• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Direct on 9/4 12AM (EU), 7AM (JP) - 8/4 6PM (EST), 3PM (PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I hope they reveal an actual title. "For Wii U/3DS" is just a placeholder, right?

Beelzebub

My body is ready for some pleasing and understanding !!!
1366001629320.gif

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Minor mistake in OP.

It's 12 AM GMT+1 in EU, right? Not GMT+2? Must be so if it's 11am UK time

L~A

Minor mistake in OP.

It's 12 AM GMT+1 in EU, right? Not GMT+2? Must be so if it's 11am UK time

Nope, it's Midnight for France, which is currently in GMT+2. Unless rest of Europe's using another timezone? I thought only Uk did.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I would guess between 15 to 25 minutes, and they are going to announce Palutena and Snake to please everyone on worldwide! HYPE!!!!!

Thoraxes

Oh god how did I miss this news?

HYPE MODE ENGAGE

CHOOO CHOOOOO

I want confirmation of a quarter release date.
No delay into 2015.
More items.
More characters.
More stages.

And a new game mode that will be demonstrated for a nice amount of time.

AHHHHHHHHHHH

And one nutso prediction from me, because why not?

They'll announce a public beta to hit before E3 to stress-test netcode and server stress that will last one weekend.

RoadDogg

I'm going to get my disappointment out of the way now so things can only be better.

New Level Shown
Returning Character Shown
New Mode Shown
Delayed to 2015
Demo out now to apologize, but it is only available for 3 days at Best Buy locations in 10 cities for 3 hours a day.

My real hope is they show more of the cross console integration. They really need to make owning the Wii U version important.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Wait a minute. I might withdraw my comment about two characters. What if we are getting two direct, Smash Direct and Bimonthly Direct. I would guess that one of direct would provide third party character, and other direct would provide a newcomer.

This is gonna be the longest weekend ever. I need this now. My body was not ready for containing this much hype.

Same here. I just went out and took a long run around to burn my hype away. I do not want those hype energies in my body for the weekend. :p

4 days 10 hours!

Epic news to wake up to! And wow they announced this a lot earlier in advance than usual. Iwata must have said it is time to drop the bombs.

Headbanging_zps1c9db1d9.gif

Goddamn European dates! I was all hype for a Smash Direct this morning! Yeah, that makes no sense since it's 8/4 and not 4/4! I have no idea how that makes sense! I must just want this so bad, haha...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Can this gif be turned into hype train?

1396296959154pwu3k.gif

Also requesting something from ToQger for hype train.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Goddamn European dates! I was all hype for a Smash Direct this morning!

Lucky, I checked Smash Site first before I saw the thread. I don't think my heart can handle that surprise today.

I'm thinking that they could use Direct to explain how Pac Man work. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that we might get Pac Man for Smash Direct. However, It's possible that they could show Mii as well since they might need to run over customization features as well.

I'm thinking that they might preview alt costumes for characters as well.

Revven

Keeping expectations in check. I kind of just hope he details gameplay stuff instead of character reveals because there's so much shroud and mystery behind how the game plays. Yes, statements of speed between Melee and Brawl were said and there's been a few 30 second clips here and there but that's hardly enough to determine whether it plays well or not -- you can't blame me for being super skeptical of anything that Sakurai says. This is their opportunity to show actual good length match footage or discuss anything that's changed or show off something like the ledge grab mechanic changes.

...But I'm guessing it'll probably be character stuff, which I would be okay with, just stuff I can't get hype for if I still can't be excited about the gameplay itself lol.

There has to be something significant, though.

Fuck I have to work then first direct I'll miss in a long time :(

Edit: Wait I'm an idiot Tuesday night in the US and I get out of work at 5 that day! :D

CHOO CHOO

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think Iwata and Nintendo are going to be very aggressive with Smash and Mario Kart to make sure that they are going to sell Wii U.

I meant, we just started with new fiscal year, and we already got a blow out with Mario Kart 8, and now we are getting Smash Direct. I really hope that it would be a great year for Nintendo.

Keeping expectations in check. I kind of just hope he details gameplay stuff instead of character reveals because there's so much shroud and mystery behind how the game plays. Yes, statements of speed between Melee and Brawl were said and there's been a few 30 second clips here and there but that's hardly enough to determine whether it plays well or not. This is their opportunity to show actual good length match footage or discuss anything that's changed or show off something like the ledge grab mechanic changes.

...But I'm guessing it'll probably be character stuff, which I would be okay with, just stuff I can't get hype for if I still can't be excited about the gameplay itself lol.

There has to be something significant, though.

Yeah, I have low expectation for Direct but I want to blow out my hype on the thread. I'm excited about it.

I think they are going to explain the changes for battle engine, show few stages in motion like Mii's stages, one or two characters (I think they are going to save one character for Bimonthly direct if it happened), alternative costumes, release date, customization, etc

I'm not saying that all of those things would happens, but I'm listing things that could happens on Direct.

CANLI

Smash for WiiU : July
Smash for 3DS : November

That's what i'd like to hear in this direct.
I'm

I think that will be the 3ds version for late June and Wii u version late October. All those people who are going to summer vacation with their 3ds can still play with it anytime.

TrueBlue

I think Mii might be a good shout for a new character reveal.

Personally hoping for Palutena, Shulk, Mewtwo, Snake etc. There's so much I want I can't choose!

Some info into modes and a release window would be very nice too.

Mr. RPG

Wait is it just Smash Bros. because honestly I don't care that much.

It says "Direct focusing on the upcoming #WiiU & #3DS games" in the post but on the twitter it just says "for Smash Bros."

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Huh. If MK8 wasn't coming out next month I would think a release date/window was possible.

Interesting timing with the MK8 hype just starting.

ffdgh

Wait is it just Smash Bros. because honestly I don't care that much.

It says "Direct focusing on the upcoming #WiiU & #3DS games" in the post but on the twitter it just says "for Smash Bros."

It's likely worded that way since the game is on both consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom