• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

Yeah black would definitely go best with that. The only thing visually that would bother me is the circular button outline on the stock vlx artwork. I feel that would really clash with the octagonal rims. Obviously just my humble opinion of course. Sorry I can't shut up when it comes to visual design stuff.

I like the VLX PS4 art. I didn't like the art on the RAP Kai PS4 stick however. That splattered ink calligraphy look didn't work for me.

I like the VLX PS4 art. I didn't like the art on the RAP Kai PS4 stick however. That splattered ink calligraphy look didn't work for me.

I wasn't dissing the VLX art. Just saying that those strong circular button outlines might clash with the gamerfinger aesthetic. I'm not feeling the HRAP Kai PS4 art either, hrap.V art is way cleaner and I hope they release it in the US:
hsMJ0vQ.jpg

I check hoping people post more pictures.

Here you go, here's the iconic round 1 TE w/Seimitsu LS-40. I changed out the buttons for a more uniform look.
BRmqgLol.jpg
C0hZULFl.jpg

Here's my dual modded ps360+ Killer Instinct TE2 w/silent JLF and black gamer fingers.
WUyLVnvh.jpg

The balltop is the burlwood from Jasen's customs sold at paradise arcade. Also there's not really a line right through the middle, it's a reflection of the room. I went with a black acrylic from tek-innovations so there is no competing with the gamer finger shape.
AUj1DZOh.jpg

Here is the Tek-Mini that is also from tek-innovations. I forgot to take a pic but it's half the size of the round 1 te. I'm still waiting on a board to put in but I put a hayabusa in it. It does not fit right side up, so I'll have to rewire the switches. I just like the look of the stick in there so much that I'll make it work no matter what. Dust is a bitch btw.
CrO7WLSh.jpg
Bm0xKk7h.jpg

Skilletor

I wasn't dissing the VLX art. Just saying that those strong circular button outlines might clash with the gamerfinger aesthetic. I'm not feeling the HRAP Kai PS4 art either, hrap.V art is way cleaner and I hope they release it in the US:
hsMJ0vQ.jpg

Here you go, here's the iconic round 1 TE w/Seimitsu LS-40. I changed out the buttons for a more uniform look.
BRmqgLol.jpg
C0hZULFl.jpg

Here's my dual modded ps360+ Killer Instinct TE2 w/silent JLF and black gamer fingers.
WUyLVnvh.jpg

The balltop is the burlwood from Jasen's customs sold at paradise arcade. Also there's not really a line right through the middle, it's a reflection of the room. I went with a black acrylic from tek-innovations so there is no competing with the gamer finger shape.
AUj1DZOh.jpg

Here is the Tek-Mini that is also from tek-innovations. I forgot to take a pic but it's half the size of the round 1 te. I'm still waiting on a board to put in but I put a hayabusa in it. It does not fit right side up, so I'll have to rewire the switches. I just like the look of the stick in there so much that I'll make it work no matter what. Dust is a bitch btw.
CrO7WLSh.jpg
Bm0xKk7h.jpg

<3

I bought the burl and briarwood tops from Jasen's. They look hella nice!

These pictures are so hawt. I want to get a nice camera just to take pictures of my sticks. #unintentionalinnuendo

Skilletor

Thanks guys! I'll still always want that official sanwa denshi briarwood you got Skilletor. Any chance you can put up a comparison pic?

Yeah, I'll do it when I get home tonight.

Edit no Jutsu: I think, just looking at them, they look super similar. They feel different to the touch, though. For 15 bucks, the Jasen ones are really awesome since they look really good.

Armaly

Anyone know where I can buy replacement stickers that cover the Q4 screws? I looked around eight arc's site and they only sell it if you buy their plexi.

Skilletor

I totally regret asking you to post a comparison pic now haha. That Sanwa is soooooooo smooth and clean looking. WOW.

also from left to right: Sanwa Denshi Briarwood, Jasen Burlwood, Jasen Briarwood

The middle one is the Sanwa. :)

Far left is burlwood, far right is briarwood.

The biggest difference is by touch. The sanwa is heavier. Side by side, I can't tell the difference. They did a good job.

Lol, I'm an idiot. In my defense, I was browsing on my phone. Still embarassing though considering I have the burlwood ha.

Thanks for the impressions. It's curious why the two briarwoods look so different. The sanwa looks more like the burlwood.

Skilletor

Lol, I'm an idiot. In my defense, I was browsing on my phone. Still embarassing though considering I have the burlwood ha.

Thanks for the impressions. It's curious why the two briarwoods look so different. The sanwa looks more like the burlwood.

Oops, you're right. I have the Jasen's mixed up.

Stupid wood.

Nah, you had it right in the first place at least according to Paradise Arcade. I wonder if they got them mixed up when they did their listings. Either way, I like the look of the smoother looking Jasen better than the wood looking texture.

Houndi101

Now that MK X has taken the cat ouf of the bag by making their game compatible with PS3 era fight sticks (atleast some of them).
One would think after that Capcom is almost obliged to do the same with SFV? Or am I completely wrong?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Now that MK X has taken the cat ouf of the bag by making their game compatible with PS3 era fight sticks (atleast some of them).
One would think after that Capcom is almost obliged to do the same with SFV? Or am I completely wrong?

Given that Madcats is supplying Evo with loaner sticks, I'm guessing Capcom's leaving people out in the cold.

vg260

Isn't it the case with that PS3 driver that the home button and share maybe (I can't remember) don't work. That could be awkward for home use.

Capcom rarely follows conventional wisdom

hTvHxG2.jpg

http://www.istmall.co.kr/shop/goods/goods_view.php?goodsno=9992350&category=013

This is the most cheapest PS4 stick I have ever seen.

- Cross platform support between PS3/PS4/PC
- The case made of woods
- Can be opened easily
- Samducksa(Crown) Joystick
- About $82 (88000 won)

Although It's already selling at istmall, just the image doesn't updated to new one.
Hmm... Sounds interesting.

I like the look of this, actually. And the Crown joystick, too.

Damn, an all black TE2 is quite sexy. Hopefully Mad Catz designers get the hint.

Solid, simple designs always look best. Minimized elements make the stick pop more. I've always wondered if there's some sort of research somewhere that says the target audience responds way more to hyper-busy "extreme" design as opposed to a sleek, basic look - or if it's simply a case of busted conventional wisdom being allowed to plow forward with ugly, jagged, overdesigned imagery.

Hence every "Gaming PC" for the last 15 years looking like a Rav 4 fucked a moonboot.

I think I'm going to upgrade soon, does my Rd. 1 TE have any resale value?

Obviously yes but it's a buyers market right now. It depends on condition. If you have a box and it's in clean near mint condition, you can maybe get $110 and I still think that's too high. The round 1 TE is the most common one. I see all these listings on eBay and so many people are trying to offload their old sticks to finance current gen sticks.

I'd be interested for the case alone. I'd definitely replace the lever though. I have a crown 303fk and it's just way too different than all the other sticks I use. Getting use to the rubberband feel is one thing but when I couldn't hit simple diagonals, I realized the stick is not for me.

Solid, simple designs always look best. Minimized elements make the stick pop more. I've always wondered if there's some sort of research somewhere that says the target audience responds way more to hyper-busy "extreme" design as opposed to a sleek, basic look - or if it's simply a case of busted conventional wisdom being allowed to plow forward with ugly, jagged, overdesigned imagery.

Personally, I blame e-sports.

Filth

Are the te2 regular and the te2 ultra street fighter edition built the same? Or does one have better parts? I ask because the sf edition is sold out and I can buy the plain no art one on Amazon.

mdsfx

Are the te2 regular and the te2 ultra street fighter edition built the same? Or does one have better parts? I ask because the sf edition is sold out and I can buy the plain no art one on Amazon.

All of the te2 sticks have the same parts, with the exception of the addition of an led board on the killer instinct version. Everything else are just color/art changes.

Astarte

hTvHxG2.jpg

- The case made of woods
- Can be opened easily
- About $82 (88000 won)

Although It's already selling at istmall, just the image doesn't updated to new one.

ooh that looks interesting! I'm going to refrain from buying it, I'm already saving up money to buy Lemstar's FE ._.
also those pictures up there are hot

ShadyJ

For anyone wanting a stick now and can't wait for the TE the Hori is amazing and in my opinion is a better built product.

