• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

EulaCapra

Does anybody know what Mario's FLUDD customs do exactly? I have yet to to read any properties regarding Scalding FLUDD or High Pressure FLUDD.

Smash 6 roster additions

Tingle
Isabelle
Marshal (if not time-locked/DLC)
Captain Toad (if not time-locked/DLC)
Inkling (if not time-locked/DLC)
Paper Mario (if not time-locked/DLC)
Takamaru
Dixie Kong (if not time-locked/DLC)
Ridley (if not time-locked/DLC)
Banjo-Kazooie
Gruntilda
Mumbo-Jumbo
Kameo
Joanna Dark
Conker

Best Smash 6 roster :v

No Waluigi. IMMEDIATELY dissatisfied.

Banjo-Kazooie would be fantastic if it could be done.

zroid

Banned
Anyone else feel that CPUs are especially vulnerable to Villager's tree? Maybe because the move is so strange that the AI hasn't been programmed to deal with it properly.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Smash 6 roster additions

Tingle
Isabelle
Marshal (if not time-locked/DLC)
Captain Toad (if not time-locked/DLC)
Inkling (if not time-locked/DLC)
Paper Mario (if not time-locked/DLC)
Takamaru
Dixie Kong (if not time-locked/DLC)
Ridley (if not time-locked/DLC)
Banjo-Kazooie
Gruntilda
Mumbo-Jumbo
Kameo
Joanna Dark
Conker

Best Smash 6 roster :v

So, aside from Splatoon girl, what actual newcomers can we expect for Smash 6?

WAT. HER HAIR IS A HAT? Nintendo pls release a Daisy costume for Peach. So what if she's "unimportant and minor". She'll never get anything else. PUT 'ER IN SMASH.

I actually don't even like Daisy. But the treatment she gets is painfully sad.

Meh Daisy gets the treatment she deserves. She's on the same level as Birdo and Waluigi. Characters like Toad are still left high and dry but I suppose they'll be saving Captain Toad for Smash 5 in 2020.

That's about all I mourn over when it comes to the buyout. All that lost Smash content. Well, I also mourn DK Racing and Banjo-Threeie.
Yeah that's about it as well. Although Kameo and Viva Pinata had interesting concepts as new ips that I'm sure with Nintendo's guidance could've been better games. Kameo is a shame since it had potential but it went through development hell and then Microsoft killed Rare. I'm glad Rare's hands were removed from the DK franchise though. They were starting to head down a dark route that could've fallen into a Sonic 2006/Shadow the Hedgehog/ Sonic Heroes mess. Although I doubt Nintendo would've let it get that far. Although I wish DK racing was their last Nintendo title not SF:A.

OmegaFax

Anyone else feel that CPUs are especially vulnerable to Villager's tree? Maybe because the move is so strange that the AI hasn't been programmed to deal with it properly.

Kinda. Move's awkward. Most of the time, I'll grow the tree and attack the other characters with the axe.

Meh Daisy gets the treatment she deserves. She's on the same level as Birdo and Waluigi. Characters like Toad are still left high and dry but I suppose they'll be saving Captain Toad for Smash 5 in 2020.

Eh. I don't think Nintendo choosing to do nothing with a character insinuates that the character themselves deserve it. They're just being non-creative with 'em if you ask me.

Video is still loading, but it should be cool to see a Greninja in an actual match. Everyone seems to think he's solid, but I haven't seen him actually played much.
I love that you post cool things, but could you provide a little context with these links?

I was trying to embed it, but I can't figure it out :(
But next time I'll post x vs x or something.

Got this from the Peach Smashboards:
General

Distance on second jump increased significantly.
Ledge Floating is still in (immediately landing on back on the stage from the ledge by pressing float when jumping to the stage)

Jab

Jab 2 now deals less knockback
Jab > Grab is now much harder, maybe even impossible. Peach does jab 2 when you input grab after jab 1.
Total damage slightly decreased from Brawl (6 > 5)
Slightly shortened range.

Dash Attack

The two hits connect much better into each other now.

Ftilt

Decreased knockback
Decreased damage. (?)

Utilt

Severely decreased knockback.
Decreased damage (?)

Dtilt

Easier to combo of.
Easier to spike with it.
Dtilt slide is out (lol)

Fsmash

Now comes in a set order: Frying Pan > Tennis Racket > Golf Club
Tennis Racket deals more knockback and has no sweetspot anymore.
Frying Pan Pan deals more knockback.
Not sure whether Golf Club deals more knockback though.

Usmash

Range slightly increased, it's easier to hit with the sweetspot now.
Sourspot has increased damage and knockback (8 > 12) I would like someone to confirm this.

