• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

knee

Seeing all the HSS posts I couldn't help but share one of mine @_@

10732460376_7d9ce603a1_c.jpg

Are the pcbs hot-glued in place and wired with stranded speaker wire??

Haha-- that rules. This was the stick thread version of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr1pWzoLvT8

Ghazi

I bought that stick I was talking about, it was $60, love it.

Just have to replace the artwork and maybe get it dual modded. I already found the template for it, I know where to buy the plexi for it, and the art I want, I'm still just a little confused on what I do now. I'll also have to ask around the local arcade if they know anyone who can do a dual mod for me.

The only thing i dislike about that stick is the start button compartment, but $60 is a steal!!

I agree, too many useless buttons and it's too long. I prefer the Mad Catz compartment. But yeah, I was so excited to get it for $60.

mdsfx

I bought that stick I was talking about, it was $60, love it.

Just have to replace the artwork and maybe get it dual modded. I already found the template for it, I know where to buy the plexi for it, and the art I want, I'm still just a little confused on what I do now. I'll also have to ask around the local arcade if they know anyone who can do a dual mod for me.
The only thing i dislike about that stick is the start button compartment, but $60 is a steal!!

Any updated info on whether Madcatz will be fullfilling all preorders on the KI fightstick (at least from their website)? I know Amazon is already a no-go until mid December.

I tried contacting their customer service but that was like talking to a wall.

Ooooo nice. Wait, doesnt this come with hori parts? Does it support an LS## or JLF?

Assuming this is like the original black Fighting Edge, the buttons are designed by Hori but they are a high class of buttons designed to compete with Sanwa and Seimitsu. Everyone who has tried my FE loves it with the stock parts.

If USF4 is announced tonight I hope MCZ will be making a PS4 version of their KI stick soon. Even if old sticks work, I would still like to buy a new stick for the new console. I have 5 and counting so I'm more then happy to add to my collection when next gen really gets rolling.

Yes Boss!

If USF4 is announced tonight I hope MCZ will be making a PS4 version of their KI stick soon. Even if old sticks work, I would still like to buy a new stick for the new console. I have 5 and counting so I'm more then happy to add to my collection when next gen really gets rolling.

That is the attitude!

I just bought the Mayflash Universal PS3/PS2/PC stick because I needed a cheap PS3 stick, and so far I do like the feel of it, especially considering how cheap it was, but I really don't like the face buttons being in the middle, does anyone know if I can change that? The box didn't come with a manual, so I don't know if they so how to in there and google hasn't been much help.

I just bought the Mayflash Universal PS3/PS2/PC stick because I needed a cheap PS3 stick, and so far I do like the feel of it, especially considering how cheap it was, but I really don't like the face buttons being in the middle, does anyone know if I can change that? The box didn't come with a manual, so I don't know if they so how to in there and google hasn't been much help.

The buttons are rubber membranes pushing down onto a sub-PCB that passes the input to the main PCB via either a ribbon cable or a direct connector IIRC. You're probably out of luck here I'm afraid.

Luigi87

Qanba Q4RAF also is not recognized.
Seems like we'll need to wait for either Sony to patch this (assuming they can?), or new PCB...

Duxxy3

Alright so my fightstick pro doesn't work on PS4 (not a surprise). The dualshock 2 converter doesn't work either, so that can controller can finally be retired.

On a site note - anyone want a fightstick pro, cheap?

I have the Tatsunoko VS. Capcom stick for the Wii, and I find it really great to use (it's my first stick), however, the MP button was acting strange from the get go more or less. Whenever I moved my stick quickly from one direction to the other, such as performing charge moves, or if I put the tiniest bit of pressure on the button, it would act as though I was pressing it down/pressing it repeatedly. Save taking it back, I opened it up and swapped the button with the fourth on the top row. The button still acts up, but at least I can just set it to nothing in the control menu.
Only problem now is during menus and things, where the button is used (selecting colours on UMVC3 for example), it still occasionally counts as a multi button press when I'm not touching it.

The problems nothing major whatsoever, but I was wondering if there's any way to fix the button, outside of getting a new one?

cilonen

Anyone tried a Virtua Stick High Grade on the PS4 yet? I bit the bullet on import costs for that thing so I really hope I can still use it for a while.

If not out of the box I have to hope there'll be a patch for it.

The buttons are rubber membranes pushing down onto a sub-PCB that passes the input to the main PCB via either a ribbon cable or a direct connector IIRC. You're probably out of luck here I'm afraid.

Yeah, I found that out after opening it up. It sucks, but I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

One other issue I have with the stick is that the cord is short as shit, it'll be good for actual setups at weeklies or tournies, but for playing at home casually it's really annoying. But hey, $35 is pretty cheap and shipping was free, so you get what you pay for.

mdsfx

Alright so my fightstick pro doesn't work on PS4 (not a surprise). The dualshock 2 converter doesn't work either, so that can controller can finally be retired.

