• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

Fitts

I bought a PS4 Hori Kai when they were first released and it arrived damaged. I submitted a return request the same day I opened it (March 14th) and received an email a few days later (16th) asking for pictures of the damage. I responded with several and never received a follow up email. I then submitted a message via the website on the 26th and haven't heard back from that either. I just noticed there is a phone number on the shipping label (I feel dense for not seeing it sooner) so I'll be calling that tomorrow.

Terrible service. I won't be doing business with them again.

FireSol

Well..now I wanna 2nd stick, not because I've became a masker, but because I just wanna find the more comfortable for me. I'm almost solve all my problems, but new one appears. In my opinion the body of HRAP4 it to small for me, my right hand is lying on the edge of the stick and because of that it getting tired very quickly, from what i saw on photos TE2 body is bigger and myght be better for me

Skilletor

Well..now I wanna 2nd stick, not because I've became a masker, but because I just wanna find the more comfortable for me. I'm almost solve all my problems, but new one appears. In my opinion the body of HRAP4 it to small for me, my right hand is lying on the edge of the stick and because of that it getting tired very quickly, from what i saw on photos TE2 body is bigger and myght be better for me

The struggle is real.

I bought a PS4 Hori Kai when they were first released and it arrived damaged. I submitted a return request the same day I opened it (March 14th) and received an email a few days later (16th) asking for pictures of the damage. I responded with several and never received a follow up email. I then submitted a message via the website on the 26th and haven't heard back from that either. I just noticed there is a phone number on the shipping label (I feel dense for not seeing it sooner) so I'll be calling that tomorrow.

Terrible service. I won't be doing business with them again.

Who are they btw?

I hope some of the sticks don't get shipped with dings and scrapes that'd bum me out a lot if I got one like that. Anyone planning on getting the splitframe bag? I don't travel anywhere so thats not a deciding factor and if I did I'd get a TE2 for that. I just want to use it for protection around the house when I'm not playing.

Skilletor

I hope some of the sticks don't get shipped with dings and scrapes that'd bum me out a lot if I got one like that. Anyone planning on getting the splitframe bag? I don't travel anywhere so thats not a deciding factor and if I did I'd get a TE2 for that. I just want to use it for protection around the house when I'm not playing.

I'd go with the qanba defender bag. Half the price, doesn't look like "gamer gear," has plenty of cushioning, and can be used as something other than a stick bag.

I have a few bags, though, so I wouldn't be buying it anyway. Still just seems super over priced to me.

I'd go with the qanba defender bag. Half the price, doesn't look like "gamer gear," has plenty of cushioning, and can be used as something other than a stick bag.

I have a few bags, though, so I wouldn't be buying it anyway. Still just seems super over priced to me.

Do those fit the VLX pretty well? I know ArcadeShock is offering a 20% discount on the SplitFrame back making it $80.

Any idea on when amazon will ship the USFIV fightsticks? When i ordered it said April 16th but now there's no specific date. Anyone else ordered that particular stick form Amazon have any news? MKX is only 8 days away would like to receive the joystick asap.

Skilletor

11130295_10205883256181311_4208907193175163226_n_zps06pzijph.jpg~original

Sooner.

vg260

Put black Sanwas in my Hori Kais last night. I got 24 mm Sanwa buttons to replace the start/options one on the top, but they don't fit tight for some reason and can too easily rotate. It was moving around way too much in the socket, so I just put back the Kuro one in there. It's got a higher ridge to make it less likely to miss-hit, but wanted a Sanwa on in there for consistency, and because you can remap it to something else in case you want to use it in-game.

Anyone know what would work to make the fit tighter?

Grifter

Put black Sanwas in my Hori Kais last night. I got 24 mm Sanwa buttons to replace the start/options one on the top, but they don't fit tight for some reason and can too easily rotate. It was moving around way too much in the socket, so I just put back the Kuro one in there. It's got a higher ridge to make it less likely to miss-hit, but wanted a Sanwa on in there for consistency, and because you can remap it to something else in case you want to use it in-game.

Anyone know what would work to make the fit tighter?