Dsmash

Hits connect reliably now. It does around 13 damage.
Increased knockback (but it barely kills)

Toad (Neutral B)

Spores deal slightly more knockback (?).
Custom move 1 - Grumpy Toad: Toad automatically shoots spores and does not need to be activated by a counter attack.
Custom move 2: Toad puts the opponent to sleep. The sleeping duration looks pretty short.

Peach Bomber (Side B)

Start-up decreased significantly.
Bounces off shields.
This move actually looks usable now!
Damage decreased (15 > 10)
Custom move 1 - Rising Bomber: Peach bomber also travels a bit upwards instead of only sidewards. Improved knockback (?).
Custom move 2:

Parasol (Up B)

Hits connect very reliably now.
Open Parasol has increased knockback.
Custom move 1 - Super Parasol Jump: Increased height, but leaves Peach in a fast fall at the end of the move (you cannot open Parasol).
Custom move 2:

Turnip (Down B)

Turnip pluck has increased lag.
Instant turnip pluck from the ledge is still in.
Custom move 1 - Heavy Vegetable: Increased lag on plucking turnips, but turnips deal more knockback. Turnips are thrown less far.
Custom move 2:

Nair

Looks mostly unchanged. Still very fast.

Fair

Slightly increased knockback
Autocancels later. When autocanceled too early, it has considerable lag and is unsafe on shield.

Bair

Range in front of her slightly decreased.
Range on her butt still big.
Still very fast.

Dair

Damage decreased (14 > 11)
SDI'ing out of mulihit moves (= escaping out of multihit moves) has become much harder, which means it has become impossible to escape out of Dair.
Range and comboability are still great.

Uair

Her Uair has been replaced. She waves in the air and hits her opponent with a rainbow.
Fast start-up.
Low ending lag in the air.
Low landing lag.
Great range on top of her.
Knockback seems to be a bit less than her old Uair.

Grab

Grab range and speed seem mostly the same.

Fthrow

Knockback slightly increased (?) Doesn't kill well.

Bthrow

Knockback increased.
Knockback seems to be more than Fthrow, but it still doesn't kill well.

Uthrow

Looks largely unchanged.

Dthrow

Can combo of it at low to middle percents.

Final Smash

Sleep duration decreased
Damage decreased (40 > 20)
Now summons about three giant peaches instead of many small peaches. Each giant peach heals 20%.
Opponents can still avoid falling asleep by being airborne.
Opponents can still eat peaches and heal themselves.
It's still a mystery why they thought it was a good idea to nerf this already awful Final Smash.

Captain Toad, Metroid newcomer(Dark Samus or Ridley lol. Although I'd expect to be disappointed again as a Metroid fan), Zelda newcomer(Impa- she's been around for a while and Hyrule Warriors probably increased her popularity even more especially from recent appearances in SS and OoT 3D), DK newcomer( Cranky- I think he'd be more interesting moveset wise and he is technically the original arcade DK), Takamaru, Animal Crossing newcomer( Isabella or Tom Nook or both, AC is a large and popular enough franchise to justify three reps)

Who knows for sure though. A lot of the characters that made it in only came into existence/popularity from 2011-2013 when the game was in development. I doubt anyone would've predicted Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Palutena, Greninja, Lucina, Dark Pit, and Robin for Smash 4 especially since only three of them existed before Brawl released, two of which were still pretty young.

Sponge

Banned
I'm glad Rare's hands were removed from the DK franchise though. They were starting to head down a dark route that could've fallen into a Sonic 2006/Shadow the Hedgehog/ Sonic Heroes mess. Although I doubt Nintendo would've let it get that far. Although I wish DK racing was their last Nintendo title not SF:A.

I get so conflicted about whether or not I'm okay with Rare removed from the DK games. On one hand, we lost DK Racing. A game that was to take inspiration from GTA 3 and have you ride animals as karts. They also were making a Diddy Kong Racing game with Mario characters.

DKP_Spaceworld_2001_(Unused_Character_Sprites).png

On the other hand, I prefer the Retro Studios games (even if I miss some of the characters MIA) and Diddy Kong Pilot eventually had those Mario characters cut for a racist as hell Redneck Kong.

dkp-character-composite.png

Personally, If I were to name someone who is rarely requested in Smash Bros.

I would want Electivire.

Twin-Electrical Tails? Check
Cool Design and Proportions? Check
Awesome Name? Check

It would be like DK and Pikachu in one!

If Paper Mario gets another game, I'd call him a lock. If Ridley misses playable status, I'm honestly done supporting him. :p

So...

If he gets a game, Paper Mario.
Captain Toad
Dixie Kong
Takamaru (he got a re-release, maybe Sakurai will call it good-enough?)
Any number of classic retro characters that show up in a new entry of their series. Ayumi, Lip, etc. If Mach Rider gets a sequel, Sakurai will definitely show up.
New Pokémon
Maybe Impa
New Fire Emblem character, maybe?
Inkling
Maybe a Codename S.T.E.A.M. character?
If AW gets a new game, I'd expect either a unit-based character or a CO
Marshal

People have been hot on Captain Toad. I'd also like to see a newcomer from WarioWare.

But I expect the roster will be focused on adding more new series to Smash. So depending on reception, Splatoon and Project STEAM can provide some interesting fighters. We may get another retro revival (fingers crossed for Lip!). Maybe some out there fighter like a Style Savvy character, because why the heck not? But I'm expecting much less newcomers in Smash 6 than the current iterations.

ChrisD

Villager is so hard to kill with whenever you can't Smash without a C-stick.

I need a C-Stick.

Axe - Smash attack
Shovel combos - Smash to start
Bowling Drops - Smash

All I've got are my weeds.

Weeds and a constant barrage of Lloid.

I get so conflicted about whether or not I'm okay with Rare removed from the DK games. On one hand, we lost DK Racing. A game that was to take inspiration from GTA 3 and have you ride animals as karts. They also were making a Diddy Kong Racing game with Mario characters.

DKP_Spaceworld_2001_(Unused_Character_Sprites).png

On the other hand, I prefer the Retro Studios games (even if I miss some of the characters MIA) and Diddy Kong Pilot eventually had those Mario characters cut for a racist as hell Redneck Kong.

dkp-character-composite.png
Really the only characters I miss would be Lanky Kong, Enguarde and Espresso. Lanky Kong in particular is a big missed opportunity gameplay wise. While I strongly dislike King K. Rool, I did kinda like the pirate Kremlin theme. If they kept some of the pirate themed enemies from DKC2, I wouldn't be opposed to that either. Just show King K. Rool's skeleton or skull somewhere to off hand explain why K. Rool isn't there.

Diddy Kong Racing GBA shoulda had

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Kiddy Kong
Cranky Kong
King K. Rool
Lanky Kong
Funky Kong
Candy Kong
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad
Yoshi
Wario

Pyrokai

Man....a lot of the characters you guys are naming are ones I want for DLC, not Smash 5/6/whatever we consider it. I don't know if I can handle waiting for Dixie for that long :(

Oh right. I keep constantly forgetting DHD is in this game, it's just so insane.

But yea, other than crazy retro characters, the cut off is typically a year or so before the last smash game.

I don't know if Sakurai is against characters who are neither crazy retro or relevant - it's just how it happens to work out.

I wonder if they'll make Fusion suit Samus a character before Ridley...

If we actually end up getting Dark Samus in the future, the entire Metroid cast would consist of nothing but different versions of Samus. Ha. I guess the current decision has a lot to do with how Metroid is as a series. It's really not about the characters. It's just Samus in general isolation fighting some recurring monsters. Eh.

Pyrokai

Diddy Kong Racing GBA shoulda had

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Kiddy Kong
Cranky Kong
King K. Rool
Lanky Kong
Funky Kong
Candy Kong
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad
Yoshi
Wario

You mean for DS?

And ew. I'd rather DKR2 be Smash-style with B-tier Nintendo characters like Mallo, Dillon, Rusty, etc. Couid be really fun.

If we actually end up getting Dark Samus in the future, the entire Metroid cast would consist of nothing but different versions of Samus. Ha. I guess the current decision has a lot to do with how Metroid is as a series. It's really not about the characters. It's just Samus in general isolation fighting some recurring monsters. Eh.
Yo, Dark Samus is a recurring monster, not a version of Samus.

Dark Samus is powerful as hell in the game

why Sakurai why, give us that clone too
I know! Two dark characters might be too much though.

Moonlight

Banned
Then just call her Metroid Prime. That's equally accurate.

Yo, Dark Samus is a recurring monster, not a version of Samus.

I knooow, I know, but no one will really see it that way. Look at how everyone whines about Dark Pit being just another Pit when he's actually his own character. It won't matter to anyone, lol.

"COME ON, SAKURAI. THREE SAMUSES AND NO RIDLEY? YOU SHOULD JUST RETIRE AND LET SOMEONE MORE COMPETENT TAKE THE HELM!!one!1"

Glad to see Pauletina and Greninja both look really fun.

Kinda bummed to hear Mega Man isn't great, but I'll still give him a go every once in awhile.

Haven't seen much of Shulk but doesn't look super cool. I think I might prefer Ike.

And dat purple Charizard of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom