• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

zbarron

I have a bit of an odd question. Does anyone know the thread size for a joystick's ball top?

I am looking to buy something like THIS for use as a handle and want to use a ball top as the grip. If they are a weird size and bat tops are a standard size I'd be fine using one of those.

ban25

I have a bit of an odd question. Does anyone know the thread size for a joystick's ball top?

I am looking to buy something like THIS for use as a handle and want to use a ball top as the grip. If they are a weird size and bat tops are a standard size I'd be fine using one of those.

6mm thread for Japanese levers.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Well

LqW5d3

Skilletor

Bought two sets of buttons, 4 24mm buttons (because I never seem to have any).

I have two spare sanwa from swapping things out for hayabusa so often.

Parts for cab are bought. Will have cab at the end of next month. :)

Bought 8 30mm Seimitsus, a 24mm seimitsu, 4 2lb springs (2 are for work) and 2 Kowal actuators to replace the stock. Gotta get my tight throws.

I got 8 buttons instead of 6 and 2 button plugs because I'm tired of fighting The Man and will just live with 8 button sticks until I get the tools and gumption to just make my own totally custom stick case.

Anyone have any luck getting a Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE working with Steam's Big Picture? I know I won't be able to do stick-click or dpad or right stick but it isn't even saving the left X- or Y-axis. Works fine in game (Spelunky) just not navigating the Big Picture menus.

Quote from Arcade Shock's Facebook:
Congratulations to those who reserved the Hori VLX Kuro. Our pre-orders are sold out. We actually oversold some of our inventory for upcoming shows so we have to cut off orders to have some stock remaining for those who plan to attend the following shows:

Grossly?...maybe not.

Those that still want one however can get them from Hori. I would hurry.

http://stores.horiusa.com/preorder-real-arcade-pro-4-premium-vlx-for-playstation-4/

My 2 PS4 VLX's on order justified!!

My HRAP4 Kai has that problem of the stick not resetting to neutral without making an input in the other direction, like I hold it left,and when I release it makes a right input before staying neutral.

How do I go about correcting this? Springs or something? And where from?

My HRAP4 Kai has that problem of the stick not resetting to neutral without making an input in the other direction, like I hold it left,and when I release it makes a right input before staying neutral.

How do I go about correcting this? Springs or something? And where from?

Yes, heavier spring. It should be the 2 lb spring and sold on most arcade stick sites. Here's the link from where I bought it from: http://www.focusattack.com/2lb-tension-spring-for-sanwa-jlf/

It makes the stick a bit tighter. I know that I've mentioned I didn't like it a while back but I gave it some time and it's growing on me.

I'm really not certain that you should recommend changing parts to what seems to me to be a clear problem in execution. Allowing the lever to snap back to the point that it triggers the opposing switch is not something that should ever happen unless the player is losing control of it.

I'm really not certain that you should recommend changing parts to what seems to me to be a clear problem in execution. Allowing the lever to snap back to the point that it triggers the opposing switch is not something that should ever happen unless the player is losing control of it.

The Hayabusa is known to do that -- It stopped when I put in the springs.

To note, it never happened with the Sanwa.

edit: I just did some research and I'm apparently playing it wrong, so StarCreator might be onto something. You're not supposed to let go of the stick to go back to neutral. I never knew.

mdsfx

Dearest Markman:

"[Insert semi-impatient question about the release of the Madcatz 360/One-compatible stick here]"

Yours Truly,
md

Grifter

I never felt this was a game-changing complaint either but I'd like to know that if I did just let go of the stick, it's precise enough to not snap in the opposite direction. I tested my stock Kai and didn't see it happening but maybe I wasn't doing it right.

Grifter

Okay, the E-clip on the Hayabusa sucks (disclaimer: I am noob at this). It's cheaper than the piece on the Sanwa JLF (same for the screw at the stick bottom) and got warped after I had to remove it a few times while installing the 2lb spring and Kowal Actuator. Snapped off mid-game while I was playing GG online.

I had a generic stick from an old Fightstick SE lying around and grabbed its E-clip. It was noticeably thicker, but packed on its original stick TIGHT. Was lucky to find some watch tools to finally pry it out, then had sorta hammer it on to my Hayabusa to fit.

FWIW, I had to eventually remove the actuator and tried it on a JLF to compare. That clip pried right off and snapped right back on w/o cutting up my fingers. Took seconds instead of becoming an ordeal. All hail Sanwa.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
didn't have any problems with the hayabusa e clip when I changed the spring.

the seimitsu c clip however...

NZOO

Banned
I have two wireless arcade pc sticks that work for 360-ps3-pc. Is there any place I can sell them?

They were the Tekk Hori sticks.

Shaneus

What are the chances a stick like the original Madcatz TE will get released again? I loved how boxy and sturdy it looked. Or should I just hunt down a second-hand one and should I require PS4 compatibility, dual-mod it?

I thought someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I might be misremembering.

MoxManiac

I wish madcatz would manufacture more than 3 fightsticks at a time, every single time I look into ordering one for PS4 they are backordered.

I wish madcatz would manufacture more than 3 fightsticks at a time, every single time I look into ordering one for PS4 they are backordered.

Demand is high and they are still relatively new on the market. The best way is to follow their twitter or this thread as MarkMan will post when things are up for order and others will post when they are on Amazon.

Give things a year or two and I'm sure they will be much easier to get a hold of as more fighters come out and there are more sticks in the wild. As of right now pre-order is the best and only way to get your hands on a stick reliably.

What are the chances a stick like the original Madcatz TE will get released again? I loved how boxy and sturdy it looked. Or should I just hunt down a second-hand one and should I require PS4 compatibility, dual-mod it?

I thought someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I might be misremembering.

MC is making a throwback stick, but the case is still a TE2, not original TE.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
NeoGAF exclusive!!

We will see the return of the original TE sometime this year and next.

I'll reply to some other posts when I get back home from my business trip later tonight.

Yes, heavier spring. It should be the 2 lb spring and sold on most arcade stick sites. Here's the link from where I bought it from: http://www.focusattack.com/2lb-tension-spring-for-sanwa-jlf/

It makes the stick a bit tighter. I know that I've mentioned I didn't like it a while back but I gave it some time and it's growing on me.

Cheers.

edit: I just noticed the shipping options and as someone in the UK they all suck because they all add a customs charge even though the item would slip through with other mail services. They do it and make it madatory to rip people off basically. Don't really wanna pay £8-12 on a £1 spring.

Anywhere else that can nab from, preferably someone selling in UK but if not some place with cheapo mail sevice option.

Or better yet, wouldn't any spring do if I can find one that fits? Like from a hardware store? Nothing special about these springs is there?

Works for every other stick I've ever used. I always push a stick in directions rather than hold and guide it, so resetting itself to neutral is very important.

Top Bottom