• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars Z coming to PS2

There are scans floating around online for a new PS2 SRW title. From what I've seen, Zeta Gundam, SEED Destiny, Eureka Seven and Overman King Gainer are in.

I'd really like to know what the PS3 Super Robot series title is going to be, if the next big SRW is on the PS2.... stupid developers and their fear of change.

Mandoric said:
Z movies and ZZ don't mix. :lol There's at least SOME fakage going on.

I didn't notice ZZ in the pictures I've seen. I'm conflicted, part of me is happy about a new licensed SRW title, but I'm also hoping this is fake and that a next-gen SRW is in the works.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Oh thank god! I'm tired of OG. Glad to see regular SRW is back.

Mandoric said:
Z movies and ZZ don't mix. :lol There's at least SOME fakage going on.

When has completely contradictory canons stopped SRW before?

thetrin said:
Oh thank god! I'm tired of OG. Glad to see regular SRW is back.

What?

There was OG 1 and 2, OGs (which combined the two and added half of..) and OG Gaiden. Betwen those and around them there have been plenty of "regular" SRWs.

Teknoman

Man another new Robot Wars game for japan ; ;

Why couldnt atlus have brought over the OG series for PS2 instead of Baroque...that would've been a perfect summer RPG to pair with FES.

Mandoric

Banned
king zell said:
i think its Super Robot Wars Σ not Z

Nah, crossed Zs are probably more common than uncrossed.

How the hell is this a "start to a new series" if they're jumping straight into the end of CE? :lol

TreIII

Mandoric said:
Nah, crossed Zs are probably more common than uncrossed.

How the hell is this a "start to a new series" if they're jumping straight into the end of CE? :lol

SRW series parlance dictates that if it doesn't share the name of a previous SRW, and adds a numeral or "Gaiden" after it, then it is indeed a new game storyline. Where they choose to start with one particular game series has little to do with anything.

Mandoric

Banned
TreIII said:
SRW series parlance dictates that if it doesn't share the name of a previous SRW, and adds a numeral or "Gaiden" after it, then it is indeed a new game storyline. Where they choose to start with one particular game series has little to do with anything.

It says "start of a new series", so yeah, I'm pretty sure it is one. Just a really strange casting.

TreIII

Mandoric said:
It says "start of a new series", so yeah, I'm pretty sure it is one. Just a really strange casting.

Wouldn't be the first time, surely.

SRW R for the GBA, for example, started you off in basically a "post CCA" type of setting, before sending back in time so that you could hopefully prevent that future from happening.

Dead

well not really...yet
From Gunota blog

This week's Famitsu announces Super Robot Wars Z for the PS2. The series list:
Orguss
Gravion
Gravion Zwei
Aquarion
Gundam SEED Destiny
Eureka Seven
Overman King Gainer
Baldios
Zeta Gundam movies
Mazinger Z
Great Mazinger

distantmantra said:
Famitsu announced something in the Super Robot series for PS3 last week, we just don't know what the hell it really is...

Some odd ball entry to the series that will ultimately be forgotten, a sure sign of this will be if it has 3D graphics.

Case in point, the SRWs for the Gamecube and 360.

FFSabin

Pretty sure is Z since Terada have said on the blog the title is an alphabet.

and goddamn finally we can MUGEN PUNCH some stupid SEED units

TreIII

Ideally, I would hope that this wouldn't be the complete series list. The lack of Getter, at least, disturbs me. They can do that kinda crap on a portable SRW and get away with it, but I REALLY think that people will be up in arms if they don't get a Getter (along with Ryouma screaming at the top of his lungs) in a console game.

TreIII

Shouta said:
That fake list is like way more interesting than the one we have now. :lol

Speak for yourself.

Confirmed list has Overman King Gainer, a series I've been personally desiring for a while now. :D

Shouta

TreIII said:
Speak for yourself.

Confirmed list has Overman King Gainer, a series I've been personally desiring for a while now. :D

I want Tekkaman Blade on a console too. >=(

Edit: Gah, I hope that the person listing Kissdum in that thread is kidding. :lol

Dead

well not really...yet
Shouta said:

Edit: Gah, I hope that the person listing Kissdum in that thread is kidding. :lol
Why would he be kidding?

I'd rather have Kissdum than Gravion :lol

TreIII

Shouta said:

Agreed, but after two straight appearances in consecutive SRW games (portable or not), I wouldn't be too heart-broken if he got the pass. Again, this will be Gainer's first appearance in a SRW, and that's worthy of celebration. :D

Shouta

Dead said:
Why would he be kidding?

I'd rather have Kissdum than Gravion :lol

You sir, are dead to me!

As stupid as Gravion is, I'd take it over Kissdum! :lol

TreIII said:
Agreed, but after two straight appearances in consecutive SRW games (portable or not), I wouldn't be too heart-broken if he got the pass. Again, this will be Gainer's first appearance in a SRW, and that's worthy of celebration. :D

Meh, Gainer got into ACE3, a bigger profile game. Blade need some justice done to his Vol-Tekker. >=O

Hmmm.. at first glance the series list looked pretty small.

Then, looking back, I noticed that the last one I played, W, only had such a large looking list cause had sequels to the series in it too.

Tenbatsu

I WANT GODMARS!!!
godmars.gif

Shouta

duckroll said:
I dunno, Kissdum has some awesome designs. NECRODIVER!!! GOOOOOOOOOO!

Actually, they may make it into a somewhat decent series. It kind of worked for Brain Powerd in SRW!

Tenbatsu said:
Most likely its canned and became this.
That's what everyone's saying, but why would famitsu, the week before, announce it for PS3, and then in a weeks time have it appear for PS2. Either it was a mistake on famitsu's part, there's a PS3 game, or WOW, PS3 is dead in Japan confirmed... again.

Mefisutoferesu said:
That's what everyone's saying, but why would famitsu, the week before, announce it for PS3, and then in a weeks time have it appear for PS2. Either it was a mistake on famitsu's part, there's a PS3 game, or WOW, PS3 is dead in Japan confirmed... again.

PS3's can play PS2 games. :p

Apharmd

Zeta movies units - COME ON ADVANCE OF ZETA

SEED Destiny units - ...Wow, I can see it now. Mazinkaiser alongside Destiny Gundam fights Infinite Justice. They both try to kick Infinte Justice, and IJ breaks off Mazinkaiser's leg by kicking it.

And then Kouji Kabuto tries to block Infinite Justice's beam boomerangs with Mazinkaiser's face.

Finally, Strike Freedom beamspams Zeta Gundam into submission.

At this rate, how long until Shin Sangoku Musou 5 Special for PS2? :lol

Also Siren must be like the first real SCEJ game for PS3 since...
where is ape escape damn it

Apharmd

By the way, reportedly someone is saying on 2ch that more series will be announced.

It'd make sense, this is a rather small lineup for any SRW.

EDIT - SUPPOSEDLY a section of the magazine scan...can anyone prove/disprove?

28splif.jpg

Top Bottom