• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

Ravidrath

It's pretty fucking awesome using my fightingedge on ps4. :)

Woo!

ALSO, what sticks PS3 sticks are compatible with the PS4? Or are the only ones that work are the MK sticks?

Our PS3 stick driver, which is what MKX and Skullgirls use, supports pretty much every single stick that works on PS3 and PC. That includes the PDP MK/Injustice sticks, anything by MadCatz, Qanba, Hori, and virtually all custom options.

The only controllers we've found that don't work are:
-Inpin PS2 Adaptors
-Anything with DualShock 3 guts in it​

PS360+ modded sticks work, but you'll need to update your firmware to a newer version.

catmario

Our PS3 stick driver, which is what MKX and Skullgirls use, supports pretty much every single stick that works on PS3 and PC. That includes the PDP MK/Injustice sticks, anything by MadCatz, Qanba, Hori, and virtually all custom options.

-Inpin PS2 Adaptors

PS360+ modded sticks work, but you'll need to update your firmware to a newer version.

Thanks for infomation!!! :)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Woo!

-Inpin PS2 Adaptors

I'm hoping your driver gets wide adoption! Money problems prevented me from getting the new Hori at the moment. );

Fmal

Banned
So, if I wanted to use a PS3 stick and a DS4 for local play in MKX, I couldn't do that without a second DS4, right?

Dzab

I'm looking for some help -- I'm still rocking a Round 1 TE (PS3) but I want to upgrade at some point. Seems like the UK doesn't have any PS4 sticks, specifically Madcatz ones.

Is there any news regarding upcoming sticks near the PS4 release of USF4 or SF5 down the line? Appreciate any help!

molnizzle

Not true... unless you're referring to a specific PCB or something. I have a 360 stick that was dual-modded to support PS3 as well and I hadn't touched it since I last played MK9 in like 2011. Works fine with MKX on PS4 as long as I already have the game running when I plug it in.

No idea what kind of dual mod it has. I paid some guy on SRK to do it. =P

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Not true... unless you're referring to a specific PCB or something. I have a 360 stick that was dual-modded to support PS3 as well and I hadn't touched it since I last played MK9 in like 2011. Works fine with MKX on PS4 as long as I already have the game running when I plug it in.

No idea what kind of dual mod it has. I paid some guy on SRK to do it. =P

The PS360+ is a specific PCB.

Just got my USFIV te 2 and I have to say it is a great product. I love the press button to access the inside. Changing parts have never been easier. 0 unscrewing needed. The thing was made with customization in mind and Its apparent. Markman I just want to thank you man for providing FGC top class arcade sticks since SFIV. Looking forward to more customization parts in the future.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Just got my USFIV te 2 and I have to say it is a great product. I love the press button to access the inside. Changing parts have never been easier. 0 unscrewing needed. The thing was made with customization in mind and Its apparent. Markman I just want to thank you man for providing FGC top class arcade sticks since SFIV. Looking forward to more customization parts in the future.

Thank you. We are doing our best here to create good products for a community we are very passionate about. We will be supporting the TE2 more and more in the coming months with accessories and parts. We look forward to sharing more, soon.

Skilletor

Thank you. We are doing our best here to create good products for a community we are very passionate about. We will be supporting the TE2 more and more in the coming months with accessories and parts. We look forward to sharing more, soon.

Do want Type-N panel.

Love my TE2s as well. :D

Lumix

Only thing I am weary about for my VLX...

How many people who have the original red VLX have had paint issues?

I've used my 360 VLX as my main stick for awhile, taken it to two EVO events, and haven't had the paint issues like other people.
I do store it in a stick bag, and wipe the surface with a fiber cloth quite often, though.

The only thing that concerns me on the VLX is the hand rest spaces as some prefere the Madcatz or Fighting Edge sticks to have that extra room. I guess I will see when my VLX's come. In any case I don't know if the perfect design alternative to the VLX exists yet for me so the choice remains the same for now.

Skilletor

The only thing that concerns me on the VLX is the hand rest spaces as some prefere the Madcatz or Fighting Edge sticks to have that extra room. I guess I will see when my VLX's come. In any case I don't know if the perfect design alternative to the VLX exists yet for me so the choice remains the same for now.

It's all preference. It's why on all my customs, I get more space between the stick and case.

On VLX layout, I tend to use the outside six buttons.

For the most part they aren't that bad, mostly preference really. I personally don't care for it because I have big hands and really like having the extra space.

I got a extra ps4 controller and gutted it to see what it was like on the inside, honestly wouldn't be difficult to just make my own stick. Luckily thanks to several engineering degrees and my current location, I have access to a shit ton of cnc machines, mills, robots, molds, welding equipment, a lot of different materials, and a laser cutter cause why not (actually super good for those incredibly to tolerance parts). Basically a candy store for someone like me.

So I have begun the process of designing my own stick in my downtime, but that's not what I'm excited about. Because of said equipment what I am going to try is to make my own buttons with some slight modifications. Basic idea so far is to replace some select parts with varying types of metals(this is going to take some testing to see what works best, yay for composition and physics), mainly the button itself and the inside of its casing, as well as a way to make it adjustable, such as increasing or decreasing travel distance, and the resistance of the button itself, whether you want minimal force or a bit of force. In theory its not that difficult, but actually making it all work as I intend as a high performance part is going to be the hard part The pros and cons of this if I get it right are:
+A smoother "travel" than your standard buttons.
+Higher durability, wont wear as fast as current buttons.
+A highly adjustable button.
-To pull off said functions, It's going to take a lot of time testing, and the specifications for tolerance are going to have to be incredibly strict.
-It sure as hell wont be cheap, especially if I have to order a very specific material.

A lot of work over something so small? Yeah. In over my head? Sure, but everyone needs a hobby, mine are fighting games and making stuff. Figured I'd put them to use to make something special for myself. If you guys have any ideas on modifications or features you wish sticks had I'd be glad to hear it. No guarantee I'll include those features, but I'll certainly consider them as long as they are feasible.

Skilletor

For the most part they aren't that bad, mostly preference really. I personally don't care for it because I have big hands and really like having the extra space.

I got a extra ps4 controller and gutted it to see what it was like on the inside, honestly wouldn't be difficult to just make my own stick. Luckily thanks to several engineering degrees and my current location, I have access to a shit ton of cnc machines, mills, robots, molds, welding equipment, a lot of different materials, and a laser cutter cause why not (actually super good for those incredibly to tolerance parts). Basically a candy store for someone like me.

So I have begun the process of designing my own stick in my downtime, but that's not what I'm excited about. Because of said equipment what I am going to try is to make my own buttons with some slight modifications. Basic idea so far is to replace some select parts with varying types of metals(this is going to take some testing to see what works best, yay for composition and physics), mainly the button itself and the inside of its casing, as well as a way to make it adjustable, such as increasing or decreasing travel distance, and the resistance of the button itself, whether you want minimal force or a bit of force. In theory its not that difficult, but actually making it all work as I intend as a high performance part is going to be the hard part The pros and cons of this if I get it right are:
-To pull off said functions, It's going to take a lot of time testing, and the specifications for tolerance are going to have to be incredibly strict.
-It sure as hell wont be cheap, especially if I have to order a very specific material.

A lot of work over something so small? Yeah. In over my head? Sure, but everyone needs a hobby, mine are fighting games and making stuff. Figured I'd put them to use to make something special for myself. If you guys have any ideas on modifications or features you wish sticks had I'd be glad to hear it. No guarantee I'll include those features, but I'll certainly consider them as long as they are feasible.

Post pics when you're done. :)

I'd buy a custom case from you when the time is right.
Order up some Swana parts.

I've used my 360 VLX as my main stick for awhile, taken it to two EVO events, and haven't had the paint issues like other people.
I do store it in a stick bag, and wipe the surface with a fiber cloth quite often, though.

I plan on sticking it in a bag and I usually clean all my sticks with fiber cloths to keep up maintenance so hopefully mine is fine.

Coda

Anyone try using a TitanOne with their PS3 sticks on PS4? Considering one since my funds are low still.

I use my Wii U Pro on PS4 with TitanOne. I wouldn't recommend playing fighters or using a stick at the moment though because of the 10 minute authentication check it does. It automatically reconnects the controller but for fighting games that'd probably be a deal breaker and some games it pauses when that happens.

Playing Bloodborne with the Wii U Pro controller is the shit though.

NpvRe33.jpg

we in there.

Allforce

I use my Wii U Pro on PS4 with TitanOne. I wouldn't recommend playing fighters or using a stick at the moment though because of the 10 minute authentication check it does. It automatically reconnects the controller but for fighting games that'd probably be a deal breaker and some games it pauses when that happens.

Playing Bloodborne with the Wii U Pro controller is the shit though.

I don't have one (yet) but someone here at GAF said they put a simple script on the Titan One (it's programmable) that lets him press two non-essential buttons together and it resets the authentication timer. So like between a few matches you can click something like L3 and R3 and it'll reset.

