• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Rumor/Prophecy Thread -- Super Smash Star Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Zerodoppler said:
What if they simply gave the staff to the gray, generic furry character instead of to the blue one? Problem solved?

Cause that makes no sense? It was Krystal's staff. Wolf didnt even appear in that game

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Zerodoppler said:
What if they simply gave the staff to the gray, generic furry character instead of to the blue one? Problem solved?
Wolf? With a staff? Hell, I'd rather they gave Fox a staff and Falco his old moveset.

SantaC

Holy Order Sol said:
No. You were the one saying that the current quality of a franchise mattered in the first place.

Yes it is evident from this thread that it matter for some people, including me. More variation in the roster isn't a bad thing.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Duderz said:
That means Petey would (logically) be playable.

Let Ridley just be a boss character for now. Metroid really doesn't need more characters than it already has; I'd rather have costume changes than anything (i.e. Fusion Suit, Phazon suit, etc.)

No it wouldnt. You could unlock certain characters by fighting them as bosses. Plus Petey in his SSE represtation wouldnt even work.

MarkMan, I'm not sure if your still reading this topic, but I've got a question.

All these things your confirming, have you seen them first hand (ie. live game footage), or are you just passing along information from another source?

Tim-E

flipping_heck said:
haha, no. But Krystal would work well in SSBB despite everyone hating her for being Fox's love interest.

And the love interest of many others on the internet.

Kusagari

Tempy said:
Series representation can not only be achieved with playable characters.

There are attack trophies for one, and SSE can include the more boss-like characters - such as Ridley and MewTwo.

So what are the chances of Ganondorf being relegated to SSE duty and not be a playable character?

... If Ganondorf didn't make it while WOLF AND FALCO did then my brain would probably explode from how "What the FUCK?" that seems.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ShockingAlberto said:
Because Dark Samus is just normal Samus with blue shots and a black outfit

It would be like adding Dr. Mario again

You havent played Prime have you? DS's arm cannon can do way more things than Samus's. The shotgun blast alone would be sweet

ShockingAlberto said:
Because Dark Samus is just normal Samus with blue shots and a black outfit

It would be like adding Dr. Mario again

Enough differences exist to merit her as a candidate. She is the
Metroid Prime
--and we already have a stage from that series.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Dark Samus does have a bunch of crazy Phazon abilities. But it would still be a dumb character, especially compared to Ridley.

Scribble

I love how some people are acting as if Wolf and Falco are some generic, soulless characters plucked from nowhere, yet in the same breath plead for actual generic, soulless characters who they only want in to justify some silly "franchise slot representation" construction.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Scribble said:
I love how some people are acting as if Wolf and Falco are some generic, soulless characters plucked from nowhere, yet in the same breath plead for actual generic, soulless characters who they only want in to justify some silly "franchise slot representation" construction.
If Mega Man is not in this game, I will hold each and every one of the remaining newcomers personally responsible.

Scribble said:

Wanting Ridley over either Falco OR Wolf isn't really silly. Hell, with the way Starfox franchise sucks these days, they should make Fox the only representative and stick in Ridley and someone new from F-Zero.

Scribble said:
Pretty much.

If the Dojo update thread hasn't convinced you, then this thread surely will: Smash Bros. fans are gigantic whiners.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Scribble said:

Or because they are interesting to fight with. And yes Wolf and Falco are pretty generic to me. Thats not my point though.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ShockingAlberto said:
Pretty much.

If the Dojo update thread hasn't convinced you, then this thread surely will: Smash Bros. fans are gigantic whiners.

Same tired line you've been spewing a long time. Opinions are bad.

Kusagari

Scribble said:

I don't think anyone thinks Wolf and Falco are generic soulless characters. I love the both of them. I just don't see how the hell Sakurai can make Fox and these two seem different from the other. If their going to be clones or near clones then I would have rather had a different character.

Super Smash Star Fox.?

I wish :(

A fighting game with all Starfox 64 characters, and they shout their trademark SF64 phrases every 5 seconds, it would be glorious! In fact, put them all in ships and make them fly through SF64 levels, and fight SF64 bosses, wait, just make SF64 again and sell it to me!

Fireblend

Banned
BuddhaRockstar said:
Super Smash Star Fox.?

I wish :(

A fighting game with all Starfox 64 characters, and they shout their trademark SF64 phrases every 5 seconds, it would be glorious! In fact, put them all in ships and make them fly through SF64 levels, and fight SF64 bosses, wait, just make SF64 again and sell it to me!
Virtual console? :D

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ShockingAlberto said:
I said nothing of opinions. Sounds like someone's sore.

Must be from all the whining.

Not really. I have an opinion this is bad. You whine about me complaining. I wouldnt be complaining if I didnt care a lot about the game. I hope you like the view up there on your high horse.

Neiteio

Wolf wouldn't be a clone. Look at Assault.

When he wins in Assault's versus mode they show him dual-wielding machine guns. They could give Wolf some heavy firepower for juggling enemies in midair ala Dante, and give him a brutal fighting style with bone-crushing kicks and slams. They could even toss in Assault's gatling gun.

As for Ridley... If true, I'm disappointed, but I suppose it's sensible. I know Ridley's size isn't an issue, but the fact of the matter is that Sakurai tends to stay consistent with how the character is depicted in contemporary games, in relation to the player's perspective. Hence, Olimar may be an inch tall story-wise, but to the player he looks the same size in Pikmin as he does in Brawl.

Ridley was my most-wanted character, but I guess I'll start preparing myself for the reality that he could be an SE boss...

I guess the only newcomers I'm expecting now are Wolf and Toon Link. If one of them is confirmed this week, the 35-man roster's probability will increase. And for those who find the choice of Wolf over Krystal odd, like myself, I suspect it has to do with Wolf playing a substantial role in SE. That would more than justify his inclusion as a PC.

- N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom