• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

That's cool, but my idea of hype is getting a NEW stick for a NEW console.

I definitely want a new stick for the the new console as well. But I'm glad to know that my previous 5 sticks still all work, including the VLX that I spent 300 smackers on.

But this is great news for tournaments that are held on PS4 in the future. I'll probably still be using my Qanba RAF4 even if I get a new stick.

This was posted in the Ultimate FAQ at the PS Blog

Will PS3 peripherals such as fighting sticks and steering wheels work with PS4?

Generally speaking, no. However, at launch, users will be able to use these controllers if a specific game title allows it to be used within the game. This decision is upon the game developer and will vary from game to game.

So apparently it's up to the game developers. Does this mean Mad Catz may strike a deal with companies making fighting games to block compatibility? MarkMan, what say you?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
This was posted in the Ultimate FAQ at the PS Blog

So apparently it's up to the game developers. Does this mean Mad Catz may strike a deal with companies making fighting games to block compatibility? MarkMan, what say you?

I've said many times before. We WANT our sticks to work with next gen. We in NO way have the ability to "strike a deal" with first party to have them block our sticks.

I've said many times before. We WANT our sticks to work with next gen. We in NO way have the ability to "strike a deal" with first party to have them block our sticks.

LOL, sorry if I came off like a asshole. I wished I wouldn't have worded myself that way. But thanks again for your stance on this subject.

ibrahima

Banned
We WANT our sticks to work with next gen.

Quoted for emphasis.

Right then, change of subject. Pictures!

a9nFhlt.jpg

w17wieZ.jpg

12WrTz9.jpg

CI8oW1v.jpg

barX0b9.jpg

2lx0yPd.jpg

Very very very happy with it. I'm looking to get it a PS360+ fitted though I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on whether that would devalue it at all. I want to take this thing with me to the shops, I am sooooo attached to it. One thing to mention that I don't see so much of, compared to any other stick it is fucking loud! That metal frame really makes moving the stick echo like a mother. I really like the fact that it comes with both a fitted soft base and an optional hard base. I'm thinking about fitting the plugs but I might rock it with 3P and 3K for a bit. I can finally play Tekken Revolution with a stick.

So happy.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I sent a TE2 out to one of the more notable SRK Tech Talk members earlier this week. It comes back to me tomorrow. I can't wait to see how he messed around with things inside. :D

Yeah, those color buttons look super goofy on the FE.

Yeah that was MS required, right? Kind of a bummer, so many nice custom sticks got their looks butchered by that requirement. Love that stick in general though, one of the best looking stock stick that I've ever seen. Might just be my personal bias though, as I used the same white / light blue color scheme for my custom stick.

Yeah that was MS required, right? Kind of a bummer, so many nice custom sticks got their looks butchered by that requirement. Love that stick in general though, one of the best looking stock stick that I've ever seen. Might just be my personal bias though, as I used the same white / light blue color scheme for my custom stick.

I think it was a MS mandate on any 360 controller without a game branding it, which is why some of the TEs and HRAPs are exempt.

Mark said they released that mandate for XB1 controllers.

Does it say anything about the button remapping feature on 360? From what I hear the first FE actually didn't let you remap the colored buttons at all, unlike the PS3 version which lets you remap everything.

generally i think depends on what the general look/art/style of the stick is.. but imo the "xbox button colors" works ok for SE Hrap's though :) has that neogeo feel to it haha
vx-sekai.jpg

We try to fight that requirement every single time lol.

seems like you guys won for the Korean SE's at least :)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Messing with custom artwork experience for the Killer Instinct Arcade FightStick TE2! Just print it out and put it in!

1395907_10151797445498883_234194329_n.jpg

onionfrog

Hey Guys.
I'm thinking about buying my first stick and transitioning from playing UMVC3 and AE on Pad to playing them on Stick.

My two cheapest options seems to be either:

This Soul Calibur Stick, which apparently has a different button layout than what is usually used for street fighter.
http://www.amazon.com/SoulCalibur-Arcade-FightStick-Edition-Playstation-3/dp/B006EJ38W8/ref=sr_1_3?srs=2529833011&ie=UTF8&qid=1383499184&sr=8-3&keywords=arcade+stick

Or this WWE Brawl Stick, which appears to be somewhat smaller and very ugly, but also dirt cheap. (~$42 Shipped from amazon right now)
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-WWE-Stars-Brawl-Stick-3/dp/B004M25NNQ/ref=sr_1_2?srs=2529833011&ie=UTF8&qid=1383499184&sr=8-2&keywords=arcade+stick

I don't want to get something thats junk, but I'm also not sure If i need a really high grade tournament level stick since I just play in my living room for the most part anyways.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If I did end up getting the Soul Calibur Stick, I'm probably going to wait for madcatz to do a sale during a tournament weekend like they usually do.

SUPARSTARX

Why didn't they make the dustwasher and panel as white color also on the new white FE? Would've been perfect or make the panel some sort of prismatic ceramic pattern heh instead of keeping it black.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Hey Guys.
I'm thinking about buying my first stick and transitioning from playing UMVC3 and AE on Pad to playing them on Stick.

My two cheapest options seems to be either:

This Soul Calibur Stick, which apparently has a different button layout than what is usually used for street fighter.
http://www.amazon.com/SoulCalibur-Arcade-FightStick-Edition-Playstation-3/dp/B006EJ38W8/ref=sr_1_3?srs=2529833011&ie=UTF8&qid=1383499184&sr=8-3&keywords=arcade+stick

Or this WWE Brawl Stick, which appears to be somewhat smaller and very ugly, but also dirt cheap. (~$42 Shipped from amazon right now)
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-WWE-Stars-Brawl-Stick-3/dp/B004M25NNQ/ref=sr_1_2?srs=2529833011&ie=UTF8&qid=1383499184&sr=8-2&keywords=arcade+stick

I don't want to get something thats junk, but I'm also not sure If i need a really high grade tournament level stick since I just play in my living room for the most part anyways.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If I did end up getting the Soul Calibur Stick, I'm probably going to wait for madcatz to do a sale during a tournament weekend like they usually do.

The Soulcalibur stick is already $99. We're not dipping lower than that. It's a great value for Sanwa everything, noir layout. You can change the button mapping (physically) by swapping two wires or just change them manually in game.

Yeah, so don't expect a discount/sale on the SCV stick anytime soon.

onionfrog

The Soulcalibur stick is already $99. We're not dipping lower than that. It's a great value for Sanwa everything, noir layout. You can change the button mapping (physically) by swapping two wires or just change them manually in game.

Yeah, so don't expect a discount/sale on the SCV stick anytime soon.
I didn't think about physically swapping the two wires to change the layout, that's a good idea. But will that void the warranty?

The $99 pricepoint is good, I'll have to ask somebody if they can get it for me from Christmas.

Thanks Markman.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
SCV stick rules! I play VF 99% of the time so the button layout is fine. When I play marvel all you need to reassign is Assist 1 & Assist 2. Haven't played SF in almost 2 years so I dunno how complicated button remapping is for that game.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I didn't think about physically swapping the two wires to change the layout, that's a good idea. But will that void the warranty?

The $99 pricepoint is good, I'll have to ask somebody if they can get it for me from Christmas.

Thanks Markman.

We still support it. Messing with the PCB or carelessly tinkering with the wiring would be voiding the warranty.

HSS-0130 has crappy clone buttons, and they're soldered directly onto the PCB. Which is a shame because it really could have been the best retail stick ever.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
HSS-0130 has crappy clone buttons, and they're soldered directly onto the PCB. Which is a shame because it really could have been the best retail stick ever.

At the time, there wasn't anyone releasing sticks with authentic arcade buttons (1996). They used the levers though. Shortly after some companies started finally using Seimitsu parts then eventually Sanwa.

Top Bottom