Not ideal but that dude who made the Titan One (and originally the CronusMax) says he's working on a fix coming to completely eliminate the authentication on PS4 so there's hope.

xCobalt

-Inpin PS2 Adaptors

Unfortunately, I don't have MKX or Skullgirls on PS4 to test my dual modded stick. I just opened my stick and the pcb has "Chimp SMD 3.1" printed on it (I assume thats what enabled the dual mod). Would you be able to confirm if this will work with the PS3 stick driver?

bumpkin

Hmm, stupid question... To anyone with a PS360+ in your fightstick, I've been reading online about a soft reset button combination to reconnect the stick after it times out (after 8 mins) on PS4. What buttons do I have to press and hold to trigger it? I've seen info on the Akishop Customs homepage that says "1P + 1K", but elsewhere I saw notes about "Select/Back + HK".

Hassun

Neo Member
I'm eager to get my first fightstick but they are hard to get in Europe.
Is the HRAP 4 Kai really my only choice right now? Not a huge fan of having the Start button so close to the main button group and a lot of people don't seem to like the kuro buttons either.
I'd really love to have a stick which works on PC and both current gen consoles as well and I do not have the means to modify a stick myself.
Right now all I have is this crappy keyboard and a lot of cool fighting games on my PC.

What are my options?

P.S. Is Qanba working on getting a PC/PS4/Xone stick ready any time soon?

jerry1594

Hey guys, first time I buy an arcade stick. I got the PS2 Virtua Stick. The one with the green Seimitsu parts. It's gonna be kind if hard to get used to by the feel of it. It's pretty nice, but since I got it used it has a couple issues. Chief one is that the shaft on the LS-56 is kind of rusted. I know LS-56s are readily available but I can't find one in chrome, only black. I'd like a chrome one to maintain the original appearance and value, anyone know where to look for one? Other issue is the bolts on the top plate are also rusted, but that will be fine hopefully.

LegatoB

Unfortunately, I don't have MKX or Skullgirls on PS4 to test my dual modded stick. I just opened my stick and the pcb has "Chimp SMD 3.1" printed on it (I assume thats what enabled the dual mod). Would you be able to confirm if this will work with the PS3 stick driver?
I plugged my old Chimp modded stick just to be sure, and yeah, it works fine with MKX on PS4. I figured it would, the Cthulhu and its variants like the Chimp were extremely popular for mods back before the PS360+ was widely available; I'm sure Lab Zero and their friends had a few around to test with.

ban25

Hey guys, first time I buy an arcade stick. I got the PS2 Virtua Stick. The one with the green Seimitsu parts. It's gonna be kind if hard to get used to by the feel of it. It's pretty nice, but since I got it used it has a couple issues. Chief one is that the shaft on the LS-56 is kind of rusted. I know LS-56s are readily available but I can't find one in chrome, only black. I'd like a chrome one to maintain the original appearance and value, anyone know where to look for one? Other issue is the bolts on the top plate are also rusted, but that will be fine hopefully.

Wow, I didn't know that stick existed! It's an HSS-0136 for PS2!

The LS-56 includes a shaft-cover (black). You could simply remove it to maintain the original appearance. Alternatively, you could buy an LS-32-01 (no -SC) as it has a bare metal shaft.

ban25

I'm eager to get my first fightstick but they are hard to get in Europe.
Is the HRAP 4 Kai really my only choice right now? Not a huge fan of having the Start button so close to the main button group and a lot of people don't seem to like the kuro buttons either.
I'd really love to have a stick which works on PC and both current gen consoles as well and I do not have the means to modify a stick myself.
Right now all I have is this crappy keyboard and a lot of cool fighting games on my PC.

What are my options?

P.S. Is Qanba working on getting a PC/PS4/Xone stick ready any time soon?

FWIW, the rim on the 24mm options button is flush with the plunger, which makes it less likely to press. As for the Kuros, you have to try them to know if you hate them -- personally, I'm not a fan, but plenty of people are.

If you can get the Madcatz TE2, that's another option that has Sanwa buttons stock.

xCobalt

I plugged my old Chimp modded stick just to be sure, and yeah, it works fine with MKX on PS4. I figured it would, the Cthulhu and its variants like the Chimp were extremely popular for mods back before the PS360+ was widely available; I'm sure Lab Zero and their friends had a few around to test with.

Thanks for the confirmation! Really appreciate it.

By the way, does anyone know the difference between Hori's RAP 4 and RAP 5 of the Hayabusa line? They seem identical.

Top Bottom