Has anyone else tried this? I was gonna grab a 24mm button for my Kai too.

vg260

For some reason the 24 mm hole might me a little on the big side. The Kuro 24mm was tad on the loose side too, just not as much as the Hori. Not really worth buying a couple 24mms as the shipping would be just as much. I just put some electrical tape around the sides of the button, and that seemed to help.

vg260

I wish Mad Catz would move away from the Dark Hai (gray color) buttons and went with true black. I've never thought they look that great.

Yaari

Did you guys order your gamerfinger buttons directly from them or from somewhere like FocusAttack?

I bought mine from http://akihabarashop.jp/
Having to deal with customs in Europe, I asked them to downvalue the package, it was cheaper than even using FocusAttack during their discount option.

That said, they haven't shipped yet. And SAL is pretty slow. So I hope they get to it soon.

Well I am in California so FocusAttack will probably be the fastest.

Yeah, Focus Attack is pretty fast. They arrive within a week.

Although, I hear that if you order from GamerFinger themselves, you get a nice box. It ends up being more expensive due to international shipping and ends up being slower too.

Yeah, Focus Attack is pretty fast. They arrive within a week.

Although, I hear that if you order from GamerFinger themselves, you get a nice box. It ends up being more expensive due to international shipping and ends up being slower too.

Yeah the box looks pretty nice. Not sure if it's worth the time and extra money honestly.

Is anybody else constantly checking this thread for more TE news from Markman? I mean I know dude is busy but this is bordering on the biggest tease ever.

Conspiracy theory sarcasm time: he meant it as an April fool's joke but the positive reception it got totally backfired and now mad catz is scrambling to make our dreams a reality. Thanks mad catz!

Real talk I know this is somehow benjiedude's fault.

Well I am in California so FocusAttack will probably be the fastest.

I actually am thinking about selling mine if you are interested. They are the clear ones. Absolutely nothing wrong with them, I just prefer the look of the blacks (which had I known were translucent I would have ordered in the first place). I'd let em go for $5 a piece and include a set of additional black caps. Just let me know.

I actually am thinking about selling mine if you are interested. They are the clear ones. Absolutely nothing wrong with them, I just prefer the look of the blacks (which had I known were translucent I would have ordered in the first place). I'd let em go for $5 a piece and include a set of additional black caps. Just let me know.

I'm actually looking to get blacks as well to match my VLX when it comes in. Thanks for the offer though.

Yaari

Makes me wonder if the ones I bought are clear black then. Didn't know they sold both. Akishop definitely doesn't seem to have 2 types of black.

I'm constantly checking for more VLX pics. New TE info would only make me sad since I already bought a TE2, lol.

ArcadeShock's Twitter will most likely be your best bet to get your fix.

I'm actually looking to get blacks as well to match my VLX when it comes in. Thanks for the offer though.

Yeah black would definitely go best with that. The only thing visually that would bother me is the circular button outline on the stock vlx artwork. I feel that would really clash with the octagonal rims. Obviously just my humble opinion of course. Sorry I can't shut up when it comes to visual design stuff.

Makes me wonder if the ones I bought are clear black then. Didn't know they sold both. Akishop definitely doesn't seem to have 2 types of black.

Yeah I don't think there are solid black ones, at least for g2 versions. Don't worry they look really nice.

Is anybody else constantly checking this thread for more TE news from Markman? I mean I know dude is busy but this is bordering on the biggest tease ever.

Conspiracy theory sarcasm time: he meant it as an April fool's joke but the positive reception it got totally backfired and now mad catz is scrambling to make our dreams a reality. Thanks mad catz!

Lol.He wouldn't April Fool's us on March 31st...would he? (Starts thinking quietly and sweating)

Yeah black would definitely go best with that. The only thing visually that would bother me is the circular button outline on the stock vlx artwork. I feel that would really clash with the octagonal rims. Obviously just my humble opinion of course. Sorry I can't shut up when it comes to visual design stuff.

Same here its the only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on a set of them. I'm growing on them though little by little.

PureYeti

I'm just waiting for pad announcement

Top Bottom