• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

Wasn't aware the original TEs weren't sold anymore, will my two TEs work on my PS4 when they finally release a fighter for it?

PS3 TEs will work on Mortal Kombat X and Skullgirls when they are released on PS4.

Unfortunately it's on a per-game basis what hardware is supported. They don't work on Injustice or DOA5LR on PS4, for example.

Cheers.

edit: I just noticed the shipping options and as someone in the UK they all suck because they all add a customs charge even though the item would slip through with other mail services. They do it and make it madatory to rip people off basically. Don't really wanna pay £8-12 on a £1 spring.

Anywhere else that can nab from, preferably someone selling in UK but if not some place with cheapo mail sevice option.

Or better yet, wouldn't any spring do if I can find one that fits? Like from a hardware store? Nothing special about these springs is there?

Works for every other stick I've ever used. I always push a stick in directions rather than hold and guide it, so resetting itself to neutral is very important.

Only thing I could find were springs for sanwa and seimitsu:
http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/categories/Arcade-Parts/Springs/

But! if you put a Seimitsu LS-56 spring into a JLF it's about the same as the 2lb springs.

Skilletor

Awesome for people that loved the TE.

Where's that VS, though. ;)

Actually, the only stick I'm likely to buy now would be a fightingedge (two TE2s, a VLX, and a custom all for ps4). I played on my ps3 version for the first time in awhile and forgot how much I loved it. That palm space. #hnng

Hey guys! So I was wondering what template to use for art on the HRAP v4 KAI? Does it use the same template is the v3 kai? Also, how did you add plexis and artwork to that bad boy with no screws?

BNGames

Well

LqW5d3

I kind of need this panel, I just picked up an Astro City for $100 and...well you'll see what I mean

https://youtu.be/4pxXOe_du-g

NeoGAF exclusive!!

We will see the return of the original TE sometime this year and next.

!!!!!!!!!!Wow, just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Please be PS3/4 & 360/xb1 compatible sticks, respectively.

Also please mean restocks on basic colored te side panels, my beat up 360 te needs some loving and I would love a replacement white or black or smoke panel.

Mercutio

the guy I bought it from has another listed on eBay.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=231518026212

Oh my god, those prices are INSANE. And that one's even missing the actual coin slot!

These cost literally $15-$20 on YAJ. I bought one with a lower panel, and SHIPPED to the USA it was $70 total. Mine also came with the Astro insert for the instructions...

Just found a thread I made over at SRK about this very thing.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/180875/desperately-hunting-for-an-astro-city-control-panel-bezel

Mercutio

Why are there disembodied control assemblies on YAJ? I would think every part of the cab would be trashed if they were being disposed of.

Dunno! There simply are. The one I got was from a massive dump of parts from dead Astro machines. You could see tons of them in the background of the pictures.

I would say to not do the control assembly thing though. It ends up being kind of ugly, with the huge gaping hole in the back.

Here's my workblog of making my sticks, I think I've linked to it before...

Blog / Projects

Are the TE rereleases just going to be their original PS3 or X360 stick or the PS3/PS4 or X1 type they have now.

Also been reading about the MKX stick patch or whatever and it means I can use my PS3 VS stick on PS4 for the game if I choose?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Oh my god, those prices are INSANE. And that one's even missing the actual coin slot!

These cost literally $15-$20 on YAJ. I bought one with a lower panel, and SHIPPED to the USA it was $70 total. Mine also came with the Astro insert for the instructions...

Just found a thread I made over at SRK about this very thing.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/180875/desperately-hunting-for-an-astro-city-control-panel-bezel

Live and learn I suppose. Obama paid for it anyway.

Live like a king.

ShadyJ

Got my HRAP KAI today, what a stick.

One of the best sticks ive ever bought, build quality excellent and feels amazing.

Not regretting one bit, for Madcatz to get me to buy another stick it would have to be in TE1 mould.

Hey guys! So I was wondering what template to use for art on the HRAP v4 KAI? Does it use the same template is the v3 kai? Also, how did you add plexis and artwork to that bad boy with no screws?

Not the same template, Art's Hobbies should release one soon. As for the Plexi, you will need to remove the original image from the Kai. There is screws under and the plexi you will buy will come with holes/screws.

Yaari

CBru-SEUoAA6a9d.jpg:large

It looks great.

Anyway, I should be good with 8x HBFS-30 and 1x HBFS-24 right?

I figure getting them from Akishop, they might arrive in time for the VLX. Kind of expensive 54 EUR for 9 buttons.

CBru-SEUoAA6a9d.jpg:large

It looks great.

Anyway, I should be good with 8x HBFS-30 and 1x HBFS-24 right?

I figure getting them from Akishop, they might arrive in time for the VLX. Kind of expensive 54 EUR for 9 buttons.

Someone already pointed this out on Shoryuken but check out the scratched paint on the bottom left of the stick. I'll be powder coating, stripping and polishing or chroming that piece for sure.

Got my buttons put in! I don't regret the choices I've made, as I rather like them. I also put a 2lb spring into the lever, though, strangely, the Kowal actuator didn't fit (as mentioned earlier in this thread) despite the Kowals we bought for our sticks at work fitting just fine. Did Hori make changes to the Hayabusa within the past year?

IMG_20150403_204018.jpg

Thank you for contacting HORI USA.

First and foremost, we sincerely apologize for the delay in our response.

The HORI Real Arcade Pro. Premium VLX for PlayStation 4, the chassis is
not powder coated but painted in black like the original red VLX. The
warranty of the product is 90-days.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you very much.

HORI USA

ban25

Prototype & Splitframe Bag from NCR:

ZB5Qub2.jpg

Had a good chat with Vinh from ArcadeShock, can't wait to see what these guys do next!

ban25

Some interesting tidbits about the Transporter XL:

- Unlike the preproduction bag in the photo above, the cutout for the lever is reversed in the production bag, so it won't stick into your back.
- The foam in the bottom of the bag is cut into a wedge shape to ensure a perfect fit with the VLX as well as to keep the bag from leaning.
- The production bag has a handle on the top and an improved accessories pocket (for mobile phone chargers, etc.)

Skilletor

That would be very labor intensive. Also, im sure there is a clear coat of some kind over the bare metal so it doesn't oxidize or rust.

I dunno. I assume when people talk about doing it, they know what it would take, lol.

I'm fine with it as is. I've had my VLX over a year, play on it plenty, and have no issues with paint chipping.

Top Bottom