a smooth plexi.

I really need a bag, though. I don't think the angular sides would survive too many falls on th e floor.

In Any case, the stick will do fine for now. But if Madcatz ever re-released a TE1 for ps4, I'd buy it in a second. :p

hitsugi

In Any case, the stick will do fine for now. But if Madcatz ever re-released a TE1 for ps4, I'd buy it in a second. :p

The TE1 was seriously flawless (well, for me.. and some others it seems). However, much of the same could be said of older cars; in order to innovate, change has to be made.

Grifter

Yep. For their price, they were actually pretty solid. Modding them is a complete chore, though. They're just not tall enough to install a Sanwa or Seimitsu lever without heavy-duty tools.

Looks like the Fight Stick 3 or equivalent. I had one of those for the original VF5 release on PS3. I lost that stick when I had left it in the game room at work and the company went out of business. :p

It wasn't a great stick, just the first available for the PS3. All Hori parts and no room for anything else.

Yeah, I recall now. I hunted one down at a far off GameStop for VF5. It was the only one and the box's VF5 branding was all vandalized and I'd read about how modding was a chore so didn't bother.

Having moved and misplaced all my sticks, this thread makes ponders their whereabouts. :(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yes...apparently not. He likes his TE2 design and that's the way it stays. Oh well, can't wait for those VLX's.

I like every design we work on. You have to believe in your products and work to further evolve/improve them. That's how we've always done things. In fact, it is my honest opinion, if it were not for the work that we (Mad Catz) put forth. We would probably never see new Hori designs as quickly as we did. I know this was reactive for a fact. I love Hori though, I'm probably their biggest supporter/customer ;)

MarkMan how limited is the white TE2 going to be? And when do you expect pre-orders to open up? I missed out on the last one and I'd hate to miss out again.

We won't release the number yet, but it'll be a lot easier to get. We are only making one run though. We expect to open up preorders in May or June.

drotahorror

Can anyone point me in the direction of having a stick and buttons like that?

Also, would this mod be doable on an HRAP4 Kai or one of the upcoming TE2 sticks?

DnJElcL.jpg

I usually think led's and lights etc on components are tacky but that looks sick as hell to me.

Shaneus

What's the verdict on the HRAP V3 SA? I've spied a couple on eBay and various other trading sites, seems people are asking around $120-130AU (so keep in mind that's roughly $70ish US, taking into account exchange etc.) for ones in decent condition (boxed). For reference, a new WWE Brawlstick can be had for $60AU.

ban25

What's the verdict on the HRAP V3 SA? I've spied a couple on eBay and various other trading sites, seems people are asking around $120-130AU (so keep in mind that's roughly $70ish US, taking into account exchange etc.) for ones in decent condition (boxed). For reference, a new WWE Brawlstick can be had for $60AU.

The V3 shell is the same as the V4, and the "SA" model has Sanwa parts. So, not bad. Keep in mind though that its a previous-gen stick that's not compatible with the PS4/XB1, unless you mod it.

How's the tightness rate to you, spring > Sanwa > Hayabusa?

Pretty much how you put it.

I messed around with it a bit longer and found that with the heavier spring, I have more control and accuracy, but lose speed and I tire out faster. A deal breaker for me since I like the speedier games like BB and GG.

I liked the Hayabusa a lot, but couldn't deal with the extra inputs, so the Sanwa's suits me the best.

I can see some people liking the heavier spring though. If you feel like the joystick you currently use is too loose and don't have enough control, I'd say to give it a shot.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
VF5FS didn't make the cut for NCR, meaning less than 8 entrants for the game :( I'm thinking of transferring my registration to DOA5LR, even though I suck at it.
sorry man. thank you for registering though. I tried to get the troops riled but no dice. VF should have a decent showing at FR fwiw.

Shaneus

The V3 shell is the same as the V4, and the "SA" model has Sanwa parts. So, not bad. Keep in mind though that its a previous-gen stick that's not compatible with the PS4/XB1, unless you mod it.
I think I can actually get a V4 for around the same price (maybe a little more). Are they otherwise exactly the same stick (build etc.) if I look up reviews etc.? I assume in terms of artwork etc. it's as equally not as customisable as the the other Hori sticks?

I think I can actually get a V4 for around the same price (maybe a little more). Are they otherwise exactly the same stick (build etc.) if I look up reviews etc.? I assume in terms of artwork etc. it's as equally not as customisable as the the other Hori sticks?

V4 is a bit light. It has quick disconnects, so you can swap them easily. It has Hori Kuros and Hayabusa.

If you're willing to spend for a HRAP4, I'd recommend you to get the Kai, which is an improvement in every way.

edit: I don't know compared to V3... never used it.

ban25

It's fairly customizable. You can swap the buttons and lever. You can replace the artwork (at the cost of destroying the stock artwork).

If you can get the Kai for the same price, go for that. Otherwise, an HRAPV4 for the price you are talking about sounds like a great deal (I paid ~$200 for mine at launch).

Shaneus

It's fairly customizable. You can swap the buttons and lever. You can replace the artwork (at the cost of destroying the stock artwork).

If you can get the Kai for the same price, go for that. Otherwise, an HRAPV4 for the price you are talking about sounds like a great deal (I paid ~$200 for mine at launch).
What's the difference between the V4 and the Kai? From what I understand the joystick is a little further out from the buttons on the Kai, but that's all I know.

hitsugi

What's the difference between the V4 and the Kai? From what I understand the joystick is a little further out from the buttons on the Kai, but that's all I know.

The extra space was actually the deal breaker for me with the Kai. V4 is a little lighter and also does not have the touch pad. There are a couple of other aesthetic differences as well with the turbo, etc. buttons being on the side instead of the top of the stick. Typically, there's no reason not to get the Kai unless you really want the Vewlix layout.

Anyone here going to Final Round? We'll have some Guilty Gear and Persona TE2s there.

I just recently found out that I can go to FR. Quick question, if I decide to buy a stick there could you somehow cancel my order considering I'm not suppose to receive it for another month. I expect the answer to be a no but I figured I ask anyways.

But if cancellation isn't possible, do I literally have to receive the TE2 and then return it immediately to get a refund? It just seems so unnecessary considering this is a pre order that isn't going to release for another month.

Skilletor

I just recently found out that I can go to FR. Quick question, if I decide to buy a stick there could you somehow cancel my order considering I'm not suppose to receive it for another month. I expect the answer to be a no but I figured I ask anyways.

But if cancellation isn't possible, do I literally have to receive the TE2 and then return it immediately to get a refund? It just seems so unnecessary considering this is a pre order that isn't going to release for another month.

You'd have to call in to Madcatz to cancel your order. It is possible; I have a fee friends that did it after the vlx was announced.

Top Bottom