On a site note - anyone want a fightstick pro, cheap?
If you are serious, shoot me a PM

Mercutio

My MC Cthulhu sticks don't do jack on any PS4 software I have, or menu stuff. I don't have a fighter for it though... I guess that'll be when I say "bummer" if it doesn't work.

GeorgeC

Banned
You guys were told well ahead of time that the current-gen joysticks wouldn't work with the PS4 and XBox One.

Why were you expecting differently when it has NEVER been the case that past peripherals (with the exception of PS2) have ever directly worked with new consoles????

(I'm talking 1990s onward when tech copyrights really started to be respected in videogaming... Plenty of computers and a few older game systems DID copy the old Atari 2600 controller pin system which is C64's and Sega Genesis could use the 2600 joysticks interchangeably with the Genesis pads.)

Enjoy your PS3/XBox One systems and sticks.
Backwards compatibility, that ugly tech-restricting word, is a thing of the past unless enough people really want it... I really don't think it was ever that big of a selling point for than a minority of gamers. For better or worse, most people junk their old systems/sell them for a song and move on... I don't expect that to change!

Plenty of games will not migrate to the new systems... Just not gonna happen! Enjoy them on last-gen systems. If you like Arcana Heart 3 and so forth enough, why sell your systems for peanuts just to get a PS4 or XBox One?

I've never understood the need to be first kid on the block to own these things. You just end paying more money and waiting longer for the GOOD games! Those have always been the drawbacks of early adoption in addition to system bugs which you can expect from both MS and Sony! Right now, there's not going to be much on either PS4 or XBox One but there are still plenty of good games on the past generation systems.

I've got maybe two more joysticks I'm interested in (the Razer Atrox, Hori Fighting Edge) and still around 20 games (maybe 5-6 imports included) I wouldn't mind at least trying/buying for the PS3. I've still got plenty of mods/customs that I have to finish off in my own collection, too.

The last-gen systems will be around for at least two more years... I don't expect either to last 3 more years if the current hype around the new systems is anything to go by. The general public is moving on and there are enough early adopters that'll push these things through. There's about no way either the PS3 or XBox 360 will have the longevity of the PS2!

I can wait longer for the PS4... I have no interest in what's being offered right now! I didn't miss anything waiting until '04 to get the PS2 and I sat out a year on the PS3. Again, ditto -- nothing missed there.

Yes Boss!

It has been seven and eight years since last gen began.

Lots of folks, gamers, just really enjoy the experience of getting new hardware at launch. It is not always about what titles are available. Buying the system itself can be just as enjoyable.

Skilletor

You guys were told well ahead of time that the current-gen joysticks wouldn't work with the PS4 and XBox One.

Why were you expecting differently when it has NEVER been the case that past peripherals (with the exception of PS2) have ever directly worked with new consoles????

Probably because new consoles have NEVER used standard USB ports until the past two generations. Probably because you could use, at least on PS3, pretty much any USB input device and it would work. Probably because Sony has said that it's up to the developers to implement the option. Probably because we've got word that some devs are working to get previous generation flight sticks and wheels to work on the ps4 (not sure about XB1).

Also you forgot that GC controllers work with Wii. Wii controllers work with Wii U.

Mercutio

Companies have mentioned that some USB devices will work, but it's up to the developer in most cases. The big question here will be answered when there's a major mainstream fighter available on the system. Plus, I mean, come on. All my PS3 Move stuff works fine with my PS4. So, your whole "NEVER" situation doesn't even apply to this console.

So basically, any stick that uses the native PS3 controller protocol is not going to work. Some random sticks that use USB HID instead (e.g. doesn't have a Home button, like the Mayflash that got referenced a couple posts back) might still work, but the button maps might be all sorts of crazy.

The Phantomnaut

Neo Member
So basically, any stick that uses the native PS3 controller protocol is not going to work. Some random sticks that use USB HID instead (e.g. doesn't have a Home button, like the Mayflash that got referenced a couple posts back) might still work, but the button maps might be all sorts of crazy.

Also that pre-revision PS3 Neo Geo AES stick.

i wonder if the generic chinese usb encoders for mame found on ebay/arcade shops would work then.. i know some of them act as keyboard input, but the "xin mo" usb encoder acts as a USB HID on pc.

1816.jpg

Veezy

que?
I may have missed it, so if so feel free to mock me. What's one of the better sticks that's both PS4 and PC compatible? Or, is one even out there.

The Phantomnaut

Neo Member
I doubt the odds are very good, but does anyone happen to know if there are going to be any online deals on 360 sticks for Black Friday?

Maybe Mad Catz but it's also possible for multi-console sticks to have sales like Eightarc.

I wanna try out the TE2 at its fullest but I wish I got enough for an Xbox One, KI, and the stick on time. Oh well.

Top Bottom