I owned a KI TE2

mdsfx

For anyone wanting a stick now and can't wait for the TE the Hori is amazing and in my opinion is a better built product.

I owned a KI TE2
Really?? Usually their cases are cheap, thin-walled plastic (ex, vxsa, etc).

I have a vxsa Kai and it's a joke compared to the te2.

Skilletor

I still think the RAP series is too small and light. I much prefer the TE2 to those sticks. The only sticks I like better than madcatz' offerings are the fightingedge and vlx.

ShadyJ

No kidding... Which of their sticks are you referring to?

The HRAP4 with the Kuro parts.

I owned the KI TE 2 and it would creak, the plexi was loose which had the oily effect underneath and the top would not sit flush with the base.

My idea stick is indeed the TE Round 2 though, that thing was amazing.

BiggNife

hTvHxG2.jpg

- The case made of woods
- Can be opened easily
- About $82 (88000 won)

This is pretty much the kind of PS4 stick I've wanted for a while now.

Does anyone know if this place ships to the US? I can't read Korean and google translate isn't helping a ton. Even if shipping is $30 that's still way less than Hori/MadCatz's sticks and it looks like it would be really easy to swap in the Sanwa stick/buttons from my old PS3 stick.

ban25

This is pretty much the kind of PS4 stick I've wanted for a while now.

Does anyone know if this place ships to the US? I can't read Korean and google translate isn't helping a ton. Even if shipping is $30 that's still way less than Hori/MadCatz's sticks and it looks like it would be really easy to swap in the Sanwa stick/buttons from my old PS3 stick.

You might have some difficulty swapping that Korean lever for a JLF. Might want to do some investigating first.

ban25

I still think the RAP series is too small and light. I much prefer the TE2 to those sticks. The only sticks I like better than madcatz' offerings are the fightingedge and vlx.

I would rate them:

HRAP3/4 < TE < Fighting Edge == VLX

It's hard for me to decide between the FE and VLX, so I have to buy both, lol!

I heard a rumor that Hori will be releasing a new Fighting Edge in December. If so, I'll have to buy a set of those too!

Skilletor

I would rate them:

I heard a rumor that Hori will be releasing a new Fighting Edge in December. If so, I'll have to buy a set of those too!

Yeah, a new fightingedge would be a no Brainer for me.

I like it more than the vlx in some ways.

ban25

Yeah, a new fightingedge would be a no Brainer for me.

I like it more than the vlx in some ways.

Yep, I definitely prefer the Noir layout and the generous palm space of the FE. On the other hand, the VLX has excellent customizability and build quality. A stick that combined the best qualities of both would be a must buy.

Found this at a goodwill.
28PJJhT.png

It's pretty much complete trash, but, eh, it's another stick for $10.

I owned one of those for a while in college and somehow was able to use it for a long time. Then I modded it with a JLF briefly and it worked slightly better. Then I tried modding nit further and stopped using it because it was shit.

Skilletor

Yep, I definitely prefer the Noir layout and the generous palm space of the FE. On the other hand, the VLX has excellent customizability and build quality. A stick that combined the best qualities of both would be a must buy.

I dub thee brother.

BiggNife

You might have some difficulty swapping that Korean lever for a JLF. Might want to do some investigating first.

It looks like it's easily moddable, but I've tried to do more research on this stick and I've found absolutely nothing. Not even on SRK. It seems like it's a moot point anyhow, because as far as I can tell istmall doesn't ship to the US. But another Korean site called GMarket does, and it looks like they stock ISTSolution products, so hopefully they start selling it soon.

DasRaven

Drop the touch panel for a few 24mm buttons and I'm there. Since MKX supports the MK9 PDP stick, I'll probably keep my VLX sealed anyway.

ban25

Drop the touch panel for a few 24mm buttons and I'm there. Since MKX supports the MK9 PDP stick, I'll probably keep my VLX sealed anyway.

What are your thoughts on the MK9 stick? I've been thinking of getting one just for collecting purposes, but I'm not sure how well it would play...

I would rate them:

December? Dont play with my heart.

Top Bottom